It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India contrail UFO caught on camera (Good Quality video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

I have contacted the purported original photographer - Ashutosh - asking for the details. Hopefully we will hear soon.

I just installed Stellarium myself (is very cool!) and it would seem (if I am using it right) that Venus sets before the sun. So that should rule venus out?

EDIT: I am wrong, the video is that of sunrise, so venus is a definite possibility, now we wait for some details on the case ...

[edit on 6/9/2008 by 2believeor0]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

EDIT: I am wrong, the video is that of sunrise, so venus is a definite possibility, now we wait for some details on the case ...
i all ready send him the message i think he is not coming too much on youtube

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I got a reply from the videographer's friend, Ashutosh. Here is the response to my request :
"Greetings

My friend shot this video. We were on our vacation and at morning he shot this video. This is not at Khandala. It is shot at Koyna nagar.

You can find the resort 17°24'18.35"N, 73°44'16.81"E with Google Earth.

I saw the thread and it is interesting. I myself believe in UFos and I believe that Humans do not belong to this planet. They are some what clones of Ets.
"

I will post further details as they become available. I have also suggested to him to join this site and partake in discussion. Hopefully, he will join and make matters clearer.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

My friend shot this video. We were on our vacation and at morning he shot this video. This is not at Khandala. It is shot at Koyna nagar.

Thanks for posting this info here man
good job.So now we know the exact location cool is it possible we get the date too then we could check how sky look at that location on exact same day & time.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Greetings

I am ashutosh and my friend shot this video. This was shot near Koyna dam MTDC resort at morning time. I will check exact time and date and post. This resort is on top of hill. You can find this resort at 17°24'18.35"N, 73°44'16.81"E Google Earth.

The black objects are birds and they were not sharp as my friend used max. zooming. He used Sony camera and i will post exact model and other details so if any known errors are there those can be eliminated. And yes we were fool we didn't had tripod!!

It was not a aircraft. It was traveling in exact path of contrail and it was much below the jet which produced the contrail. It is not spyplane too as this place is located in central part of Maharashtra and if it have been, it could have been shot down earlier by Indian Air force.

One member suggested that it could be a weather balloon. I think that could be possibility. I do not have any video editing facility so i can not see the film frame by frame. I feel if it is balloon it will follow the jet stream. I will find if there are any observatories near this particular place who use balloons for weather mapping. I remember that i had seen lot of jets in peak hours. It seems to be main route which most of the jetliner take. I will inquire about that too.

If you need any information i will be very happy to give. I myself believe that there is intelligence in the universe and some day we will find it. I believe that humans are some what clones from outer world. Our ancestors had contact with ET who made us. Some how they lost it and they started building huge structures and signs to attract/contact them. Recent example of this is Cargo cult. I may be wrong...This may be another topic of debate.

One thing sure, i have started carrying camera with me all the time and tripod is on my wish list!!

Best regards
ashutosh

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
ashutosh Thanks for coming here at ATS & Shared the valuable information in this regards.About mumbai sighting their is lot more possibilities if their are nuclear reactor in that area too. . .Thx for sharing your information on this thread

[edit on 10-6-2008 by 123space]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashutosh
I am ashutosh and my friend shot this video. This was shot near Koyna dam MTDC resort at morning time. I will check exact time and date and post. This resort is on top of hill. You can find this resort at 17°24'18.35"N, 73°44'16.81"E Google Earth.

Ashutosh, thank you for posting the coordinates of the site. This is about 360Km West and 150Km South of the location (Maharashtra) I used for the Stellarium images of sunrise as seen throughout the turn of the year. The exact date of the event you witnessed will be of great value in assessing whether any astronomical phenomena were present. I look forward to your next posting.

WG3

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Okay I had one more look at this video. I enlarged what I considered the best frame and cleaned it up. This is what comes out:

I then enlarged that frame, cropped it, and cleaned it up again...

I'll leave it to you.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Greetings

It is shot on 27th December 2007 at morning around 7 am. It was sunny and clear day.

