It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Packing in Public

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I have my concealed carry permit. I believe in "low profile" but thumbs up to anyone who open carries!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The NRA just won the case against Philly on this point. Fast Eddy Rendell vows to try and fight it but the state constitution is very clear on preemption. To bad Rendell didn't care about his citizens.

Zindo

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Open carry is also legal in Nevada. In fact, the blood alcohol limit is higher for carrying a firearm than for driving a car.

We also just had the sheriff in Virginia City try to clamp down on the gunfighters (for shows) and docents that dress in period 1875 costumes (with weapons) to promote tourism, with requirements for special permits that had to be purchased and a bunch of limits on what you can and cannot do.

That was until someone reminded him that both the 2nd ammendment and Nevada law pre-empted his right to enforce those restrictions.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Zindo, I think I can now respond to your post. We have already given our condolences to the other ATS member. This does not diminish our care for a loss.

I deleted what I wrote, initially, because the timing was poor. But, what I originally said was....your story, Zindo, was one of the funniest true-life stories I have ever seen! I laughed out loud!! And, that is rare, here on ATS.

While looking at post above, I thought humor was inappropriate....so I deleted my post.

But, some time has passed, and Zindo's post is there, for all to read. It is a great story, a real story....and, as I originally mentioned, you should copyright it, or else you will see it in a movie in a year or two.....

And, thank you, Zindo, for the chance to actually laugh out loud, as I read posts on ATS!!!! Brilliant!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thank you kindly Sir! That was back in 2003 and some of Arparo's deputy's remember it well. Its a cherished moment for me and the others involved.

Zindo

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Well, when I lived in Phoenix, I know how the Sherriff loved the limelight!!!

His pink underwear.....Brilliant!!!

For those who do not know, this Sheriff, in Maricopa County, in the State of Arizona....made all of his prisoners wear pink underwear. It was Brillant!!!! Caused violence to diminish.....

Please look it up....Google it!!

While I may not agree with his politacol (spelling?) views, you have to give the man credit for getting results.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

New Hampshire huh? "Live free or die" indeed. Thanks for the story.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

That's really messed up. You should do a thread about that.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Zindo, I think I can now respond to your post. We have already given our condolences to the other ATS member. This does not diminish our care for a loss.

I deleted what I wrote, initially, because the timing was poor. But, what I originally said was....your story, Zindo, was one of the funniest true-life stories I have ever seen! I laughed out loud!! And, that is rare, here on ATS.

While looking at post above, I thought humor was inappropriate....so I deleted my post.

But, some time has passed, and Zindo's post is there, for all to read. It is a great story, a real story....and, as I originally mentioned, you should copyright it, or else you will see it in a movie in a year or two.....

And, thank you, Zindo, for the chance to actually laugh out loud, as I read posts on ATS!!!! Brilliant!!!

Don't let my earlier post influence something that you wanted to say. If you have something to say, say it! lol. And I just read the rest of Zin's story and god that was quite an event. I only wish I was there to see it

I believe in open carry as long as you are not a felon, or psychotic. Look at what happened in the UK, they banned guns so now people are attacking each other with samurai swords and such, which they also now had to ban, lol. If someone is going to commit a crime, they are going to do it regardless. The only thing taking away the right to carry does is give the criminals the upper hand.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

That's really messed up. You should do a thread about that.

I thought about it, because it is a prime example of his civil rights being violated, as well as how and why guns should be open carry in all states. I probably will eventually but I am still waiting on a few more pieces of information from the coroners report as well as police reports and such.

a bit off topic but..
The gist of the story though is pretty much he was jailed for shooting his friend with a gun that was never shot, denied medical treatment while in custody even after going blind in one of his eyes which we have a witness to as well, the police further assaulted him in his cell while asking why he shot and killed his friend, they never once tested him for gun powder residue or cared that the gun never was even fired, after bailing him out he finally saw a doctor gave him extremely large quantity of oxycodone 30 mg instant release and alprazolam 1 mg while he had severe head trauma, and the coroners report said he died due to the medication the doctor prescribed - we think the head trauma had a lot to do with how the medication affected him and how much he took. he called us that night saying he was not able to get rid of the pain of his brain swelling with the medication. He did not have medical insurance and was out of work so could not afford a hospital visit. Although, he should have been sent to the hospital when the police arrested him due to a broken orbital bone, facial fractures, broken teeth, and severe lacerations.

