It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"YOU" are Guilty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The world wants to catagorize each of us. There are many labels. Below is small list of some.
Mania
Depressed
Psychophrenic
Bi-Polar
Obsessive Compulsive
Paranoid
etc...

Black
White
Red
Yellow
Brown
etc...

Rich
Poor
Middle Class
Street People
The Elite
etc...

Christian
Jew
East Indian
Cults
etc...

Political
Religous
Material
Spiritual
Mental
Criminal
etc...

There is a point to this. The point being that we are being controled by our labels. And the people that give us those labels are the ones fighting for control. The power over us as people, as individuals. Are you your label, or labels?

The need for control is out of hand. Control is the conspiracy of the world. People conspire to rule us. It doesn't matter what role we are in, we are booked into acting out our part in the play. But at some point we hopefully gain awareness of this. At that point we can change our roles,
but only to the degree we allow ourselves.I've looked at my roles, that I have chose to live out. I decided to change what I was and will
continue to. The conspiracy of power over me or you is only as strong as we let it be. Which brings me closer to the point of all this. Everything is relative to lifes conspiracy.

As people get up in the morning they follow all the rules to live out the day. Why do we follow all these rules? Because they have been set down for us as the safest way to live, for ourselves and others. We agree to the rules because if we don't there is usually a negative reaction somewhere, or in someway, by someone.

We are currently looking at some major disasters in this world of ours. You name it, from gas prices to war, from child abuse to food prices, from mental disorders to homelessness. There are a million different apparently negative situations. Who has control?? Who is doing anything about it? We say we are, but what is different really?? Can you afford to fill up your car with gas?? If you can you are one of the few, but if you aren't able to, why is that? Is it the price of the gas, yes? Well then if so many people have this problem why is it not changing? It's not changing because the people in control don't want it changed. And as long as they have control, we don't, they have the power.

Now think about this for a moment. What do you really have control of in your life? What is free in this free world. You would think once you pay for something it's yours, right? You pay for your house, but it is never yours, because if you don't pay taxes... it's gone. You pay for your car, but if you don't pay your taxes (etc....) it's gone. You bought your clothes, but you pay to wash them. This goes down to the smallest thing. We are unable to even take a crap unless we pay for our water bill. I own my art, till the Orphan bill gets passed.

Well you say, I have freedom of thought. No there is a BIG conspiracy there. Other than being "Dumbed Down" we have the communities and government convincing us that we have mental issues and need to be medicated, addictions to people, places and things. We have spiritual problems and need religious guidence. We do have the freedom to love. But do we??? Only within the limitations of the world we live in.

What do we have then? There is nothing in life that doesn't have a price behind it. And as long as there is a price behind it someone else is in control. And as long as there are people who want control then there will be a conspiracy of some sort going on. Were is our free will, did we really ever have it?? What happend to the Golden Rule? What happend to this world of ours and how long are we going to continue living this way? What are you going to do to get your control back into your life, or have you given up and setteled for mere existance till its all over? Death is not free cause it cost us our lives, and even if that didn't matter well it would cost those left behind. I've had to pay for a funeral, I know.

When are we going to be able to just live?

Well I am guilty and so are you. Guilty of not changing us or anything in our world. The world is the way it is because of us and as long as nothing changes, well then nothing changes. If it's getting worse it's because we are getting worse. There is no doubt about that.

And whatever we do, don't speak up for ourselves because thats being a non-conformist. And we all know that non-conformity is against the rules, right? I mean, who do we think we are? What gives us the right to think we have rights? What gives us the right to think we have the right to think these things?? (Did you get that one?) If we don't conform then those around us lose control, and for them that would be bad, at least that's what they tell us.

Does everyone know how to live our lives better that us? I mean they are telling us what to do. And if you are wondering who "they" are, "they are the ones that label us. We are more than the words attached to us.

