Do you believe in preordained destiny

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
According to a study of patients who have received transplanted organs, particularly hearts, it is not uncommon for memories, behaviours, preferences and habits associated with the donor to be transferred to the recipient.

I found this particular case study so profound and beautiful I decided to post it here. A modern Romeo and Juliet of sorts - I know skeptics will argue it is all just a coincidence but - (I am a believer - it is not a dream - it is reality ) This is a story about Eternal Love - A powerful force that transcends the wheels of space and time - an invisible thread that connects everything in the universe - that primal energy that flows and fills tirelessly - THE HEART - The ESSENCE - the source of all Universal Truths . To find another who can give so completely as to fill the very essence of your being with so much love that your sense of self and ego dissolve into a heavenly state of ( Being ) - where the dream becomes the reality - where the veil that once separated the world of spirit and matter merge - where all elements and forces combine to become one - a cosmic dance of divine spiritual love - this is the primal energy source all life seeks - to become fully awake and see all the layers and dimensions of reality - so beautiful so perfect - creation with divinity, flesh with spirit.

Love is the power that moves the universe, the day of life, the night of death, and the new day after death. The radiance of this universe sends us a message of love and says that all creation came from love … Love leads to light. Mascaro (1962, p.30)

The donor was an 18-year-old boy killed in an automobile accident. The recipient was an 18-year-old girl diagnosed with endocarditis and subsequent heart failure.

The donor’s father, a psychiatrist, said:

My son always wrote poetry. We had waited more than a year to clean out his room after he died. We found a book of poems he had never shown us, and we’ve never told anyone about them. One of them has left us shaken emotionally and spiritually. It spoke of his seeing his own sudden death. He was a musician, too, and we found a song he titled “Danny, My Heart Is Yours”—the words about how my son felt he was destined to die and give his heart to someone. He had decided to donate his organs when he was 12 years old. We thought it was quite strong, but we thought they were talking about it in school. When we met his recipient, we were so…we didn’t know, like, what it was. We don’t know now. We just don’t know.

The recipient reported:

When they showed me pictures of their son, I knew him directly. I would have picked him out anywhere. He’s in me. I know he is in me and he is in love with me. He was always my lover, maybe in another time somewhere. How could he know years before he died that he would die and give his heart to me? How would he know my name is Danny? And then, when they played me some of his music, I could finish the phrases of his songs. I could never play before, but after my transplant I began to love music. I felt it in my heart. My heart had to play it. I told my mom I wanted to take guitar lessons—the same instrument Paul [the donor] had played. His song is in me. I feel it a lot at night and it’s like Paul is serenading me.

The recipient’s father reported:

My daughter, she was what you say….a hell-raiser. Until she got sick—they say from a dentist, they think—she was the wild one. Then she became quite quiet. I think it was her illness, but she said she felt more energy, not less. She said she wanted to play an instrument and she wanted to sing. When she wrote her first song, she sang about her new heart as her lover’s heart. She said her lover had come to save her life.

www.sciencedirect.com... 1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=f61e20337e2390449d2df966c0ba7a9c

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
That's a cute story. I've never heard anything like that before...

Anyway do I believe in pre-destination? Sortof but I definitely believe we have free will.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissInformation
Anyway do I believe in pre-destination? Sort of but I definitely believe we have free will.

This is definitely a topic I can go on about at length (and have done so in the past, regrettably, without much reasonable restraint.)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, we don't have free will.

It looks like we do, but the future is just as immutable and unchanging as the past. Every keystroke I've typed here could have been nothing else, and will never change.

Edit: That holds true for this edit also.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MissInformation

Yes I have conflicting thoughts

[edit on 12-6-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I don't want there to be predestination. I want the human spirit to be free with all the ramifications that entails.

However some of the stories do seem to point in the preordained dentiny direction.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Not so much as a pre-ordained as that everyone will get some challenges in their lives they have to deal with, the challenges and baserules ( your initial personality ) are set at birth, i think that could be the case but your actions on those challenges and the way we deal with our personality are part of the free will. Because if we are without a free will nothing that is happening on this earth is really to blame on us, and i for one think it is to blame on us.

If everything is preordained the universe would go stale because of the predictability, if everything is pre-ordained there is no experience to experience because the soul housing in us will know in advance what will happen, it's like tickling yourself; it's just not the same.

