It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Packing in Public

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Thanx for putting that information out there Centurion. I was looking for those statistics.

When the crackhead wanting to rob the 7-11 knows the 5 people standing behind him to pay for their gas and Doritos are carrying, he doesn't have the cajones to do diddly. Thieves are also cowards. They would rather pick on the defenseless then have to be confronted by Very Defensed Persons.

My $.02

Silver

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
hi all

i am a proponet of open carry as well, and i do have a permit; but i want to share the best example of 'gun control' around; morton grove ill made it illegal to own a firearm,period; kennesaw georgia made it mandatory to own a firearm,period. morton grove has the highest crime rate in the country; kennesaw has no crime rate. need i say more?

Mandatory to OWN a gun? Really? That sounds quite interesting. I would love to see some data based on the relationship of gun ownership and crime in that area.

this is from-www.worldnetdaily.com... -

[/In March 1982, 25 years ago, the small town of Kennesaw – responding to a handgun ban in Morton Grove, Ill. – unanimously passed an ordinance requiring each head of household to own and maintain a gun. Since then, despite dire predictions of "Wild West" showdowns and increased violence and accidents, not a single resident has been involved in a fatal shooting – as a victim, attacker or defender.

The crime rate initially plummeted for several years after the passage of the ordinance, with the 2005 per capita crime rate actually significantly lower than it was in 1981, the year before passage of the law.

Prior to enactment of the law, Kennesaw had a population of just 5,242 but a crime rate significantly higher (4,332 per 100,000) than the national average (3,899 per 100,000). The latest statistics available – for the year 2005 – show the rate at 2,027 per 100,000. Meanwhile, the population has skyrocketed to 28,189. ]

also check wiki my friend.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join