It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Are you a skeptic, believer, or knower?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
c all the way dude.

3 sightings to date. The phenominal ammount of stars in just our galaxy alone and the fact that my instinct tells me. All add up to me knowing,for a FACT,and i don't care if we,the public have not been shown the solid proof,we probably never will be. But I know,and that's all that matters to me. I don't care a flying monkeys boxing glove what anyone else tells me. I KNOW.

[edit on 12/6/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I believe in some of what i know, yes.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'm a open minded sceptic 'A*'. I have never seen any physical evidence for the existence of ET life, intelligent or otherwise. I joined ATS hoping that my view may be changed, but unfortunately that hasn't happened. I'd love to witness an alien event, I really would, but the likelyhood seems zero. Maybe I don't have the right mindset. That the Universe is teeming with life seems an inescapable probability, but there's no proof. As a scientist, I have to use the scientific method to determine what is true and nothing I have seen in these forums or anywhere else tells me that ET exists. Though NASA get a lot of stick around here, I see them as the only route to the truth we've got. Maybe the Mars Phoenix experiment will tell us? I suppose a corollary is whether you believe in God. How can a scientist believe in God? The fact is most scientists who believe, did so long before they became scientists. In other words it's cultural. I often wonder if the ET phenomenon isn't a similar case. Of course conclusive and irrefutible evidence of ET would eliminate the very foundation of religious faith. Has that happened for members who consider themselves as 'C'?

WG3

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
B, if the U in UFO means Unknown (as in unknown to science and most of us).

The question doesn't make sense for Unidentified Flying Objects: by definition every blurry picture of a moth, balloon or planet shows a Unidentified Flying Object until enough information can be gathered to positively identify the object.

I am a believer because anyone who studied cases seriously knows that there is more than enough evidence, credible multiple eyewitness testimony and physical evidence (radar echoes, traces on the ground), to prove the existence of objects that are neither known natural phenomena nor conventional aircrafts.

By credible multiple witness I mean for example military personnel reporting in official documents (French GEPAN and COMETA documents for example), or professionals who have everything to lose by reporting UFOs (airplane pilots).

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The answer would be C. I am a knower. 2nd hand knower.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
C.I am a believer.
I have seen things in the sky that have scared the sh*t out of me,and i am certain that they were not human technology!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I am a lower case "c" and a capital "A". "B" has no place in this phenomena, IMO. Tends to lead to religiousity of the phenomena and the particular "faith" of those observing. I see no room for believing objects buzzing around our skies are one thing over another. Either it is an identified object or its not or you KNOW what it is or you dont.

If I see a whatzit floating/flying in the sky, I either know/identify (IFO) what it is or I dont know/identify (UFO) what it is. See? I did that without believing in anything at all....

Black and white baby, keep it simple. Everything else is just noise and has a tendancy to distract you from true knowledge. Hey, I would love to know aliens are swimming in our pond and very poorly piloting craft about our skies but I just cant see any proof of this. And with an event with the right criteria, personally, I would leave room for any of my skepticism to simply evaporate, gladly.

Humans are very good at flying things very poorly. Humans are also completely capable of creating some pretty exotic stuff and hiding it for long periods of time.

So until I see an alien doing a Kodak moment for the masses standing next to his shiny GU11 scout craft I will tend to lean towards more mundane and terrestrial explantions for what most people are seeing in the skies, including myself. Unidentified does not automatically equate to non terrestrial in my mind. No where near it.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm C , Having seen several craft that defies any explanation that I can find anywhere for them some of which manured in ways that no human could of survived in my opinion and sped away at speeds unimaginable . With life long experiences of dealing with the classic abduction stuff & seeing the typical Gray beings both in a photo looking at me through a window and other times at night . So yes it took me 40 years to come to terms with it but I'm a firm knower now .

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
my answer is also c there were 5 in a single line in the sky going up

[edit on 12-6-2008 by zeltron]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Definatley a " C"

I had two incidences when I was in the Army ...one in Warminster and one in Norway...it was the speed and angles they moved.. I have also had trusted freinds that have seen things ...so I believe there is something out there...it is intriguing for me who pilots these things...could be the governments who have nicked these craft ....and are practicing...but the question is for me....these things have been around for years of human recorded history...and most have similarities...