Pick a path, but change the way you walk it.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Text PurpleDoes this "control" you mention include SELF-CONTROL, which is paramount to how or when or if the need arises for us to be controlled by others? Self-control is presumed by all of us in regards to each other. When one cannot control one's self, an external control is used. Power is not given, it is SURRENDERED. I hope I haven't gone over your head intellectually. Someone tested me and I was told I was a genius. I agree totally, but was that label given to me by someone outside of my experience as some way to, even obliquely, control me?
Tell someone to increase your TRILAFON. Paranoia: the one-person party.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
sounds good. they always get us to pick sides. united we stand divided we fall sums it up pretty nice. that actually applies to the world, i'm not sure how many realize that, though. as soon as they can get you to pick a side, they can get you to do their bidding. it doesn't matter if you're for a side or against a side, as long as your bias will be exploited.

if you're going to get control of yourself, you have to realize the ways they control you. you're also going to have to be willing to suffer, because going against the game is going to take sacrifice. that false sense of security goes away, the pride and the lies that once filled you up will have to be rejected, and that will leave many empty because that is all they have.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I peronally believe that one person can't change the world, unless the words spoken by said person changes them into action. Speaking something and actually doing is a completely different ball field. One of the only ways anyone is going to get any attention on change, is by becoming a martry, and hoping the masses takes the hint and follows. Or course, people are simple, and much too afraid to take a hint. That being said, I seriously doubt there would be any followers.

In a scenario that a Revolution took place, and the ones in conrtol were "surrendered" power, that would only leave the new dominants to be in control. If that's not the case, we're talking about Anarchy. And judging by what happened in New Orleans, I don't think OUR nation would quite fit the "role".

I think i'll stick to what I believe and do. Am I content with what has been played to me?? No, being content to such a thing would be a submisive act. But do I really have a choice if i'm being "controlled" by the puppeteers? Hell, I don't know.

So as I said.. I will continue to live in the fantasy of a half ***ed perfect nation, with discontent, and open eyes. I guess i'll just wait for an opportune moment, and decide wether or not if i'll make a move. That's usually how it works.

Nice post BTW.. It was a good read..

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Everyone in this world is too chicken to rebel these days too. We have really become wussified. And I am no innocent on this myself, I am too afraid that my children will starve and suffer if I rebel.

But seriously, the groups that are labeled rebelious in our society are nothing but conforming non-comformists in my opinion. The groups that are violently rebelling such as the multiple terrorist groups to me are all in it for themselves and not in the greater good for everyone.

These gas prices are ridiculous. These prices are high more because oil companies are greedier than ever than because of oil shortages and we just sit here and accept it. My fiance said we should revolt, we should refuse to go to work or ANYWHERE so that we don't buy gas at all. And that is a great idea...but no one will do it.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Can you imagine, if we really did something, something totally unexpected. Like no one went to work for a week, or even a day. I mean nobody, not even one person. If the whole planet did this what do you think would happen.

I honestly believe the USA is not far away from a revolution. But it will take some guts to stare down the powers that be.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
One day it will happen but it wont happen by choice. People will truly not be able to afford to put gas in their car and go to work.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I know sometimes a mass pf people don't buy gas, but that about it. Not going to work? If everyone didn't go to work, our government would show us it's "Dark" side. Although that seems to be all we see. They would play it out in a statement, and then eventually take action, in some shape or form. OUR government, wouldn't just let us choose.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
But if EVERYONE didn't go to work including bank workers and many government employees as well (remember, many government workers are hourly employees like the rest of us) then there isn't much they could do. Let them try and sieze millions of homes w/out their hourly manpower to help them out!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well, in the scenario that a mass of people didn't go to work, the same mass of people would most likely be the ones looting and creating havoc. You see a group of people doing one thing, then others will follow, so as long as they benefit in some way.

A state of emergency would probably take effect, and all the "non-lethal" weapons would serve their purpose.

What do you think would happen after that?

A small scale revolution by unprepared rebelious desk jockies?
I doubt it.
I seriously doubt anyone would want to take the risk, and jepordize what they've worked so hard to make for themselves.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Desk jockeys...exactly. That's why it would never work. Our society has become so wussified and no one has the cojones to pull these things off anymore.

new topics

top topics

join