It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Men Detained as Suspected Conspirators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hi, new member and first post, which will be controversial. I'd like to present some old information in a new way. Imagine that you've heard these stories for the first time. Tell me why they weren't national headlines? I'll even remove specific references for impartiality and to reduce the inevitable accusations. Please remember that I'm examining just one aspect of 9/11 and NOT accusing any single group or organization:

The Bergen (NJ) Record: www.fpp.co.uk...

Five men detained as suspected conspirators
Wednesday, September 12, 2001
By PAULO LIMA

About eight hours after terrorists struck Manhattan's tallest skyscrapers, police in Bergen County detained five men who they said were found carrying maps linking them to the blasts...

"There are maps of the city in the car with certain places highlighted," the source said. "It looked like they're hooked in with this. It looked like they knew what was going to happen when they were at Liberty State Park."

CBS.MarketWatch.com:

3 men arrested -- explosives in van
By Allen Wan
Sept. 12, 2001

NEW YORK (CBS.MW) -- Police may have narrowly averted another catastrophe, arresting three men who allegedly were driving a van full of explosives destined for the George Washington Bridge in upper Manhattan-Bronx area of New York, a television station reported Tuesday night.

The WCBS-Channel 2 News report quoted police as saying the men had enough explosives to blow up the bridge, which spans the Hudson River between New Jersey and New York, if they were detonated.

Yediot America: www.gothamgazette.com...

They headed toward the George Washington Bridge, but, after hearing radio reports about traffic jams and police blockades at entrances to Manhattan, they decided to return to the company's offices in Hoboken and spend the night there. On their way, a policeman stopped them, using the description provided by the neighbors. FBI agents were summoned instantly and the five were arrested.

The agents found a few items that raised their suspicion. Yaron, who also has a German nationality, had two passports, and $4,000 in cash were found in the belongings of one of the men...

News broadcasts reported that a truck full of explosives was caught on its way to blow up the George Washington Bridge. Photos of the Urban [Moving Systems] truck accompanied the reports, which said there were five young men in the truck, apparently terrorists, who were taken to an FBI facility.

The New York Times:

5 Young ********, Caught in Net of Suspicion
By ALISON LEIGH COWAN
October 8, 2001

As their lawyer tells it, when the five young men were picked up by FBI agents in midday on Sept. 11, they had a box cutter with them. One man carried $4,000 in cash, another had two passports...

Mr. Gordon, who was initially hired by the family of one of the detainees on Sept. 17, agreed to represent the other four pro bono as a favor to the ******* consulate in New York. ''This is a huge misunderstanding,'' said Yigal Tzarfati, an official with the consulate. The five men in detention, he said, ''have nothing to do with the bombings.''

(Good to know they had nothing to do with the bombings.)

"There was no question but that [the order to close down the investigation] came from the White House. It was immediately assumed at CIA headquarters that this basically was going to be a cover-up so that the ******** would not be implicated in any way in 9/11."

(CIA not lily white!)

ABC News: www.commondreams.org...

The ******* were held in custody for 71 days before being quietly released.

...several of the detainees discussed their experience in America on an ******* talk show after their return home...

"The fact of the matter is we are coming from a country that experiences terror daily. Our purpose was to document the event."

More, but out of space.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Document the event ?

How the hell did those 'five' know about 9-11 in advance unless they planned or were part of the damned plan in the first place ?

innocent my butt ! they should of been water boarded till they spilt the beans and then executed as enemy combatants.

For the love of all thats good why the hell did they get let go ?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
innocent my butt ! they should of been water boarded till they spilt the beans and then executed as enemy combatants.

Yeah, I dare you to do that to Israelis.

Because they are Israeli. Our supposed friends. BTW, MOSSAD deals in false-ops all the time. But, I'll be called anti-semitic for pointing out the obvious. Just watch.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Because they are Israeli. Our supposed friends. BTW, MOSSAD deals in false-ops all the time. But, I'll be called anti-semitic for pointing out the obvious. Just watch.

i doubt being a Jew had anything to do with them being let go. the source said, "it looks like they are hooked to this." let me say it again LOOKED like.

im going on a limb and saying lack of evidence or involvement had a lot to do with it. that’s just my thoughts on it though.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

Israelis ?? with pre knowledge of the attack enough to 'document' it ??

Then they should of been tripely waterboarded and had the full works done on them to find out just wtf they knew and how.

If I was the CIA / NSA / DIA these five would of vanished on a permanent vacation.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
im going on a limb and saying lack of evidence or involvement had a lot to do with it. that’s just my thoughts on it though.

Lack of involvement? They admitted in an interview they were there to document the event. Add this with Odigo foreknowledge and I say they "have some splanin to do" don't ya think? Not the typical stuff we read in the 9/11 commission report eh?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Israelis? Behind 9/11? This is the first I've heard of this. I can't believe that. Jewish people are all nice spiritual and moral people after what happened to them in World War 2. How dare you, Sir!

How dare you question anyone who is Jewish! This is offensive! I'm offended because society tells me to be. For shame, sir!

I'm ashamed that anyone ever questions Israel. They deserve the world after their tragedy at the hands of the Nazis. They deserve America. They deserve to kill women and children. They deserve all of our money. They deserve to get off scott free for commiting serious war crimes.

Where is your political correctness, Sir? Where is your socially acceptable silence?

Where is your patriotism, Sir? If you don't support Israeli terrorism and strong-arming, you are an Un-American, Nazi, Sir. Treasonous.

Why does everyone have to think for themselves and connect the dots?