Where did the technology come from...

So from personal experience...I believe !! We are not alone" !!lol

And another thing ..the universe is billions of years old...its a bit arrogant to think "..we as a human specie are the only living things in the universe that have advanced!!..

It makes sense from what I know and have seen!!..
Thats my opinion anyway!!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hey there,

I'm 'C' ... I've seen one UFO that I am 98% sure was the real deal (from the way it behaved) ... and several other possibles (but these could have had other explanations).

But the thing that put's me in the 'knower' catergory is an alien contact I had some years back. I don't like referring to it as an abduction because I was not taken against my will or by force (full details in the threads I wrote when I first joined ATS ... see my profile if you want to read them).

Good thread BTW (star & flag from me). Woody

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
C. Knower. 1998 - Tucson, AZ. 7:45pm. Observed a UFO traverse the entirety of the whole night sky (about 20,000 ft. up) from east to west in 3 sec., making high speed maneuvers, circles , and turns. No exhaust trail. No sound. White light.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It's a "C" for me, too. I saw a silver looking, perfectly round ball of some sort in the air about 4 or 5 years ago, near the Calgary International Airport. I noticed it by chance as I was walking down the side of my house. Just happened to look up.

At first, I thought it was pretty near me and not of such a large size. Made no noise, no lights either. Moved pretty slowly. I was thinking maybe a weather balloon or some such thing. It went left for a few seconds, then moved right the same distance. Then stayed perfectly still for about a minute or so. Then it slowly moved straight up and into a cloud it was just under the whole time.

It was only then that I realized it was actually much further away than I first thought. I thought the cloud that it went into was well behind it. Obviously it wasn't. So the object was much bigger than I thought it was, too. I'm not saying it was from space or even guided by intelligence but it would have to be one huge weather balloon, if that's what it was.

Since then, I tend to look up a little more but havn't seen anything else of note.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
C...C...C...

Confession time. (So all of you guys at the NSA that are listening & reading this, put a gold star by my name. And by the way, I helped pave the way for your jobs while I worked in Britain, Germany & Turkey. So maybe an extra star for me...eh? LOL)

So how does a 7 year old understand 5 silver stationary objects that position themselves at the points of a pentagram or star shape, and remain stationary for several minutes in the daytime sky?
I can remember that day as if it was this morning. Summertime, schools out, clear blue sky, hot, even the toy cars I was playing with. That was 1964.

My mom experienced an event at night that occurred twice, on separate nights. She still shudders as she recounts the event. It makes my hair stand on edge just hearing her tell about it.

I have visited 5 continents, 29 countries, served in 2 wars. I feel that I have had a good feel for the world and what occurs in it.

I had a series of experiences while serving in Iraq during Desert Storm. It was so strange that I can't speak to anyone about it.
I have had some eerie feelings at times, like "they" are close, but what can one so about them???

B. There is enough evidence on paper, documents, paintings, stone, & in living memory to fill several libraries of Alexandria. People have the option to either believe, or stay home & watch Dancing with the Stars.

I still watch the sky. I always will. I will always remain C.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
...Of course conclusive and irrefutible evidence of ET would eliminate the very foundation of religious faith. ...

WG3

Only for religions that exclude the possibility of alien life. But I see your point.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
I am firmly between A and B. I believe we are being visited and in alien contact however I am skeptical of MOST of the so-called 'evidence' presented. If you can rule out as much evidence as you can ,what you are left with, if unexplained ,is the some good evidence.

Basically what he said.

I am skeptical of all evidence presented until it has withstood extreme scrutiny. Most of the evidence fails this test. The tiny portion that remains unexplained feeds my 'believer' side.

I've filmed 2 strange objects since i joined ATS and both failed the scrutiny, so i can't really say i've seen a UFO yet, but there is always hope.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

My take on the irrefutable proof of EBE's/ET's is that it should only quantify the presence of God. I am a Christian, & I have no problem with any findings nor proof between our Creator & EBE's. However, I too can understand your thoughts on the matter.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
C.

"And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."- Hamlet

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I am a B- never seen one (I think) but I have seen other very strange things and an alien spacecraft really doesnt seem all that far fetched in comparison.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join