It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spoons and Communists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
When the fascists of Franco and Mussolini came to power, their regimes persecuted many factions within society. The communists too did the same and outlawed many groups, both ideologies formatted people into one group.

This leads us romanticaly and elegantly to spoons. Yes, I did just type the word spoons. I was traumatised to witness a spread of the assimilation of spoons in which all the spoons in the store was one size.

Ce que l'enfer s'est-il passé?

I asked the store manager for more variety, but he informed me "we only stock one size". Shocked at his answer, I stupidly asked why and was told it was "the policy around here". Well, sorry Mr.Stalin but the peasant demands more (which wasn't the wisest thing to say to him). My thoughts made a unique link to his "one size policy" to the "One China" policy, so I tried to locate a picture of Chairman Mao. No Luck. But I believed the store was operated by Communists.

Anyways, I gave in to Maoist propaganda and purchased some spoons - "Made in China" confirmed the Communism for me - to replace their dying bourgeoisie spoon friends with the new proletariat spoons. And this is what made me mad... :bnghd::bnghd:
swear

Medium sized spoons are difficult to use when stirring tea. This is why Communism does not work and why Communism was never popular in England. We - I mean "I" - would like the old fashion different sizes of spoons, not the one size. If I was able to buy the right size than my experience of making tea would be less tortuous and more English.

swear

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Infinite you are indeed a scholar and excellent writer. I always enjoy your posts.

Your illustration between spoons and communism was exemplary.

Communism only benefits it's leaders. You can be sure they have the proper assortment of spoons.

It pains me to think of my morning tea with a soup spoon or having soup with a teaspoon.

We who have choices are fortunate.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Thank you for your kind words, very gracious to hear some praise. I tend to get accused of elitism, partisan and bias by some members.

But, beware of those Communist spoons!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This is all because the form of communism that is practiced in the world is actually more like a dictatorship than real idealistic communism.

If it were real communism the store would have the equal same number of each sized spoon offered in the store.

top topics

join