It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Are you a skeptic, believer, or knower?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I would have to say I'm at "C".

I've seen things and beings since i was a kid, from CA to NM...its amazing!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
A-B... with tendencies towards B.

I just need that shred of undeniable evidence, which is probably not gonna show

But my gut feeling and intuition tells me that we have friends in the sky, but that they are somewhat shy still.

I demand a personal sighting! Tonight at 9:30 pm, I demand that a ufo hovers near my building long enough for me to whip out that tripod!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'll opt for C because I've seen a flying object that defied explanation and it still does which, as yet, doesn't add up to aliens - I need more evidence to be certain of them.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Im going with B.

I firmly believe that we are or have been visited by ET's and have back engineered alien technology.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
ABC

As somewhat of a believer of something and someone doing these events, it's hard to draw a conclusion as to who is behind it. I've had what others would call an abductee experiencer, but, unfortunately, it also appears similar to how some events are false memories, delusions, illusions and or alternate realities. Especially, as having been clinically diagnosed as delusional.

It's my suspicion that these people create nearly duplicate sets in some cases and download them into our memories, similar to a dream or memory recall etc.

I'm still skeptical as to their origin and there's not enough hard evidence that we can all look into, such as; what might possibly be in a museum.

It's been said by some that our history books are quite often filled with false and misleading information. I heard this from a college history professor while he was teaching a summer school history prerequisite class.

So, it's back to disinformation?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm a combination of A, B and C. I don't believe everything I read and hear. In fact I've even witnessed sone pramksters trying to stage a UFO even in central London. By coincidence I saw this contrived event.

I'm B as well because its justs staggering the vastness of space and time. Parallel universes are also thoretically possible with String Theory and Quantum Physics. Life must exist because of these things.

I'm also C because I've had direct communication with ETs and have witnessed their craft inside and out. So have other members of my family.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am C. Not only from seeing craft whose behavior was unexplainable by anything "conventional," but also from studying archaeological stuff relating to our collective past (Sumer, Egypt, Native American, Japanese, etc.) and correlating it with stuff like the Terra Papers (which, I conclude, are true as far as they go but they left out SOOO much! See www.abovetopsecret.com... to get a copy of the Papers - original link was not working when I last checked, but many have made sure that the info is available, so check through the thread) and books like Gods of Eden.

I KNOW we are being herded and controlled by beings whose ancestors at least, and probably many themselves, are not native to Earth.

I KNOW lizard-hearts are planning to kill and enslave the bulk of us in the near future.

I KNOW we have little chance of freeing ourselves from them, given that virtually everybody is clinging to the Official version of our past.

But, though often called crazy, I still try to spread my knowledge as far and as wide as I might.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'd have to say I'm in with the (seemingly large) A/B crowd. I believe a small percentage of sightings is something unknown to us.

Old school reports I go with the figure that 90-95% are explainable. On the internet, probably 99-99.9% are known since the hoax potential is increased.

I think the odds favor a terrestrial explanation over an alien one. Most likely an unknown energy/life form with some modern sightings caused by black project aircraft.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
It's my suspicion that these people create nearly duplicate sets in some cases and download them into our memories, similar to a dream or memory recall etc.

Oh, to be sure, "memories" are being implanted. That is part of the tech. I highly recommend that you read the Terra Papers (see above post). Keep in mind that these papers were written BEFORE Star Wars, and that Joseph Campbell, who influenced Lucas greatly in his writing of Star Wars, had discussed the universe with the Hopi.

When I started reading, I nearly put it away as mere SF. But something kept me reading. By the end... I was shaking, with SO much of why the world is the way it is explained. Things like the Codex Alimentarius, the 600+ empty FEMA prison camps that can house at minimum ten times the number we currently imprison (what are we expecting to have happen that requires 20 million, at least, to be imprisoned!?!), 9/11, the "Patriot" Act, mock Martial Law practices, and on and on.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
A B with some C here, never seen any DEFINITE evidence personally but have seen strange activity in the sky that was unexplainable and left me open mouthed with amazement. Every now and again I slip up to A and try to deny myself but I think the evidence is too overwhelming.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I am neither of those things.

If I pretended to know, I would be severely disappointed eventually. No matter what I thought I knew.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I would concider myself a B with C associations (4)

I'm a huge believer, so much so i feel as if im already a knower who is yet to see. I have two family members who have experienced.

my cousin was on interstate 5 in california where he and his band mate saw a ufo shooting the light beam to the ground which never touches the ground

My cousins father was driving in southern california when he witnessed a small pink colored humanoid figure run across the road which had a tail.

ive read to many books on ufo encounters and delved way to far into the matter to dismiss it as fake. give yourself 3 months of constant UFO delving and im sure youll be a B in no time.

[edit on 03/06/2008 by LordThumbs]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Im an unmovable C, several sightings and unexplainable activity on the ground during one of them.

I do admit i go and seek these things out whenever i can, and have also studied all kinds of aircraft movement, there have been many times i have witnessed something, and only after returning to the same place several times and talking with the locals i was mistaken, i never instantly call a sighting as Unidentified, i like to dwell on them, and give a lot of thought to the area, flight paths, military options, weather conditions, previous sightings in the area, family play area's to rule out toys, the possibility of deliberate hoaxing, which was done to me once, i never tell anyone where im going anymore to prevent that.