Things would be so much easier if we unquestionably pledged our allegiance to whatever giant lie they are telling us... because we love our country and our leaders know what's best for the world.

How DARE you form opinions of your own, sir!

just kidding, obviously.

We all know, Mr. Bush!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I know you are joking but to prove one point. I know Jewish people from Iran. Would those who will call me antisemitic for pointing out Israel's attrocities also call Bush antisemitic for pointing out Iran's attrocities? Plus, Arabs consist of approximately 20% of the Israeli population.

JERUSALEM: As Israel toasts its 60th anniversary in the coming weeks, rejoicing in Jewish national rebirth and democratic values, the Arabs who make up 20 percent of its citizens will not be celebrating. Better off and better integrated than ever in their history, freer than the vast majority of other Arabs, Israel's 1.3 million Arab citizens are still far less well off than Israeli Jews and feel increasingly unwanted.

www.iht.com...

[edit on 6/8/2008 by Griff]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I'm confused. After perusing a few 9/11 threads, sentiments like these seem to be everywhere:

Originally posted by Iblis
Also, for all of you blithering on about 9/11 being some evil construction -- Care to point out some evidence? Not a single conspiracy about 9/11 has ever been proven, just, -- 'Look it! I made a connection!'.

Originally posted by jthomas
Thanks for admitting that "9/11 Truth" is nothing more than a belief system that needs no proof. Perhaps you can tell your fellow truthers that no new investigation is needed since, according to you, it's just a belief system, a religion that needs no challenge.

Originally posted by sos37
I've seen the links the OP posted. I've read the theories a dozen times over. To me it's about as clear as those posts saying "Definitive Proof of Aliens!" and they post pictures of a rock. Or a fuzzy blob in the sky. There are thingsa about 9/11 that made me go "hmmm" but nothing that made me cry out "conspiracy!".

Originally posted by beachnut
Not a fact or piece of evidence between them to support one of the doltish ideas and conclusions of 9/11 truth. After wasting time reading what they said, they all produce more hearsay and no facts. 9/11 truth entering the 7th year of pure fantasy and failed ideas due to total lack of evidence and rational conclusions.

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar
It’s been seven years. The time to bring forth real, credible evidence (any!!) is long gone. For goodness sake, this is why theories like “hologram projectors” are talked about with a straight face. That is, the so-called movement has failed so miserably to provide absolutely anything that can be considered proof they are left to create fantasies as to how the buildings were “demolished”.

Exactly what would constitute this illusory "credible evidence" or "proof" that they keep demanding? Mainstream media accounts of five guys who were arrested on 9/11 with "highlighted maps linking them to the blasts," driving vans packed with explosives -- enough to blow up the George Washington Bridge -- who police say "looked like they knew what was going to happen" and who are interrogated by the FBI for 71 days (some are kept in solitary confinement and given up to seven polygraphs), before being "quietly released" and admitting that they were "sent to document the event?"

Seriously, is there any more evidence that could conclusively prove the highest levels of the U.S. government (and the entire U.S. media) is involved in a treasonous global conspiracy of false flag terror, murder and phony wars?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
There are so many debunkers spewing so much disinformation around here that's it's difficult for that "credible evidence" and "proof" they keep asking for to be seen and not get quickly buried.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Is this the first thread that debunkers won't even touch?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Perhaps they are waiting it to die an unnoticed death?

BTW, the OP forgot to mention that they had video cameras, and TAPED THE WHOLE ATTACK: BOTH IMPACTS ON THE WTC!

And to dunwichwitch: Great post, loved the sarcasm!
Sometimes, sarcasm will drive home the point more deeply than mere straightforward exposition.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
There are so many debunkers spewing so much disinformation around here that's it's difficult for that "credible evidence" and "proof" they keep asking for to be seen and not get quickly buried.

I don't know if it is allowed here, but on another forum, when debunkers would yank the thread off-topic, I would merely quote the OP (or other relevant post) and say something like "Here is the OP/Relevant Post to bring us back on topic". You can tell the debunkers/paid shills, because they would, within minutes, try to yank the topic off course again.

I once did this about 50 times (again, on another forum) on a chemtrail thread, where the OP stated the method for scientifically proving they were chemtrails, and not "persistent contrails". (Don't ask, but the short story is it involved dew points/humidity at elevation, wind velocities, temperature at altitude, and a couple of other things I don't remember, but now wish I had written down)

It was hilarious in a way, because here you had this guy saying stuff like "If you will check this government website on wind direction and velocities, and this weather station on humidity/dew points, and then do this calculation created by this university, (etc.)..." and their response would be something like "You are crazy if you think those are chemtrails, they are persistent contrails, here's photos of a persistent contrail...." It must have drove them nuts, because the OP had posted links and everything. The thread was still going strong when the German Government admitted they were spraying chemtrails, and the "debunkers" tried every trick in the book to get around that one! Ah, good times!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I'm not about to 'debunk' it and actually I find it very interesting

I'd like to know what happened to the truckload of explosives as it surely was impounded and extensively checked out during the time the suspects were detained and questioned. They'd want to know what it was, how it was obtained, who obtained it, how, who manufactured it, the intended use etc etc.

There are no obvious signs of such explosives having been detonated on a large scale except maybe the basement parking level explosion coinciding with the impact of AA11 at WTC1.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
I'd like to know what happened to the truckload of explosives as it surely was impounded and extensively checked out during the time the suspects were detained and questioned. They'd want to know what it was, how it was obtained, who obtained it, how, who manufactured it, the intended use etc etc.

All excellent questions.

I'd like to know why we never heard anything more after this?

top topics

join