It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in preordained destiny

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
YES I DO.
BELIEVE, THAT IS...

Am I sure of it...
Nope...

But I believe in myself...
I believe we all have our roles to play...

I believe that you can change the inevitable, however...

I believe that the gifts we are bestowed... the blessings... are as intentional as they are specific and unique...

I believe in the book of life...

I believe in second chances (third...infinite perhaps...)...
I believe in finality as well...

I believe in "us"...
They believe in "us"...
They're obsessed with us...
This is because...
God believes in us...
God's destiny and fate and our will and blood and sweat and tears - shall carry us...

Who relse ecognizes this?

IT WAS WRITTEN...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Fair enough

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by destiny-fate

*smiles sweetly*

Sorry, i just don't like thinking about the possibility of a Malevolent God.

Probably because if there is a God, i wouldn't want to be giving the old fellow ideas.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBLESSINGofVISION

I believe that you can change the inevitable, however...

I believe that the gifts we are bestowed... the blessings... are as intentional as they are specific and unique...

I believe in the book of life...

God's destiny and fate and our will and blood and sweat and tears - shall carry us...

IT WAS WRITTEN...

Can we change the inevitable ??? I have experienced many synchronous events this last year - more than just coincidences - I would liken my experience to the Matrix - a few times I was ready to pull the plug close all further avenues of communication down - but I am inherently nosey - I hate secrets - well to be quite honest I just can't help myself - It is my nature. Perhaps my Nature = Preordained Destiny

Nice post thanks

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

If it was your nature, then it could be said that you are making your own destiny.

It's just reality that's gone *snip* up.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant

If it was your nature, then it could be said that you are making your own destiny.

It's just reality that's gone *snip* up.

I have pondered that myself - creating my own Destiny - but when I look back at the first event that triggered my new experiences and chance encounters - I would have to say no. But then on the other hand perhaps I should say yes/maybe
because I am really not 100 percent sure. It is so hard for me to put my feelings into words. So sorry if I confuse you
Some experiences are just deeper - its almost as if the experience has layers - you know like when you read something that has been written with alot of depth and feeling - you have to read it several times because the thoughts are layered in just such away there are actually several meanings (truths) hidden in the text.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by destiny-fate
It is so hard for me to put my feelings into words.

The term is 'existential agony'.

As in, pain at having existed.

It's an odd concept to get your head around if you don't know what it feels like.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Hmmmm well that explains my habitual leanings toward escapism

[edit on 16-6-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

There is no inevitable, there are only buckets of paint. lol

But ask yourself this, are the colors really the colors that i think they are? might a different awareness see this same color as i do? maybe for them this color glows in the dark? or appears opposite, or a shade of green?

Another good question to ask ourselves as well is this: what does the bucket of paint want me to do with it? it could want to be mixed with another color or have my name painted in the city streets in big block letters, or maybe it wants to go over and cross out that gangs grafiti. so what does the bucket want to do?

Can the bucket even choose?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Yes, I believe in pre-destination. I have absolutely NO proof though. Just my experiences. I believe we map out positive as well as challenging events (for our own growth) in our lives before we are born. Along the way, we give ourselves little brief reminders of how we are doing. This is widely known as DEJA Vü.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grock

There is no inevitable, there are only buckets of paint. lol

But ask yourself this, are the colors really the colors that i think they are? might a different awareness see this same color as i do? maybe for them this color glows in the dark? or appears opposite, or a shade of green?

Another good question to ask ourselves as well is this: what does the bucket of paint want me to do with it? it could want to be mixed with another color or have my name painted in the city streets in big block letters, or maybe it wants to go over and cross out that gangs grafiti. so what does the bucket want to do?

Can the bucket even choose?

Oops took a while to reply - thought this thread was dead lol

(Smiling) Nice post lol

Yes perspectives and colour - interesting concept

When I think about your thoughts on the bucket the word that comes to mind is insight ?? That deeper level of ( JUST KNOWING ) that force that ( ( DRIVES ) us in a certain direction lol So if we were to expand on that thought would insight = Freewill or Preordained Destiny ???

[edit on 20-6-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
your OP story could also be understood as the receipient having a life changing epiphany, having a deeper look at life, and the Right Brain taking over...
being more introspective of that sobering experience the person became more creative and had more empathy....both products of a Right Brain personna.
now that is not as romantic as the tale that was woven from whisps of flighty thoughts.

pre-destiny has a straightforward explaination, but it has been re-wrapped in mystery.
much like the idea of telepathy, it too has been mistranslated.

thanks,

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Yes Deja vu - a window in time. Those moments are just too fleeting - Have you ever tried to hang onto the feeling - then move forward in time -into the future - it is so difficult lol Had an amazing experience once - A large group of us were sitting on the school oval - there would of been about 20 of us - all of a sudden - out of nowhere I got this really strong feeling of Deja Vu - then one of the guys in the group - a good friend of mine piped up and said " That's really weird I just had this really strange feeling I have done this before" - two others, then - also acknowledged they had the same feeling. It just felt a bit creepy so many others experiencing it at the same time

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Thanks for your thoughts - Are you always so incongruous - sorry
I couldn't help myself. It's just I always like to sus peoples moods before I respond

So what are your thoughts on telepathy - just curious

[edit on 20-6-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Totally! Its like you know the future for a split second, but you cant quite make out the details...like a fleeting dream that only leaves a footprint of its memory.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Have you ever noticed that the events surrounding our sense of Deja vu seem really insignificant most of the time lol usually not earth shattering events ???? ( Someone once told me Deja vu is the direct result of distortions in time others have said the opposite - that in actual fact the experience comes from being relaxed - centred and whole ) And its funny because I think about that time at school so often I wonder if in some weird way by focusing on it now I am in someway re-connecting with my past???? Now that's an interesting concept does our future self influence our present ???? And could my focus on that particular event in time also enter other people's consciousness and that is why so many others were picking up on the experience

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join