It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British MPs: ID cards 'could threaten privacy'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The government should limit the data it collects on citizens for its ID card scheme to avoid creating a surveillance society, a group of MPs has warned.

External Source
I think its really an serious matter of common man freedom .As we know every day we get watch in London more then 600 time on CTC cameras.
And now they want us on gov data as just a numeric figure no human values

[edit on 8-6-2008 by 123space]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well do something about it, email your local MP with your views one person from everyone constituency does this and the MPs will get the idea.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Just refuse the I'D card, they can't make you have it. I'll be refusing the card no matter what. They can take me to court if they wish.

Regarding the Cameras in England, yes every City centre is immersed with Cameras, but with good cause in my opinion. There's a high rate of crime in our cities with all the Cameras, can you imagine our Cities without Cameras?

If you don't like all the Cameras, then you simply move out of the City. The only Cameras you'll find out of the Cities are private owned which are for protecting private property, or cameras situated at busy roads/junctions, monitoring the traffic.

The M'P's are correct in what they're saying though, we have to be careful and not to go to far. The Cameras with the ability to listen are appalling, I can't see what purpose they play, only dirty old fat controllers listening in on private conversations.

new topics

join