Best regards
ashutosh

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

Is it balloon? I am not able to identify it.....

It was a Sony magnetic tape. If you get magnetic tape can this image will be more clear?

Best regards
ashutosh

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashutosh
reply to post by garyo1954

Is it balloon? I am not able to identify it.....

It was a Sony magnetic tape. If you get magnetic tape can this image will be more clear?

Best regards
ashutosh

Thank you for sharing this piece of footage with us ashurosh. I am very happy to work with it.

To answer your questions, I don't think the object on the left is glare since the sun is behind everything. Still, I have no definite opinion on what it is at this point.

I took what I considered the best 4 frames of this object and worked with them to enlarge them and clean them up. This was the best of that four.

Now, you have to remember super resolution is nice on television where they take a license plate at 400 meters and make it readable. But in real life, it is not as exact.

Also, the magnetic tape would have to be converted into a file that the program could work with.

Again, thank you for posting this.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashutoshIt is shot on 27th December 2007 at morning around 7 am. It was sunny and clear day.

OK, the following image shows sunrise on 27 December 2007 from the Konya Dam resort coordinates posted earlier. Ignore the time indicated, which is my local time (GMT+1).

There were two very bright morning objects visible shortly before the sun rose. These were Jupiter at magnitude -1.6 and Venus at magnitude -3.5.
It's difficult to say which planet appears in the video because the effect of the zoom is difficult to assess. At a guess, I'd say it was Jupiter, considering its proximity to the horizon at the time the video was made. There is no doubt that Venus would have been even more obvious at a greater altitude and ten times brighter. Was Venus not noticed before the Sun came up?
It's interesting that the video begins on the contrail at exactly the point where the 'UFO' appears. I guess this was a coincidence. There is little doubt that the planet, partially hidden by the passing contrail, would appear to move. It's a common optical illusion.

WG3

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 123space

cool,thanks for sharing..

wtb full contact ASAP

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ashutosh, thanks for coming here and providing further details on this. Do you remember anything else that was not captured on the video? For example, how long was the object visible? Were the clouds moving at any perceptible speed - this should indicate whether the perceived movement of the object really was due to relative motion of the contrails.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2believeor0
Were the clouds moving at any perceptible speed - this should indicate whether the perceived movement of the object really was due to relative motion of the contrails.

Ashutosh said it was a clear sky, though there are some clouds visible on the video. However, these apear to be at a considerably lower altitude than the contrail. I fact contrails are always in the jet stream, which is way above the cloud layer. The jet stream is always moving, so contrails always move. If you ever observe Jupiter or Venus through binoculars when here is cloud/contrails in front of it, it always appears to move. It's an optical illusion.

WG3

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

Yes, I certainly agree that the possibility exists of an optical illusion involving venus and the moving contrails. However they seem to be moving pretty quick and do not seem to dissipate as fast as one would expect if they really are moving that fast.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Observe the position of venus against the rising sun as shown in Stellarium.

Now compare this with the still from the video that shows the horizon. My guess of where the sun is rising from is based on the light incident on the clouds (shown with the thick arrow). The small circle shows where I would expect Venus to be (roughly in that area) and the larger circle shows the approx. location of the object somewhere between the two parts of the contrail.

In my (not so expert) opinion, the location as predicted by stellarium and as seen in the video do not quite match.

[edit on 6/11/2008 by 2believeor0]

[edit on 6/11/2008 by 2believeor0]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Keeping all of the above in mind, I am not entirely convinced that what was captured on the video is the planet Venus.

Any comments/criticisms are welcome.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Greetings

I am sure It was not Venus. The object was traveling from 1100 to 0500. Sun was rising at 0500.

Yes you can see the clouds on horizon but on our head or above our head it was clear.

best regards
ashutosh

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I must say this, among all the trashy threads this one is the most serious one (ok maybe among the most serious ones), but we do not get any input from members?

People, please flag the thread so more eyes can review the evidence presented and help arrive to some kind of solution.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join