It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Southhampton 01.06.2008

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
That is an amazing bit of footage there. I would love to get hold of the original footage for a closer look, i wonder if there is a way we can do that?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Good spot AiO, could it be a smudge/spot on either the lens or the windshield, blurred from the zoom?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I also sent a message to the poster on youtube to see if he can upload it to megavideo or something. gave him my email address as well. Where are you Internos? this is incredible stuff.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
wow this one is very very intresting shame thay couldnt pull over and film it some more,

its not a kite it does not turn like a kite it holds its angle there fore it has some sort of power output and its holding dead in the sky/air

its a perfect black triangle no lights on it that i can see neither could be top secret military i guess

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
Looks like a Ford Ka to me
But seriously it could be anything, a kite, Balloon, hand glider, remote controlled helicopter/plane. Could be something stuck on the other side of his sunroof. The video footage is terrible, It's difficult to make any sort of a conclusion with such poor evidence on display.

I think it's something conventional. Possibly a Moth?

[edit on 8uSunday08/27/08 by paul76]

BLATES ATS DEBUNKER!!!!! ^^^^^ IM ALLOWED TO HAVE MY OPIONS TOO YOU KNOW

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: Civility and Decorum are Required

[edit on 23-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hi all

Been asked to comment on the latest object filmed over Southampton on YouTub. Firstly may I state that I do not trust any footage posted
on YouTub and would never state that anything posted on YouTub is a UFO. Footage taken over Southampton in the past months can be seen just by looking at the footage posted was just Chinese Lanterns and no more. But we cannot say this about the 1st June footage. The sighting to my knowledge has not been reported to any UFO groups in Southampton (In fact there are no other UFO groups in Southampton or the surrounding area and the Southampton UFO Group closed its doors in January 2008) or the local press and media services. Although SUFOG closed, my details are available on the internet, through the local libraries but I have not received any calls which starts to make me somewhat suspicious when items are posted on the Internet but not reported elsewhere to professional bodies such as Police, Airports etc etc.

The footage 'Looks' good but why oh why do people have a camera in their cars just at the right moment when an alledged UFO suddenly appears, LUCK? As we have no written witness reports on the sighting, then we can only make assumptions. Yes, the object was filmed over the Millbrook fly-over coming into Southampton. Yes, the object appeared to be spinning but that could be just an optical illusion due to the camera movement and the car movement as stated elsewhere. The object has no external structure or any lights turned on on the craft. When the car drives under the footbridge, the object appears to be blocked out by the footbridge. The so called 'circles' that have been pointed out could just be the pixels on the camera as we assume it was a digital camcorder (What type etc would be nice to know) as this will occure when enlargeing digital images and is therefore just an illusion.

So what can we draw from this footage :

1. It is a triangular shaped OBJECT.
2. It could be a Hoax created on a computer (Clever things the new generation of computers and software!)
3. No written witness accounts.
4. Footage just 'Posted' on a website without anything to validate it.
5. No structure (not even any lights) on the object.
6. Not reported to the Local Press, UFO group, Police, Airport, Airtraffic control at Swanick just to name a few locations!!!! THis starts one thinking why?
7. No other reports of the object by independent witnesses, yet it was seen over a very buisy road into Southampton and also would have appeared over a very highly populated area of the city, yet no one else reported it... Hmmmm how strange.

Sorry folks, but as it stands, there is little credence to call this a UFO in the sence of space craft etc. Yes, an Unidentified Flying Object, but my GUT FEELING - IT IS EITHER TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE OR SOMETHING FROM DOWN HERE - NOT UP THERE.

Steve Gerrard
Founder & Former Chairman of the Southampton UFO Group.
Editor of UFOUK News Magazine.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Hi, my name is Dave, and I'm the one who placed that video on youtube, and if you would take a closer look you would see that object again in the end of the clip when Dren has opened his window and tried to take some more shoots u can see that object for about 2 sec in that scene so that means it's definetly not a moth.

I will be more than happy to send you original file copy its slightly better, and sorry for the quality but still not bad for mobile phone

PS I'm not gonna delete that object from that mobile, so no worries U can always come and see by yourself.

I'll post details on saturday, couse I'm extremlly busy.
Sorry for my English

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Interesting observation ALLis0NE I had not noticed that.

I would be cautious though trying to be definitive with the youtube version for the usual reasons, an uncompressed version may yield better results.

The cirrostratus cloud angle is interesting too, but 20,000 ft, with nabalator'r quick and dirty formulae, would make the object about 173 ft across, although I will admit my math is usually a little shaky.

Props for looking deeper though.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Please correct me if i'm wrong there.

No I don't think so, if the road bends to the right then it would have to introduce an element of rotation whether that accounts for all of it is still hard to judge.

I feel that there is little to no movement regarding distance traveled by the object though.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by sherpa]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Hi Dave

I thank you for the video, it is most interesting. Usually youtube videos are hoaxes or very blurry and there is nothing to see or talk about, your video is excellent and that is why I took the liberty of posting it here. I suggest you send the original to any member here, we have some expert film and image analysts and they will be more than happy to look at the video, and perhaps you could join us here at ATS too.

All the best

Camilo1

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
About the ring in the clouds, I saw it too but assumed it was a smudge on the windshield, maybe where the GPS was stuck. It certainly doesn't stay at the same place in the clouds.

About my earlier estimation of altitude and size, after reading the comments from ATSers who know the area, if the speed is lower, only 50 km/h instead of 72 km/h, and the zoom level higher, the UFO is proportionally lower and smaller. Could it be a small RC plane?

www.mugi.co.uk...

