Been asked to comment on the latest object filmed over Southampton on YouTub. Firstly may I state that I do not trust any footage posted
on YouTub and would never state that anything posted on YouTub is a UFO. Footage taken over Southampton in the past months can be seen just by looking
at the footage posted was just Chinese Lanterns and no more. But we cannot say this about the 1st June footage. The sighting to my knowledge has not
been reported to any UFO groups in Southampton (In fact there are no other UFO groups in Southampton or the surrounding area and the Southampton UFO
Group closed its doors in January 2008) or the local press and media services. Although SUFOG closed, my details are available on the internet,
through the local libraries but I have not received any calls which starts to make me somewhat suspicious when items are posted on the Internet but
not reported elsewhere to professional bodies such as Police, Airports etc etc.
The footage 'Looks' good but why oh why do people have a camera in their cars just at the right moment when an alledged UFO suddenly appears,
LUCK? As we have no written witness reports on the sighting, then we can only make assumptions. Yes, the object was filmed over the Millbrook fly-over
coming into Southampton. Yes, the object appeared to be spinning but that could be just an optical illusion due to the camera movement and the car
movement as stated elsewhere. The object has no external structure or any lights turned on on the craft. When the car drives under the footbridge, the
object appears to be blocked out by the footbridge. The so called 'circles' that have been pointed out could just be the pixels on the camera as we
assume it was a digital camcorder (What type etc would be nice to know) as this will occure when enlargeing digital images and is therefore just an
So what can we draw from this footage :
1. It is a triangular shaped OBJECT.
2. It could be a Hoax created on a computer (Clever things the new generation of computers and software!)
3. No written witness accounts.
4. Footage just 'Posted' on a website without anything to validate it.
5. No structure (not even any lights) on the object.
6. Not reported to the Local Press, UFO group, Police, Airport, Airtraffic control at Swanick just to name a few locations!!!! THis starts one
7. No other reports of the object by independent witnesses, yet it was seen over a very buisy road into Southampton and also would have appeared over
a very highly populated area of the city, yet no one else reported it... Hmmmm how strange.
Sorry folks, but as it stands, there is little credence to call this a UFO in the sence of space craft etc. Yes, an Unidentified Flying Object, but
my GUT FEELING - IT IS EITHER TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE OR SOMETHING FROM DOWN HERE - NOT UP THERE.
Founder & Former Chairman of the Southampton UFO Group.
Editor of UFOUK News Magazine.