It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did I just see??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hi I've been lurking heer for a while and always have seveal daily visits to ATS, however i only joined today and this is my first actual post.
What prompted me to join today was what i saw in a public park not 15 minutes walk from where i live, in Manchester England.
At roughly 12:30 am i was in the park with a friend and was looking at the sky when i saw a light, similar in colour to that of a star moving across the sky. It moved at a steady pace and had no flashing lights on it, nor did it give off any noise, we observed it for approximately one minute before it was out of sight. I know it was NOT a plane, as it had no flashing lights and it ddint make a noise, and i beleive it was too high aswell.
It wasnt a shooting star as it moved too slow, and coincedentally about 10 minutes later I did see a shooting star, completely different to this object I saw. My friend suggested a comet, but as i understand it comets take days to move across the sky like that, correct me if im wrong.
I did however come up with one possible idea as to what it may have been. Could it have been a satelite??
Any response to this is greatly appreciated, as Im still stunned by what I saw less than 2 hours ago.
Thank you in advace for any response.

Avi

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
you can check out www.heavens-above.com... (heavens-above.com) for time and tracking of satellites. Once you've created an account and plugged in your specific location, you can know when the ISS, iridium flares, and other satellites are going to be within your view.

If I were you, I'd find out when the ISS is crossing overhead, watch it, see if it looks similar to what you saw. The unchanging speed and high elevation seems consistant with a satellite.

happy skyviewing

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
My guess would be a satellite. Using heavens above is a great tip. Just input your area and you can get time specifics for viewings.

join