It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Weather...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So.. I live in Cudahy WI, like 8 minutes south of Milwaukee. I've been a resident here for most of my life (25 years) and for the last 3 days I obviously couldn't help but notice the extremely violent weather. Ive seen some violent weather here sure... But not 3 solid days of it. Each day the tornado warning sirens sound and the local news tells us to retreat to our basements. Yesterday was by far the most intense, My roommate and I refused to be stuck in our cramped basement and decided to stand outside with some beer and see what god had to give us. The winds were harsh and the clouds spun together rapidly, we figured a tornado was soon to follow but nothing.. But what did happen was an amazing amount of rain.. The intersection near my house was flooded up to our thighs and the sidewalk we stood on eventually was submerged up to the tops of our ankles.. As the winds picked up we witnessed white capped waves crashing against houses. Today is no different... This may not matter to anyone at all.. But I feel I need to just throw this out there.. Anyone else seeing odd weather?... What do you think is ahead for this summer?

If this is the wrong category I apologize..

Thanks for reading friends...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
We've had weird weather here in New Mexico, but weird is all and weird weather isn't all that weird.

We've had mid-nineties one day and low-sixties the next.

We're lucky so far not to have had violent deadly weather in my part of the state.

Here's the story regarding tornados in the US and elsewhere so far this spring.

As of June 7, 1,330 tornadoes have been reported in the United States (of which at least 728 have been confirmed), with 112 confirmed fatalities. This already makes 2008 the deadliest year since 1998.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.google.com...

[edit on 2008/6/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Wow.. yeah temperatures are bouncing like crazy here too... Thanks for the links!!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by eatfleshzombie

I live in Kansas, so we've obviously had nationally covered bad weather. I don't know that there is much else too it other than a natural shift. Hard to say. But I do know that these are the most tornados (that have caused problems) in a very long time. Excluding Greensburg, we've had a very quite tornado season, especially here in eastern Kansas.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
North Georgia here, we have had extreme drought, tornados with casualties, well and springs drying up, I saw the strangest thing the other night, there was a storm in a neighboring county, about 30 miles off, and here the sky was clear as crystal, and pink balls of lightning was shooting across the sky. I am nearly 50 years old, and I have never seen lightning like that, a ball would light up, then streaks would go in all directions from it, out of a clear starry sky.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I live in south east Georgia, USA. We had an F1 tornado on Mother's Day. It was out first ever.

We had lots of destruction but thankfully no deaths.

I've seen hail a few times in my life here but this summer we've had hail several times already.

Makes me wonder what hurricane season will bring.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
During the tornados around here I noticed lighting also that seemed to almost be in ball form. It didn't match alot of the other lighting in the sky. But, tornados cause freaky stuff to happen.

top topics

join