It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran demands Security Council action on Israel threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Iran demands Security Council action on Israel threat

wiredispatch.com

Iran demanded action from the U.N. Security Council about an Israeli threat to attack its nuclear sites if it continues uranium enrichment, according to a letter released Saturday by Iranian U.N. Ambassador Mohammad Khazaee.

Israeli Transport Minister Shaul Mofaz was quoted on Friday in an Israeli newspaper saying that an attack on Iran looks "unavoidable" given the apparent failure of sanctions to deny Tehran technology with bomb-making potential.

"Such a dangerous threat against a sovereign state and a member of the United Nations constitutes a manifest violation of international law and contravenes the most fundamental principles of the Charter of the United Nations, and, thus, requires a resolute and clear response on the part of the United Nations, particularly the Security Council," Khazaee's letter to Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, dated June 6, said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Good move on Iran’s part,

If there is an attack against its sites via Israel/US it will completely destroy the guise of a United nations.

Israel are threatening a sovereign nation with no proof nor evidence nor imminent threat. Pre-emptive action doesn’t constitute an attack.

Sadly, the United Nations will neither blink nor stand up against Israel and the US.

I fear things are quickly moving, Israel have never public ally stated such a blatant course of action towards Iran.

The wheels have started moving toward an unstoppable situation.

wiredispatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
well i have mixed feeling about this.

first off, i am really sick of the US and Israel bullying the region, I find it embarrassing as a US citizen.

On the other hand did the leader of Iran not threaten Israel several times over, just, the last year?

So is not the leader of a nation saying another nation is "soon to disappear" a threat?

Still Israel and the US have been threatening Iran for a long time, not to mention the intervention lead by the US that lead to the establishment of a new power in Iran in, what, the 1950's.

Basically, I think it comes down to doing the right, and sane, thing - preventing war.

I believe that if war is started with Iran we are entering WWIII, something that I feel would be really really bad for everyone alive.

All this bull# posturing and threatening each other has got to end. It reminds me of Revenge of the Nerds or any such movie where one group of dumb ass kids faces off against the other. I am just so sick and tired of it all.

I truly believe that it is NOT part of human nature to desire to kill each other off. Sure there is inherent violence but not at the scale we see it at today. I believe it is all the doing of those in power, who have manipulated the mindset of humanity to allow us to kill each other on such a scale, to kill and to desire to kill....

I think it is LONG past time we WAKE UP.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Israel and the US have been the instigators of a regional problem that is none of their business.

Except for the oil, of course.

The day the saudi's stop co-operating is the day shrub invades.

The man is over-enamorated with oil.

Tries to take over the world in order to prove his daddy was wrong.

Bless.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So funny to hear iran crying to the UN about threats after the threats they have been making against Israel. Not to mention iran's proxy war that they have been fighting against Israel through hamas and hezbollah.

Yet another example from muslim states of being able to dish it out but not take it. So weak of iran.

new topics

top topics

join