It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is ruining our society.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I was reading along on the Hitler was not an atheist thread, and thought it was strange how upset people were getting. I understand it is a touchy subject, and I can not imagine how it would have been to live through those times. However I have noticed that without religion we would have not had most of the wars this planet has seen. I am an atheist, but I do believe in the principles of Christianity, as well as most other organized religions. The thought of do unto others is fundamentally correct no matter who you are. I have never heart anyone or tortured anyone, and I am an atheist. At the same time there are Catholic priest and Mormon bishops who have seen fit to rape children in the name of god.
I do not claim to know much of Buddhism or of The Muslim faith; however I am sure these things happen in those circles as well. I guess my point is that Satan has never been the instigation of any war that I am aware of. I mean it is always some god loving people on a crusade to fix the rest of humanity. Is this some sort of conspiracy to keep us all fighting, by keeping us all on opposite sides of the pearly gates?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It's ok the christian church is dinamicaly moving towards their ideal of being as fundemental as the Westboro Baptist Church

They will be happy only when people believe their religion their way and live exactly how they wish to live with zero tolerance for anyone else.

[edit on 6/8/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by red 5
At the same time there are Catholic priest and Mormon bishops who have seen fit to rape children in the name of god.

I doubt, very much, this is done in the name of God. I don't know why they do it - i honestly don't - that is a personal thing for them and they will answer for it one day. Do you think God sanctions this sort of thing - i mean seriously? There are many good things done in the name of God. If someone murders etc and says it's because God told him to, do you seriously believe that person? But because these priests commit rape and sodomy you would believe it's in the name of God? Or is this just your opinion?

Is this some sort of conspiracy to keep us all fighting, by keeping us all on opposite sides of the pearly gates?

Nope, this is free will. You either believe in God or you don't. That is the free will offered. Nothing else. Why would believing in God or not keep you fighting? Considering the use of the word "us" includes yourself and others for whom you speak. I believe in God and i am not fighting. I won't sway anyone to my way of thinking of beliefs. It's personal.

No crime is committed because God said so! That's just the stereo typical idea that people kill or killed or rape etc etc etc in the name of God.

Why blame God for what priests etc do if you do not believe God exists. Strange wouldn't you think? So just say these people are wacko and do stuff because they abuse the trust placed in them. Simple and logical

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by red 5

your quote:satan has never been the instigator of any war ?

the vision Messiah gave to the apostle john says in revelation 16:14-16 that the demons(the fallen angels that follow satan)gather the kings of the whole together to war against Messiah when He comes.

the book of daniel 10:13-20 says that battles take place between G-D's angels led by Gabriel and Michael against satan and his demons down through history.

no "man" can withstand 1 of G-D'S angels but satan( prince of persia) at that time is far more powerful than any man.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

he wins that on a technicality. satan hasn't STARTED a war, even according to the bible...yet

and, even if you believe the bible, that may never come to pass...we do have free will, don't we?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
when i read genesis 3 i see that the serpent started a war against our first parents and us right in the garden of paradise.the war it started then resulted in death for both adam and eve and consequently death was passed onto us.

i would say that anyone that wants to murder us is at war with us.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey

i would say that anyone that wants to murder us is at war with us.

Erm who wants to murder you?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

There was a war in Heaven against the devil.
He was cast out and drew a third of the angels down with him.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hitler was not Christian... this is the truth..

Now about religion causing wars.. So has communism and communism will be the cause of WW3 and the freemasons... and these are the ones who create nukes...

There have been some evil, and I mean evilo communist in the last century who had no respect for human life whatsoever... they have no moral code to live by..

What you say red 5, you sound like a good sincere person... But your goodness that is in you came from somewhere, you learned it somewhere... and the person you learned it from learned it from someone else and it keeps going back until you reach the one who taught us moral code... and even the pagans who have a moral code learned it from their gods...

so it comes from God.. he created love, and he injects it into our soul...

but I don't think you know what grace is yet, so i will not go further into that...

anyways... the priest who rape kids, let's get one thing clear, are NOT Christians.. they are evil men who infiltrate our church, probably communist or freemaasons who in their own words have said they put communist memebers into the priesthood all the time to destroy the church from within and make use of it....

basically these priest are nothing more then demons in human form to cause the churches ruins as was prophecied 100s of years ago but the church will not be overcome.... God will not allow it..

God will sweep the house clean of all evil priest soon and he will rebuild the church like never before and I want so badly to see those days, but those days probably will not come until after WW3..

peace.

new topics

top topics

join