It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any truth to this article? Report: Hundreds of WMDs Found in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Source: Fox News ArticleWe have found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, chemical weapons," Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pa., said in a quickly called press conference late Wednesday afternoon.

Reading from a declassified portion of a report by the National Ground Intelligence Center, a Defense Department intelligence unit, Santorum said: "Since 2003, coalition forces have recovered approximately 500 weapons munitions which contain degraded mustard or sarin nerve agent. Despite many efforts to locate and destroy Iraq's pre-Gulf War chemical munitions, filled and unfilled pre-Gulf War chemical munitions are assessed to still exist."

People will argue up and down about whether there were or were not WMD's in Iraq. I have never seen real proof. I think there wasn't any WMD's in Iraq. I have never trusted the different news channels of what happened, because they all have different view points.

A friend of mine showed me this article claiming it was proof. I think we are over there for two reasons: 1. Oil which is almost accomplished it seems. 2. Get rid of Saddam for trying to assassinate Bush Jr's father in the past (George Bush Sr. Of course). Which has already been accomplished.

So what do you guys think?

And did any member of congress even vote on this war, or was it just senators?

[edit on 8-6-2008 by jca2005]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
So what do you guys think?

The shells did contain sarin nerve gas and mustard gas but they were relics of the Iran/Iraq war and were severely degraded.

In the grand scheme of things they just didn't count.

Originally posted by jca2005
And did any member of congress even vote on this war, or was it just senators?

Umm.. Senators ARE members of Congress...

Natalie~

[edit on 6-9-2008 by intelgurl]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

In light of those facts, we thought you might like to see the video of Rick's announcement of the web site, in which he takes credit for getting the documents made public and says he's not concerned that any of the information is sensitive, even though he admits to having "no idea" what's contained in the documents. Brilliant!

Here

[edit on 6/9/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Exactly,

Those weapons were forgotten about,

I honestly think Saddam did obey and try to destroy the large quantities he made via the Iran/Iraq war, there's stories going around about how scientists emptied the poisons into lakes and rivers which were to close to Saddam's palaces thus, their imminent torture.

These weapons were likely mistakes, not written properly on a map or just ignored in the mad haste of trying to destroy everything, maybe even the officials in charge of munitions in that 'region' were killed, thus no one really knew what laid there thereafter.

as I recall the Bush admin accused him of

1. having STOCKPILES
2. having MASS production facilities
3. having mobile production plants
4. having them deployed and prepared for a 30minute attack

in a country awash with millions upon millions of munitions, 500 30+ year old mortar shells are a mute point.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Rick "INSANE"torum??
Not credible, never was.

When was this, according to the OP? Just last Wednesday?

I suggest flooding the Senator's office in DC, and PA, with phone calls to politely express your displeasure at such purely partisan, and dishonest ploy.

They keep thinking we are stupid, it is insulting.

new topics

top topics

join