It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Southhampton 01.06.2008

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I can understand the R/C angle here, it would explain a mountain of things. What it doesn't explain is the fact that the object can be seen PASSING THROUGH CLOUDS. An RC model would struggle at that height i am sure.

The helicopter platform could work but surely this thing would need some lights on it, radio controlled or not due to some sort of flight regs?? This craft simply doesn't, and it's incredibly strange..

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I got an interesting reply from the RC forum.

"Thats no off the shelf RC heli or plane. There are toy UFO things on the market but nothing that would be that stable at that altitude. The slow rotation makes me think its unlikely to be a bespoke large electric heli but it is just possible.

Where was it exactly?

RC aircraft can be flown further than the eye can see so thats not something that helps you rule it out.

I've never seen any of the local fliers have anything like that but it could be built if one put their mind to it and one thing this hobby has taught me is to make no assumptions".

This got me wondering about the RC heli self-build thing. Whats the chances of sticking a black triangular piece of material (card/wood/plastic) under a RC heli, all you'd see is a triangle and it could spin all it wants without you ever seeing the heli itself.

Just a thought anyway.

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I'm sorry I missed this earlier. I was looking at other vids.

I'm judging by the prior frames which appear to show the triangle descending and my best opinion in relation to the light pole and the bridge.

I could be wrong.
I owned a few RCs myself and this one looks like a homebuilt styrofoam diddy that was popular a couple of years ago.

Sorry I didn't get back sooner.

There is a whole webring dedicated to RC's. It may take some time here.

Check this out -

Link

Another one

Notice he has several versions of the flying triangle/wing thing.

[edit on 6/10/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

This got me wondering about the RC heli self-build thing. Whats the chances of sticking a black triangular piece of material (card/wood/plastic) under a RC heli, all you'd see is a triangle and it could spin all it wants without you ever seeing the heli itself.

I would not claim to an aerodynamacist but if the material was bigger than the heli's downdraught than I am sure this would cause far to many problems for flight.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by October

These are very good remarks, I agree completely. This triangle is very strange.

If my estimate of 400 m altitude is correct, and I think it is, it would be easy to get the size of the triangle if we knew the model and make of the phone. A wild guess: assuming cellphone cameras optics are about as good by now as my antique 2 Mpix Konica camera, with horizontal FOV=18° at 3X zoom, this translates to a size of approx. 4 m for the UFO. Actually I get 5 m but as the UFO is not passing exactly above the car, the distance must be longer than the altitude.

I hope Dave will be able to get some information on the cellphone make and model.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Very interesting vid. I was watching quite closely for approx. a dozen times to get a profile that would allow one to see some details, and I found one area as a possible vantage point of this.
At 17:30, the object tends to Vere off in an "Away From" travel of the camera, if you look at it with zoom, you can See control surfaces and what seems to be some kind of induction vents at the sides and the front point.
I have searched for possible other military Stealth aircraft, but it was fruitless.
I suppose that this particular video caught my personal attention for the fact that UI have had a sighting just a few night's ago. I didn't have a camera, but I did report to NUFORC and still awaiting a reply to see if anyone else that was West or East of my location had seen it too.
I did create a rendition of the object, and other than this particular aircraft being black, it was pretty much what I had seen that night.
I was watching some clouds right before sunset on the 8th of June at approx. 21:30hr's, the clouds in question were a very eerie burning orange color and there were 4 of them , pretty much stable in the sky, but blazing orange, as if they were on fire.
As I watched them , an object appeared from the West at a high rate of speed, it banked slightly to reveal it's upper/top part and then slightly banked the other way either through or between the aforementioned clouds and shot off in a South Easterly direction until it disappeared from my sight.
There were other storm clouds moving Easterly, for we have had some torrential rains and bad weather here lately, but they were way past the burning clouds that I was looking at.
Though this particular sighting only lasted approx 5-10 secs, I caught a very good view of the profile and the surface areas of this craft as it made it's way S.E.
I don't have any verifiable proof of this event, but as soon as the event was finished, I went to the computer and created a rendition from what I had seen on the 'Paint' program.
Personal experiences aren't really any proof, I know, but it's similarity to the size and the shape of this aircraft was extremely close to what I had seen that night.
For the craft in my sighting being a radiant glowing orangish-white, to me it looked as if it were a craft experiencing a re-entry heat effect/heat radiant haze around it, and did slowly loose it's radiance as it disappeared, but only slightly. I also could see a kind of propulsion system at the rear.
Here's my rendition. Just thought I should I explain my encounter before posting:

I also contacted some local news stations and the local airport control tower to see if they had anything unusual on the night of my incident, they had nothing at either source, that was when I was informed to contact the National UFO research facility, which I have done.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
Very interesting vid. I was watching quite closely for approx. a dozen times to get a profile that would allow one to see some details, and I found one area as a possible vantage point of this.
At 17:30, the object tends to Vere off in an "Away From" travel of the camera, if you look at it with zoom, you can See control surfaces and what seems to be some kind of induction vents at the sides and the front point.