It reminds me of the recent ATS thread about the Greenville SC UFO that may have been a similar RC plane.

I don't know how well a perfect equiteral triangle can fly. The shape is better suited for supersonic jets. The rotation is weird too, but more analysis is needed to track motion relative to clouds.

I got an message from wierzbickidavid who uploaded the video on Youtube. I asked him for the availability of a better version of the video, a few more details and invited him to join ATS and add his comments to this thread.

This is his message (I told him I would relay his answers to ATS):

Ok i'll add some info that weekend, couse i am only ufo fan not witness of that sighting, and when my mate show me that video, i put it on Youtube.
Sorry for my english

Anyway, in last few months i've seen many of those and different objects over southampton, but unlikely i don't have a proper camcorder. Number of sightings in my area incresed 3times since last summer.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the video Dave, and welcome to ATS!

Nablator, i can see your point about RC planes. I think that is looking like a very good avenue of investigation right now.

I know for a fact that there are remote controlled planes (i'm talking about basic ones, to the megabucks fancy ones) flown further out of the city at a place called Beaulieu Aerodrome. You can see the place in this RC heli vid, gives you some idea of how high these things can get.

Beaulieu Aerodrome RC flying

I've heard of many a wonderful thing being flown up there, and although it's a couple of miles outside this sighting location, i'll ask around the net to see if any of the flyers there could identify this object as "one of thiers". Maybe there are other RC flying clubs closer to the city.

I mention this RC place because i have personaly seen a lot of people racing RC cars around in the West Quay retail park car park, which is just across the road and further up from this sighting. I wonder if they fly things as well as race cars?

I'm not sure about the signal range of RC planes though. Time to go learn about RC i guess.

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Thanks Dave for coming to ATS, I missed your post.

Watching the video for the 100th time, the triangle's rotation, 180° between 00:11 and 00:19, is too fast to be explained by perspective. At 00:20 the bridge orientation shows that the camera is still pointed forward, not completely turned to the left of the car. Even then it would be a 90° rotation, not 180°. I doubt a plane, apparently without vertical stabilizer, can do a U-turn in 10 seconds without banking.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well that was a stroke of luck, there is a RC flying club in Southampton and as well as the flying location i've just mentioned, there other location is a recreation ground in Southampton itself.

Southampton Model Aeroplane Club

See the piccy below, see the block of flats in the left side of the pic......well thats just prior to where this video was posted if we have the location correct. (Would still be nice to get a confirmation from the camera operator).

Will get back if i hear anything on the RC issue.

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Maybe a helicopter with a triangular frame around the rotor? Or an experimental drone "lifter". If [url=http://newenergytimes.com/Library/2005JonesR-UnconventionalScience.pdf]this _/url] can be trusted, in 2005 the MOD was planning to test even weirder things than Asymmetric Capacitors (lifters): anti-gravity (the Ning Li experiment).

[edit on 2008-6-10 by nablator]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I had some concerns about two places in the vid. The first is at the light pole. Given the pole is 8 - 10 meters (guesstimated) the black triangle would be about 15 meters high.

The second place was at the overpass which I assume to be 5 to 7 meters high. The object appears to barely clear that.

With some math we could determine the probable dimensions of the black triangle. I might give it a go later.

The rotations themselves seem to be in keeping with a model since newer receivers in RC equipment default to circling when they lose a signal.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nablator

About my earlier estimation of altitude and size, after reading the comments from ATSers who know the area, if the speed is lower, only 50 km/h instead of 72 km/h, and the zoom level higher, the UFO is proportionally lower and smaller. Could it be a small RC plane?

Remember where this is, 50 mph not 50 km/h.

This is a fairly typical speed for dual carriageways here.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

Hi Gary, stupid question from someone who knows little about the mathmatics of judging height (that would be me then).......how can you tell the object is so low?

Surely the object could look small and like it just above the overpass if you were going underneath it, even if it was far off?

Like if i take a piccy of a plane now whilst standing next to my house, on the pic it would look small and as though it was right next to my house.....but it would'nt be.

I've just posted a few questions regarding this on a RC forum, hopefully i will get some opinions form that community sometime soon.

CX.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
[Remember where this is, 50 mph not 50 km/h.

This is a fairly typical speed for dual carriageways here.

Thats right, 50mph.....thats 80kph.

Where he is videoing, he has just passed a speed camera and is just appproaching one too, both of which work......so i'm guessing his speed is pretty much bang on 50mph as otherwise the swearing would have come from just being flashed!

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
...the black triangle would be about 15 meters high.

Vertical distances can be very deceptive. Especially when the size of the UFO is unknown.

I think the only way to estimate the altitude is from comparing the speed of the car to the triangle's angular speed, and assuming the triangle doesn't move much. I'd say 400 m based on 50 mph = 80 km/h for car speed and a guesstimate of 36 seconds between the 45° forward and 45° back view above the horizon. 36x80/3.6/2=400.

The rotations themselves seem to be in keeping with a model since newer receivers in RC equipment default to circling when they lose a signal.

You may be right, but a vertical stabilizer would be needed for that, and it should be visible somewhere. While manned airplanes do not use the rudder for turning, it would be uncomfortable for passengers, I guess an unmanned RC plane could turn that way. A plexiglass transparent vertical stabilizer or two, maybe?

edit: thanks Sherpa, I'm not used to mph speeds.

[edit on 2008-6-10 by nablator]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join