Anyway - without that gun, everyone in the car would have been shot dead at the scene of the crime with no chances.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by deadline527]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I think she was a transplant from Kennedyville!!!!!(now I'm gona get flamed for sure!!!LOL)

Zindo

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

I think she was a transplant from Kennedyville!!!!!(now I'm gona get flamed for sure!!!LOL)

Zindo

lol, actually I diddnt get the joke sadly, but I wanted to flame ya anyway

So just to clear something up on topic, if I had a registered gun and I live in a open carry state, I am allowed to carry it as long as it can be seen without a carriers permit? As in a holster on the hip, not a shoulder holster as was talked about earlier.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yes in most public places but private property rights can make your carry rights disapear. Heres a link to help you learn what your rights are specificaly in your state. Hope this helps you.

Zindo
PS Kennedyville is Massachusetts

www.gunlaws.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Sounds like a perfect storm of converging events in which multiple parties have culpability. But that "mulitple" aspect probably means that no one will catch the hot potato.

I really am sorry for your loss though.

A bit off topic, but there was a football player in a high-school I worked at that died not too long ago. He broke his ankle and was pretty bruised up after a bad day on the football field. I think it was oxycodone they gave him, which stopped his heart in his sleep that night. If I remember correctly, he had a concussion as well.

May you see that justice is done.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
hi all

i am a proponet of open carry as well, and i do have a permit; but i want to share the best example of 'gun control' around; morton grove ill made it illegal to own a firearm,period; kennesaw georgia made it mandatory to own a firearm,period. morton grove has the highest crime rate in the country; kennesaw has no crime rate. need i say more?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
hi all

i am a proponet of open carry as well, and i do have a permit; but i want to share the best example of 'gun control' around; morton grove ill made it illegal to own a firearm,period; kennesaw georgia made it mandatory to own a firearm,period. morton grove has the highest crime rate in the country; kennesaw has no crime rate. need i say more?

Mandatory to OWN a gun? Really? That sounds quite interesting. I would love to see some data based on the relationship of gun ownership and crime in that area.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I keep reading the title and thinking people are packing suitcases or something in public like its a compulsion or something. I use alot of tools everyday but I never felt the need to pack anything at all times other than a pair of #2 felco bypass pruners and a leatherman.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527

hi all

Mandatory to OWN a gun? Really? That sounds quite interesting. I would love to see some data based on the relationship of gun ownership and crime in that area.

By all means, please do (some of your own) research. I will suggest you start with FBI statistics that show quite clearly that violent crime decreases in any locality that approves concealed carry laws.

Why? Simple. Because criminals are basically cowards. If they don't know which potential victim may fight back, they will move on to easier pickings - most likely in a so-called gun free zone. If you dig even deeper, you'll find that most if not all mass murders have taken place in those very same gun-free zones. Banning guns didn't help the victims much now did it?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by deadline527

hi all

By all means, please do (some of your own) research. I will suggest you start with FBI statistics that show quite clearly that violent crime decreases in any locality that approves concealed carry laws.

Why? Simple. Because criminals are basically cowards. If they don't know which potential victim may fight back, they will move on to easier pickings - most likely in a so-called gun free zone. If you dig even deeper, you'll find that most if not all mass murders have taken place in those very same gun-free zones. Banning guns didn't help the victims much now did it?

Very interesting and I am definitely going to do some resarch on the topic, I will post it tomorrow when I get some time. It really makes a lot of sense too that the criminals would only want to rob low-risk victims. Star for you by the way, really good post.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Good. You might find the following website to be a good place to start:

Gun Map

Note the locations of the mass murders ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join