So yeah, the soul has a pre-ordained challenge (an experience it want's to life out) at birth but the rest is for us to decide, and us is the whole mind/soul/body thing together.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

Thanks for the link - I found your theory regarding Why Astrology Works very interesting. Will be back to read some more

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Two scenarios

Spiritual - Preordained Destiny

I had an experience just before New Years Eve it was so amazing. I woke up but was only semi conscious ( Lucid Dreaming ) I felt a sense of awareness unlike anything I had ever experienced before - I felt complete. The "Paradise", "Heaven" or, as Christ has called it "The Kingdom of God Within". The flow was like a sacred river of divine water flowing right through me. I was floating suspended in space - I looked down across my body and saw it as a translucent glowing energy grid. I felt the energy/electricity that was flowing through me was connected to everything else in the universe.

Reminds me of this tract from the Book of Hymns of the Dead Sea Scrolls:

"I have reached the inner vision and through Thy Spirit in me I have heard Thy wondrous secret, through Thy mystic insight Thou hast caused a spring of knowledge to well up within me, a fountain of power, pouring forth living waters, a flood of love and of all embracing wisdom, like the splendour of eternal light". The "fountain of power", "spring of knowledge", "Living water", "flood of love", "eternal light"

Everything in the universe was connected by this amazing source of energy. Every action / reaction had/has a consequence - but the energy grids keep everything in balance - Preordained Destiny

Physical / Reality - Free Will ??

I won't go into too many details but I was meant to meet up with some people - we had planned a day-trip to the coast. The city I live in is some 300 km's away from the beach. Our first stop before hitting the beach was a property 15 mins inland from the coast. When I arrived at my friends house I realized they must of already gone without me. Furious I decided to make my way down to the beach - regardless - so I could give them a piece of my mind for not waiting. I was so determined ( will ) to meet up with them but also knew if I did not catch them at the property my chances of finding them would be slim. So approx a 3 hour trip - They left an hour earlier than me - they took a detour - took a more scenic route and lol got lost - All the way there I was determined I would meet them - consumed with that one and only thought - After some hours of driving I slowed as I approached the driveway to the property I noticed a car coming from the opposite direction also slowing as it reached the driveway - I found myself staring into the faces of my very shocked friends - when we drove into the property the owner was not there - so had I not met them at that exact location at that exact point in time I would of missed them entirely. Mathematically the odds of meeting at that exact point in the road at that exact time - were - in my mind - a million to one. Freewill ??? Preordained Destiny??? Shaping our own Destiny through the sheer Will to Power ????

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harman
Not so much as a pre-ordained as that everyone will get some challenges in their lives they have to deal with, the challenges and baserules ( your initial personality ) are set at birth, i think that could be the case but your actions on those challenges and the way we deal with our personality are part of the free will. Because if we are without a free will nothing that is happening on this earth is really to blame on us, and i for one think it is to blame on us.

If everything is preordained the universe would go stale because of the predictability, if everything is pre-ordained there is no experience to experience because the soul housing in us will know in advance what will happen, it's like tickling yourself; it's just not the same.

So yeah, the soul has a pre-ordained challenge (an experience it want's to life out) at birth but the rest is for us to decide, and us is the whole mind/soul/body thing together.

Thank you for your thoughts. Yes I have often felt the same with regards to theories / beliefs about Karma - sometimes gives people an excuse to stagnate in Lower states of consciousness rather than working on raising the bar - pushing themselves a little harder in an effort to reach a Higher state of Consciousness

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Here is the key to free will and destiny
(two sides of the same coin).

Think of every choice like a bucket of paint. You have all the colors of the rainbow - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet...

If you mix yellow and blue, you WILL get green (its a law of colors, it applies to the rest as well, ie red and yellow make orange).

You have the choice which paint you wish to mix with which paint, but certain laws WILL come into effect depending on the various factors (colors) involved.

You dont have to mix yellow and blue, you could mix indigo and blue (which would of course give you an entirely different color) and therefore an entirely different outcome in choice.

Heres the point, both are true. Free will AND destiny, one does not cancel the other, but they are both in play and interacting together, continuously.

You have a choice, but mix certain choices and you will get certain outcomes.

I cant make it any more plain than that right there.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by destiny-fate

Chance is an every day thing, On a drive or a walk, things can and sometimes do happen, when was the last time you went left instead of right, or zigged instead zag so to speak, we hear stories all the time people go out for food, snacks and have horriable accidents, yet we still pack the malls every weekend. PEACE

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Grock

Nice response - What if someone or something else is constantly adding a new colour to your palette as well - Would that be construed as Free-will ??? Or alternatively we choose our colours on a subconscious level - therefore prescribing to the theory our destinies are already mapped out ???