Hi Allred, are you sure you are watching and talking about the same video?

I ask because the video is less than a minute long, and at no point can you see it vere off anywhere apart from movement caused by the shaky hand of the person with the cam.

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
If this UFO was captured on vide,o at the same time from another vantage point , then a tiangulation of the craft would determine its speed, size and direction of flight. Fingers crossed that somebody else might come forward to provide another video of this event.

I've seen hangliders, from some distance, fly off the mountains surrounding Rio. They did do manouevres simiar to those on the footage in that they turn on a vortex to follow air currents. What makes me think that this is NOT a hanglider or microlight is that you can't see anybody suspended underneath the triangle.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Sorry about that guy's, don't know why I put that in, the actual time of the vid is at 17secs to 20secs, this is when the craft seem's to point away from the camera on a turn.

Was probably thinking of my sighting 21:30 when I was trying to say 17-20 secs into the OP's vid.

Thanks CX!!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
we'll be hearing more and more about sightings
as that is the plan:
these govt projects and flight experiments are tools to get us all worked up
when the NWO wants to blow their load to make us all scared,
you'll really know it -
a scripted alien invasion is in the cards
stay tuned

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

No problems.

I see what you mean now. There does appear to be a "veering off" action does'nt there?

That happens just prior and as they go under the bridge at 0:21 on the video. Take a look at the aeriel map i provided earlier in the post and you'll see that that part of the road is straight, so i don't believe the veering off is caused by the road bend at that point.

Interesting point.

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

That was a very intelligent thing to do, guess that the vid operator doesn't have the wrist for controlled filming..lol
But, at the same time, there does seem to be an on-slot of "Black Triangular" aircraft sightings.
On the OP's vid., I can clearly see what seems to be induction vents, both sides and nose, and what seems to be a propulsion area at the rear.
I live in South Dakota, USA and there have been reported sightings of such craft as what is depicted in the video earlier this year.

Occurred : 3/24/2008 22:15 (Entered as : 03/24/08 22:15)
Reported: 3/24/2008 10:22:41 PM 22:22
Posted: 3/31/2008
Shape: Triangle
Duration:30 sec to 1 min
Large triangular delta wing looking 10 to 15 lights not bright dull and dim it moved very fast.
I need to tell you about what I just seen at 10:15pm central time March 24 2008. I live in Sioux Falls SD and had just gotten home. I do not smoke in the house so i go out on the deck in the back yard to smoke. at night I'm always looking at the southern sky and looking at the stars when the weather permits.
At first I thought this thing was a cloud when I seen it out of the corner of my eye. But when I looked strait at it my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. Then I thought it might of been a plane with no landing lights on coming in to the airport.
Then my eyes focused on it more and I thought it looked like a hang glider or a stealth bomber but this thing had a lot of dim blue/grey glowing lights on it at least 10 maybe 15.
This thing came in from the south east and swung in and up to the north it did not get right over head looking up I'd say it got to an 75 to 80 degree angle off the horizon.
I cant tell the distant but it looked fairly high up. If you hold a ruler out at arms length it was 3 1/2 to 4 inches wide from what looked like wing tip to tip it looked big!
From the time I first seen it to the time it faded away in the northern sky only took 30 sec to 1 min. IT WAS AMAZING!
I am going to work on some drawings of what it looked like and the path it took,
Oh yeah it did not move like you would think some thing shaped like a stealth bomber would it looked like it was kind of side ways.

www.nuforc.org...

I don't care what certain people think of the fact of aliens and the like, I know they are real and very much a part of our civilization since the beginning of time.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
cx, this point doesn't really help much but, just to put your map insert into perspective of viewing it from above, you have to rotate it by 90 deg clockwise making the (current) top of the picture the east direction. But your overlaid points are spot on.

CX

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by EngTR
cx, this point doesn't really help much but, just to put your map insert into perspective of viewing it from above, you have to rotate it by 90 deg clockwise making the (current) top of the picture the east direction. But your overlaid points are spot on.

Cheers for that

I've just posted that way so that people here can see the road the same way as it's being negotiated by the car in the video.

Just had a call back from the lady at Southampton Airport, she said she had been through all tracking logs from that day and they definately did not have any aircraft in that area at that time.

She was of course only referring to planes and helis, which we pretty much gathered this object was not, but at least it eliminates a couple of things.

CX.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

This is an ariel view of the dual carraigeway (yellow roads) titled "Milbrook Road West at the bottom of the image there. For orientation purposes, as you follow the road up the page, the docks are on your right, city centre is further along the yellow road.

