It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENOUGH! I am boycotting gas!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I have enough with these damn ridiculous gas prices. I cant even afford to drive my small crappy car anymore. What makes me more angry is that I cant mow peoples grass anymore without spending all of the money I made on gas. Every time I turn on TV or look on internet there's something about the gas prices going up. I really feel like screaming in anger cause the idiots at Washington D.C. are doing NONE THING about it. Why not our government and all the politicians pass a max price limit law, fine or tell the greedy gas companies to bring down the prices. Cause gas prices are the real reason why America going though a recession. People cant afford to buy things like they use too cause they are wasting all of it on gas.

Anyway I am boycotting gas now, I will not buy another drop of gas till it gets allot cheaper than it is now. I urge people to boycott gas prices cause the prices ridiculous. You can start boycotting gas by using public transportation, carpool, bicycle or walk to where you need to go. Tell the greedy gas companies enough with high prices of gas!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
i think its do to the fact that middle eastern countries are rapidly depleting their oil reserves. like Saudi Arabia, if im not mistaken they are already past half of their reserves.

point being they need to make all the money that they can while the makeing is good.

look at Dubai they have had to resort to supporting their country with wild engineering feats. which is cool by the way. but that is just why i think the gas prices are jumping leaps and bounds...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
America going though a recession because its an election year. its happens every election year look it up.

i dont blame you for boycotting gas, its quite noble.

as for me i need gas, i travle a lot at work and im not taking a bike to a state 600 miles from where i live, so i dont even bother *sip* about the price of gas.

btw today 8june2008 is columbia sc i found gas $3.77, not to bad considering what i paid in north carolina last week. it was between $3.96 and $4.16...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I like the idea. However, I live about 45 min drive from work. We have no public transportation here either. If I biked it would take a long time and I couldn't transport my children.
Again, good idea but not do-able for many.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Hey, I'd join you in boycotting gas but, you see I need it to get to work and back. I just can't afford to go anywhere else though. I am boycotting the gas stations selling corn gas however. If I'm going to pay a lot for gas, I want to buy real gas that gets me better gas mileage.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I can easily boycott gas for my car. I live about a 20-25 minute walk from work.

However, I cannot boycott things like the gas used in my apartment. Well I could.. never take hot showers, dont cook... but it wouldnt do me a damn bit of good. See, my apt complex uses this oh so -lovely- plan where the gas is bought by the company who owns the complex and then the gas is pumped out to every building. At the end of the month, each building is measured on gas usage and then it is divided by the number of apts occupied. That amount is what each apt must pay with their monthly rent. Sucks to high heaven because, as I said, I could not use any of the gas, but I am still paying for it.

Now.. as for walking to work, I can do it, however, I have a medical condition that makes it extremely painful for me to walk. I can do short jaunts (like around the lake near my apartment, or quick runs into the grocery store) but anything long and I will be in severe pain the rest of the day. An excuse not to walk to work? No... just something I have to keep in mind when I weigh the options of boycotting gas.

VV

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

i to go out of my way to avoid fuel with 10% ethanol.

i dont know how true it is but a friend of mine who went to a prominate tech school in flordia told me ethanol actually decreases your mpg.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
reply to post by Sanity Lost

i to go out of my way to avoid fuel with 10% ethanol.

i dont know how true it is but a friend of mine who went to a prominate tech school in flordia told me ethanol actually decreases your mpg.

Isn't FIT the only prominent tech school here in Florida?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterychicken

no there is mmi and itt and another one i think.

there are certian jobs that will only hire you if you have been to one of those two schools.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

Guess the humor was lost. While FIT is fine it's not the most respected tech school out there.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by mysterychicken]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterychicken

i didnt mean to kill the buzz.

i was just trying to make a point.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Mah! Good times good times!!

No buzz killed.

Back OT I wonder if there something those of us in more rural settings can do...
If I didn't have kids to travel with I'd hop on the motorcycle.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'd boycott gas, but jobs are hard to find, and I finally found one that pays, well, Ok wages... but it is about 35 miles away. So depressing. Someday I'll be able to afford a wind generator and the parts to convert my car to electric... maybe. With the way things are going, I'm going to be a slave to gasoline forever.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I despise the Gas Prices. I drive a VW Beetle, Diesel, and it took almost $68 to fill my tank. Diesel right now, is $1.35/L where I live. Thats like $5..../Gallon? Granted, I get great mileage with my car, I get almost 60mpg highway driving, and 53ish in town. (Perhaps the Performace Chip I put in my car last summer also aids in the MPG). I work out of town, so most of my KM's are highway...BUT..Filling up my car every 2 weeks, from $50 - $68 is an extra $36 a month, which for a Broke student, DOES make a difference.

I've made the decision to live in Residence next semester, and Park my Car all year. Where I live in the Summer, is different from where I attend University, so I'll cut my travelling home as well. Driving to University was about 20 minutes, in the city, and my mileage went down signifigantly. I'm looking forward to walking to classes, and hopefully saving some money so that I can still afford to drive my car.

-Carrot

[edit on 6/8/2008 by CA_Orot]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Files

The solution is not to boycott gas completly...you will not be able to do this. The solution however, IS to cut back on your driving. I have done this myself. If everyone in America were to cut down their driving by a mere 50 miles a week, then the oil companies would really feel it. The problem is that most Americans aren't willing to sacrifice Nascar...YEEEEHHAAAWWW!!!

No but seriously, most people aren't willing to cut back their driving.
And all the people who say "Don't buy gas on this day!" are ignorant because if you don't buy gas on a Thursday or some BS, then you will just have to buy gas the day before or the day after. And the only entity that really hurts is the gas station itself, not the oil companies. The gas stations don't really make a majority of their money off of gas, believe it or not. They pay just about as much as we do. They make about 9 cents profit off of each gallon give or take 5 cents depending on the gas station.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Our government is doing nothing about gas prices because the people in the government and the people making money from gas ARE THE SAME PEOPLE.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ianr5741

Corruption at its finest.

i would think that as long as we are importing oil from other countries, our government could only control gas prices to a certian extent. i dont know if you know this or not but the gas stations only make $.03 to $.10 cents on the gallon.

and as long a the tree huggers keep fighting it and winning we will never open up our own oil reserves...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The thing about Oil that really scares me is the complete denial most folks have about there future. I lived in Los Angeles last year with my boyfriend and we knew than that things there were unstable. The differences between poor and rich are so vast there that just even with gas prices rising it's enough to put some people in crisis. We decided to move back to Iowa and it was the smartest thing we could have done.
These Suburban people are in complete denial, still driving there huge SUV's and Wall-mart. Its almost over guys and the WORST thing is no one is talking about it.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I started boycotting, well Corn Fuel 6 months ago. I also told others not to buy that corn junk. so far since my speading the word about 30 of my firends don't buy it anymore. Im sure they also told their friends and their friends. I also don't by from companies that buy oil from the middle east either. (that list is ATS someplace.) that corn fuel will give you 2 miles less per gallon and makes your car run like it's 20 years old. I too have also cut down my driving about 50-60 miles a week . I fill my tank and it lasts a good 3 weeks now. I only drive when I need to. If you can't boycott regular fuel then boycott corn fuel. at leat it's a start.

this just in today.

- Saudi Arabia will call for a summit between oil producing countries and consumer states to discuss soaring energy prices, Information and Culture Minister Iyad Madani said Monday.

Sounds like Sympathy to me.

here a link

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 9-6-2008 by SJE98]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
i have a friend that lives in charelston SC. now im going on what he told me and not something i witnessed myself.

he told me you could only put $50 in gas in your car at a time. thats just crazy..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join