[edit on 14-6-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Twins having psychic connections might not be much different. Maybe the spirits of these people can than more easiliy influence those who have their organs. Although, it sounds too much like science fiction.

Free will may just be limited choices. I've recalled what seemed to events I had seen several years ago. But, I chose not to do some of those things in this reality. Having a sibling who was supposed to die at an early age and interfering with his programed death could result in a lifetime of negative consequences for doing it. The movie Butterfly Effect was an example.

I would think that all depends on who's editing our lifeline. People refer to alien or fallen angels watching that can see the future. If they were to create clones or give you alternate bodies to use, that would also be a type of preordaned existence. I guess it depends on how special or unique they think you are.

The christ figure in the movie The Last Temptation of Christ had an alternate reality. His three days in hell could seem like a lifetime as another person forgeting his previous one.

Some have said he forgot his previous life in heaven until he was baptized. Sorry to use this example. But, as for preordained, we can't be sure if his life as a prophecy was programed or entirely fictional. Once history outlives us and those who knew us, we can't be sure how true the writings are. Today we know about tabloid journalism, who's to say that wasn't what those stories were to give people hope back then and even pay for it.

Maybe our interpretation of a messiah figure is flawed.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bone13

Chance is an every day thing, On a drive or a walk, things can and sometimes do happen, when was the last time you went left instead of right, or zigged instead zag so to speak, we hear stories all the time people go out for food, snacks and have horriable accidents, yet we still pack the malls every weekend. PEACE

See for most people chance is an everyday occurrence. But for argument sake lets just say everything in the universe has an underlying pattern to it - ( preordained Destiny ) by working out the formulae could we not then change the outcome ???

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I agree, but to many people they dont want preordained destiny, no room to grow or learn. Just think we can get to the best part of life, than blackness, is that fair.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Interesting point you made about the twins and their psychic connections - the above study came about as a direct result of heart transplant recipients experiencing psychic type imprints transferred from their donors. Some now think our hearts may actually be the 'intelligent force' behind the intuitive thoughts and feelings we all experience."

Many ancient cultures asserted that the heart was the primary organ responsible for influencing and directing our emotions and our decision-making ability.

I found it really interesting that the heart starts beating in the unborn fetus even before the brain has been formed.

Scientists have found that the heart has its own independent nervous system – a complex system referred to as "the brain in the heart." There are at least forty thousand neurons (nerve cells) in the heart – as many as are found in various subcortical centers of the brain.

So in some respects the recipient may of picked up memories and emotions from her donor but that would not explain the donors deep seated feeling that he felt he was destined to die and give his heart to a girl called Danny

Just like to thank you for sharing your ideas - actually that goes for everyone that as had an input - and with regards to your thoughts on the bible it is always important we do not take written texts at face value - question everything

[edit on 15-6-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I flat-out refuse to believe in pre-ordained destiny, sorry.

Of course, i do believe that we create fate as we go along, kinda like a universal history book.

Which is wackier - pre-ordained destiny, or a universal recorder?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bone13

No in many cases it is not fair. I try to keep an open mind

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Live my life for the last year - then you would know what wacky was lol but it has been amazing too - the most amazing journey of all time - I would not change one second - not for all the money in the world
Deep down I agree with many that have posted on this thread I think it is a combination of preordained and freewill - just trying to put a few new experiences into perspective

I mean don't you think some accidents or deaths are more than just a one off anomaly - like the story of a little 3 year old Australian girl , Sophie who was badly injured when a car crashed into her pre-school, trapping her under the burning vehicle. Then in 2006 she was hit by a car as she was crossing the road in her wheelchair.

What are the odds ???

People who get struck by lightening not once not twice but three times.

I was also reading a Newspaper article a while ago about a woman who suffered serious spine and head injuries sustained in a car accident - because the accident occurred in the country she had to be airlifted to a nearby city hospital but the plane she was travelling in crashed - all on board died. Once again the odds of this happening to someone twice in one day ????

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by destiny-fate

I mean don't you think some accidents or deaths are more than just a one off anomaly - like the story of a little 3 year old Australian girl , Sophie who was badly injured when a car crashed into her pre-school, trapping her under the burning vehicle. Then in 2006 she was hit by a car as she was crossing the road in her wheelchair.

What are the odds ???

People who get struck by lightening not once not twice but three times.

Now you know why i flat-out refuse.

This argument always comes up.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join