It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion and freedom of speech?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So something gets said that a few people get offended by and a thread gets locked? Does that happen a lot on here then? I'm relatively new here see so am unsure..

To be perfectly honest I didn't see what was offensive about the OP. It was clearly somebody just expressing their feeling with regards to The Bibleā„¢ being nothing more than a book. Surely he/she has the right to voice their opinions on this subject? If not then why not? So much for freedom of speech on the internet huh ...

Anyway, even if the OP was written to get a reaction then aren't you all mature enough to rise above it and ignore it? Or do you thrive on the conflict?

From the short time I've been a member here I've noticed a lot of posters getting extremely defensive about their beliefs instead of engaging in intelligent discussion as to why they hold them.

If someone has a different opinion to you then so what? They have as much right to voice their opinion as you do to voice yours. If it offends you then ignore them/leave/whatever.

Anyway, I thought it might be an interesting topic as that thread was locked because 'useful things to do with an unused book' was an offensive topic.

P.S Don't delete this. Nothing abusive, hateful, offensive or racist about this.

Thanks.

EDIT: Nice of you to answer my question by locking this thread and deleting my one about the same subject in the religious conpiracies forum. Says it all really

[edit on 8-6-2008 by threedoom]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The question posed to BTS members is "what else could the bible be used for?" after the obvious toilet paper, door stop suggestions by the author. We strive for more and require more on this site. That thread was a bait trap that was only intended to offend, harass and cause great argument.

Closing

Pleases file a complaint if you still have issue.

join