I do try and record these things, success just once, i wish i could afford to buy good equippment, but murphys law tells me when i do, i wont see a thing.

I tell ya Murphy was an optimist.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I have no problem discussing my contact experience in 'public'. I haven't told many in real life, but there are several threads on ATS where I mention my contact.

Here is a podcast I authored regarding a contact experience. Its about 7 minutes long, and I do ramble, but if you're interested in meditation contactees I recommend listening to it. I also discussed it here among other places. I would have to search around this place to find it, I don't have one thread that my contact experiences are in.

I have been in contact with a green entity while in meditation.

I do not see him (I believe its a him) often at all, but I do remember quite vividly my experience.

Just before I entered meditation, I asked to be shown another version of my Self.

Well, I was surely shown!

The green being stood right above me as if on a higher plane (ten feet or so above my head). I was lying on my bed and saw this dark green skin colored humanoid entity that I had never seen before.

He had large black colored eyes, but did not feel threatening at all. He was looking down at me as if saying, "I am you from another dimension."

It was a quite mind boggling experience and I freaked out to say the least and ended the meditation.

My girlfriend and I watched a pulsing whitish blue light while we were driving on an interstate in upstate New York. It would flash, get very bright, then start to fade away, disappear for a split second, then flash again. This repeated for several minutes. I could not really watch it intently as I was driving, but from what I did see this was not a known government craft. That is not to say it wasn't some black budget military craft. I just could not identify it.

My girlfriend said she saw 3 different lights, while I only saw 1. That was probably due to the fact that I was driving and couldn't pay as much attention. Regardless of what number lights they were, it was rather odd. I had a very strange feeling while looking at them. They did not seem human in origin, but they very well could have been.

I'm not really too worried about them being human or not as I know we are not alone (see above). Whether that means they're flying around in spaceships and visiting Earth physically is another story. Dimensionally is a completely different subject because there is no separation between space and time. Everything is in contact with everything else so the idea of astral projection and transport does not seem so far-fetched. Traveling billions of light years, well, that may be impossible to us, but who's to say another species hasn't figured out how to create worm holes and travel through them?

As there are BILLIONS of galaxies, to think we're alone is ludicrous in my opinion of course. To know we're alone is insane...

But there's always Jerry Springer to take one away from thinking there is something else out in the universe we can't explain.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Started off as a B - a believer in most things UFO related. But a good healthy dose of skepticism from ATS has grounded me in reality. show me the proof matey!

There has got to be something going on with so many people reporting strange sights and experiences - they cant all be nuts or liars - but what exactly is going on remains to be determined.

edit: I cant seem to type today :-P

[edit on 6/9/2008 by 2believeor0]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I fall into category C.

Seeing/Feeling something observing you from less than 20 feet away, in an obvious non-conventional craft, coupled with actually seeing what it was that was observing you through portholes/viewing areas, tends to convince a person that there is far more going on around them then the public/government wish to admit.

This of course, happens after the trauma eases, if it can ever be said to do that

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I would have to say A, although I would change the "UFO" part on the OP's definition to "extraterrestrial spacecraft" or "extraterrestrial life forms".

UFO's are by definition apparent flying objects that cannot be identified by the observer.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Can I be between B and C? I'm a definate believer but also believe I know and also believe my son knows and has known since he was two.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
i am between a c and a b; i have had several unexplainable sightings of craft, not just lights in the sky, but do not have any way to discern if they are black ops or visitors. i would cheerfully walk on board one if they landed in the yard altho that might be stepping into the lion's den, but what a way to find out!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm wondering why there isn't a bigger response to your question - it's a great question.

The concept of belief is an interesting topic in an of itself - it's obviously a different thing for each of us. And I think people are right to be skeptical on this subject - even as believers, even as knowers. I'm very interested in hearing where people stand on ufos and why. And if you are squarely in the skeptics category - an explanation of your position that isn't mocking or condemning - is exactly what's needed - and it's why I like this site

But, on a site with so many voices - an incredible amount of shared knowledge, the different perspectives and opinions, the faith, biases - and seriously great discussions and debates - so much contribution - why are so few people willing to state where they are on this?

I was firmly in the B category most of my life - my dad and my uncle saw a ufo when they were out hunting in upstate New York - they were in their late teens/early 20s. It was way before it all became part of popular culture, and he was fairly obsessed with the subject of ufos his whole life.

He used to take me out at night and we'd look at the stars and see what we could see. So it would be easy to say I was predisposed to believing - then in 2000 I saw something I can't get out of my mind -

I literally think about it every single day. And now I understand what it was like for him - to see something you just can't shake and wonder - WTH?

I don't have the luxury of belief anymore and follow this topic almost religiously - alternating between a kind of spiritual/philosophical/scientific awe and wonder - and actual terror.

Because I don't know what it was - or what it means for us. I can theorize with the best of them - but I haven't got a clue.

which is why I appreciate the skepticism so much. It's necessary - because even after witnessing something I can't dismiss - and after I knew something I didn't know before - what I actually know amounts to almost nothing.

Your imagination takes over and fills in the blanks. Which is not very useful.

We've finally gotten to a point where you can come out in public and say what you need to say - so with all this talk of disclosure - whether it's just an interesting topic for people to chew on - or if it's actually pretty likely - it's a good point in time for a matter of fact accounting of "where are we all on this"?

Because they are becoming more and more obvious - even if you assume that most cases are hoaxes - it's still stepping up

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join