If i can talk you through the image and match it with the video, it will show you why i believe this is the area in the vid.....possibly.

At the bottom of the image is the the red circle numbered 1, as you can see there is a pedestrian walkway/bridge which i believe to be that at 0:21 on the vid.

As you go along the road, on the left is the next red circle numbered 2. This is the turnoff for Freemantle, the signpost for which you can see is shown at 0:29 on the vid.

Then lastly, the third red circle numberd 3 is Freemantle church, just a couple of hundred yards from that turnoff. This i believe is the church at 0:36 on the vid.

The spire shape seems to match too, the Freemantle "Christ Church" is the one i'm thinking of below....

The sequence of these landmarks on the map, compared to the video, certainly seem to match, but as i've said before this is just a best guess nd would dearly love the guy to come forwar to put me out of my misery with the location.

Also, the concrete road sidings/crash barriers are exactly the same on the vid at 0:35 as you can see all ong that road if you zoom right in on Google Earth.

CX.

Good work m8, you've got it spot on
. When I drove over the flyover today, thats the view that you get of the church spire. It was in Shirley. I live two miles away in totton, and managed to miss it!

Seems that three separate people video'd it, and none of them have a clue what it is. One of them left a comment saying that it 'vanished' Thats the key to finding out what it was, what happened to it eventually, people should know as it looks like many people saw it. Heres the three individual videos of it:

The guy who filmed the middle video says in the video comment: "We were discussing the possiblity that it could be a baloon or something, but it was too high, too slow and too weird a shape to be one we reckon. It seemed to just completely vanish about 10 minutes later...."

Completely vanished? Now that would be weird. Does he mean it just drifted out of view? or it literally vanished?

I would like to know if it vanished travelling upwards, or sideways across more land, where other people should have seen it.

We can rule out air baloons as Shirley is close to southampton airport, and that area I know is restricted, apart from when special permission for a big event is granted, and even then they wont go higher than 300-400m up. Southampon Airport recently stopped a baloon project happening, I have a colleague that works there, and he says that they're really strict about letting things up over southampton area. They just dont let it happen.

www.thisishampshire.net...

Balloon plans grounded

HIGH-flying proposals to launch a tethered passenger-carrying helium balloon over Southampton city centre could be scrapped in a row with airport bosses.[...]

But the company behind the balloon, dubbed the Southampton Eye, has revealed it has been locked in a dispute with Southampton Airport owners BAA over the height it can fly.

If anyone can find the weather report that day, and what the rough height of the clouds over southampton were, you could find the relative speed that it moves compared to the clouds as the camera moves about. From this you could work out the height and size of it with a few simple calculations. That would be a good idea.

I should also point out that theres a high security American military base literally five miles away from this just over the channel. Co-incidence? probably. I've always wondered what was going on in those huge hangars. Maybe now we know.

Maybe they were testing a new type of military propulsion device. Who knows. Cant think of any other explanation.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by ZeuZZ]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hi there Zeuzz,

I actually tried the Met office Aviation site to see what the cloud cover was on the 1st of June but couldn't find the data.

It looks like the original video is different to the others you posted. It just seems more solid and outlined with more definition compared to the other two, not to say they aren't compelling in themselves. The other two seem to change shape as if they were shifting in the wind and they don't seem as high as the original "What the **** is that!" video. What do you reckon?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

What I have not seen is dates for videos 2 and 3, do you have them ?

I would say that these two are probably the same object but on looks alone I am having trouble making an exact match with the object in the first video, it could be just a matter of perspective perhaps.

To be definitive though I would personally like to see the dates of the other videos.

edit to say snap to october

[edit on 11-6-2008 by sherpa]

CX

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hi ZeuZZ, cheers for that.

Just a quick note, the first video, the one being discussed in this post was apparently taken at 14:30 on 01/06/08.

The other two have to be different objects, as the second vid was added to YouTube on 20/06/08, a few days before the triangle sighting, and the third video you have there with the music was in the Daily Echo on 15/06/08.

Sorry, i mean they could be the same object but the sightings were not taken at even a roughly similar time.

That third video looks very much a different shpe than the trinagle in the first does'nt it? Someone posted about this earlier in the the thread and raised the possibility of a tetrahedran balloon.

Nice to see someone else local confirming the area.

CX.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Thanks CX your sharper than a razor.

I guess that answers my concerns good work.

edit to add, hang on a minute you might want have a look at what you have posted there CX

[edit on 11-6-2008 by sherpa]

CX

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Heres the link to the third video story in the newspaper....as you can see further down the page in blue writing, the date of the story is 15th May.

Mysterious object seen flying over Southampton

I got the date of the second video from the posting date on YouTube.

CX.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join