It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just filmed some strange lights!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
little background before I begin.

This was filmed from my kitchen roof,I sometimes sit out there and have a spliff,as my house is no smoking. It was filmed in a bit of sky where planes usually come in to land. I see these planes everytime I go out in the garden,or sit out on the roof. These were not planes,they move to the left and as they get closer,they get bigger and you can see the flashing lights. These were 2 stationary lights,quite low by the looks of things. The one on the right went from being a bright white light,to a dull orange,and then moves off to the right and out of view. The other one stays there,and then also goes orange and moves a little before if dissapears.

uploading to youtube now.

there will be swearing in this,cos I couldn't get the zoom to work,and I didn't want to look at the back of the camera,cos I might have missed something.

*deeps breath* here goes. fire at will

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm sorry about this,but this is taking ages to load up to youtube.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Looking forward to it...

Where was it filmed in our green and pleasant land?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
bah,it wouldn't upload,page crashed. I think my pc was in need of a small rest. So I restarted it,and I'm trying again.

It was filmed in the picturesque settings of hertfordshire.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
And finally,here it is.

interesting to hear what they might be.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
nobody with any clue to what these may have been then? I'd like to rule out the obvious ones.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sorry to bump my own thread 2 weeks after,but I just wanted to wrap it up with a daylight picture from where I was,and the file straight from the camera.
img92.imageshack.us...

that little treeline in the middle is where I saw the lights. Too high up to be streetlights,and too low down to be planes.

original file
www....(nolink)/?sfsorhgmnyr

sory it took so long. I'm a lazy stoner *holds hands up*#

edit to change picture to a link cos it vimtoed.

[edit on 30/6/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
are you talking about them white lights in the back ground on that hill?

if so take a video during the day post it up for me......so i know it aint a am/fm antenna. they put light on top so airplanes see them.

my best guess is radio antenna's we got them all over here on hill's

look's very very similar.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

I'll do the video now,and I'll do a night time one aswell. I'll try and time it with a plane being in the sky at the same time.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
i cant see a thing, you might want to look into an HD digital camcorder.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
LMAO! Love the commentary, man. Loooong hit, hold it, exhale, repeat.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CommanderSinclair

might want to look into stop spending my money on music and partying first
Then I could maybe afford one. (it's just too much fun dammit!)

I think I've slightly borked my camera by taking it out without disconnecting properly. Gonna give the battery a blast then sort this video. We appologise for this break in service.

[edit on 30/6/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

lol priorities.

not bad for a shot with no working zoom did you give the camera what for later on?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

no but I'm going to in a minute. Bloody things totally borked,well not totally. It'ss still let me take videos,but I can't see anything on the view finder.
stupid thing.

Anyway,here's the straight from the camera daytime video.
www....(nolink)/?mcn2nnb35mo

and on youtube for those too lazy to download that.

You can't have a night time one,cos I've left it too late,and the one I took was just no help. I'll do one at dusk tomorow,then you'll still be able to see where the houses are in comparison with the street lights and such.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I can duplicate those lights by looking at the incoming planes on long-approach to my area. Usually when they are 50+ miles out, they get blinky just like that with a rather intense light that cycles between various colors. After 5-minutes or so, they get closer and as they do, the light dims and you get the plane with the navigation light and the red/green wing lights visible. I think it has to do with long-distance light defraction in the atmosphere. Every night that it's clear due-west of me, I see the same thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bonaire

but they didn't come into the airport,one faded and moved to the right,and other faded,went up slightly and dissapeared. No blinking lights were seen. Strange lights were also seen by someone else. Cos when i went into my local on the monday lunch time,I mentioned it to the landlord,and he said that one of his mates cme in and said he'd seen some weird lights over Luton Hoo hotel.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

lovely view.

go on and get that dusk shot then.

want to see what the comparison is.. who knows maybe you catch something again.

It could happen!

new topics

top topics

join