It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yikes! Slaves, economics, freedom, free dumb, free labor...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The Declaration of Independence states, "all men are created equal" and "that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,". Furthermore, it was written by a group of slave owners. I assume most of us have noticed this discrepancy and blown it off as an unfortunate contradiction which there is nothing to gain by rehashing it over and over again... Well, I believe within this contradiction lies the big secret which (as all secrets do eventually) is beginning (well, much further along than beginning; for the sake of argument) to destroy the construct within which it exists - our society.

The history of the US is often referred to with wistful eyes, in the context of being, "back then... (sniffle) ...when we were a prosperous nation, with a kind heart, and good will for all those around us." The reality is that our prosperity was, is, and (if it continues) always will be the result of slave/free labor. That is where all the fantastic profits come from. In the beginning - african slaves. When that became unmanageable, add in a bunch of poor white people, pretend they're all free and pay them with paper i.o.u .'s. As more material wealth was given up to maintain the docility of the domestic slave population, the profit margins shrank and shrank - so, move over seas and thus the free labor market was revitalized again and ridiculous profits returned. This is basically where we sit today.

An interesting story is that of the "over compensated" domestic free labor pool. Yes, that would be you and me. It is coming to pass that our true nature is revealing itself - we are slaves. We are no longer useful because we demanded too much compensation from the masters, so they had to move to a new free labor pool. Now we're stuck here holding our d__ks, with nothing to do, and a decaying slave society. The masters (with their new free labor) are producing goods - selling them to their fat former slaves (i.e. free laborers) and reclaiming the wealth previously conceded to the slaves to maintain their docility.

So this cycle of moving back and forth between domestic and international free labor pools is established. Sucking one into poverty as the other grows fat, then switching; sucking the fat ones back to poverty and fattening the previously impoverished; maintaining hate, fear, and jealousy between the two labor pools, as well as within them, thus insuring against any slave unification/uprising. Of course, all the while, the masters skim ever more fantastic lifestyles off the top.

This is where the Awakening can jam a wrench into the gears of abuse. We are building an opportunity to realize our common humanity and interdependence. We are about to realize an opportunity to evolve into a species that cooperates for the good of all it's individuals. Where all humans can truly be seen as created equal. Once we see that the quantum physicist is no better and no worse, no more or less valuable, than the garbage collector, or even the guy asking for change on the median; THEN we may depose the masters and all realize our currently unimaginable potential.

Does this make sense? Well, if it does, then this is the American Evolution - no more Revolutions, no more Revolving. Haven't we done it enough times?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the Paulies to get in here

new topics

join