It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NH gay bishop, partner joined in civil union

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

NH gay bishop, partner joined in civil union

news.yahoo.com

Robinson and Andrew decided to enter the union before Robinson's trip to ensure they have legal protections New Hampshire's civil union law gives gay couples. The law bestows all the rights and responsibilities of marriage, which includes inheritance and other rights enjoyed by married couples.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Doesn't Jesus hate gays???

I thought the bible says they are satan's children. How can this guy be a bishop in the episcopal church. What would Jesus do??

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
No kidding, and that is exactly the reason I left the episcopal church.

Honestly I think you will start seeing a lot more of this kind of thing going on in lots of different churches. It is the watering down of doctrine, so that a future merger can take place between the catholic, and various other protestant churches. At the same time you see the pope meeting with various leaders of religions other than "Christianity".(I put it in quotes because I'm sure Jesus would be real proud of the church these days:lol
I think we are starting to see a "One World Religion" taking form.

I refuse to give any church money that has ties to any kind of national org. Your best bet is to find a church that helps your community, and stays out of politics.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

because now a days you can get sued for not giving some one a job because they are gay. also NH has never been known for their "bright ideas". i know i wouldnt go to that church because it is aginst gods will. im no gay basher before you guys start thinking i am. to each his own, i just dont care to know about it.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
the Church of Africa (episcopal african authority) is spitting mad at this, and it really does threaten the entire episcopal church.

Even here in the UK the Anglican mood towards the American episcopal church is one of horror. It really is looking like causing a split that will be irrepairable.

As a Christian i don't agree with it, and would not allow that bishop to give me communion let alone preach to me about right and wrong, as he is forcing this issue along with other gay americans causing deep resentment and anger.

Guess time will tell how it goes really.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

well put. if people want to do those things they should have gay churches. i dont even know why they want to do it. the bible clearly says its wrong.

the only reason i can think of is they want the attition and to be on the news. people have done stranger things.

top topics

join