It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Novak On McCain Adviser's Claim That Obama Is 3rd Bush Term: 'Silliest Thing I Have Ever Heard!'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Novak On McCain Adviser's Claim That Obama Is 3rd Bush Term: 'Silliest Thing I Have Ever Heard!'

thinkprogress.org

McCain policy adviser Douglas Holtz-Eakin — attempting to fight off the fact that McCain is running to continue President Bush’s key policies — ludicrously claimed that Barack Obama would belike President Bush on the economy. Obama is “dedicated to the recent Bush tradition of spending money on everything,” Holtz-Eakin said.

Reacting to Holtz-Eakin’s interview, conservative pundit Robert Novak said: "That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! And i wont even dignify how stupid it is!
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
thinkprogress.org

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Looks like McCain has become pretty desperate to distance hiself from Bush. So much so that he is trying to put the "3rd Bush Term" image on Obama rather than wearing that image himself.

Too bad it is ridiculous and will only further imprint on himself how pathetically incompetent and Bush like he actually is.

The article notes how he is trying to use a "I am rubber you are glue" strategy to reflect criticism against him on to Obama. Too bad there is no comparison and McCain just looks more and more off balance, and dare I say senile.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
McCain's distancing from Bush is getting out of hand, and continuing to do it will hurt him in the long run.

Bush can help McCain in so many ways....Remember Bush won 2 Presidential elections, he may be unpopular but he is still a huge force in the Republican Party. Here is what McCain needs to do....

Continue Bush's winning policy on Iraq.

Praise Bush's policy of lower taxes, and make the tax cuts permanent.

Join Bush and push to open up ANWAR, and drilling everywhere possible.

Praise Bush's Supreme Court nominees and vow to continue his legacy.

Join Bush in pushing for eliminating ear marks in Congressional bills.

If McCain wants to distance himself from Bush, he would have to do a 180 and oppose amnesty for illegal aliens. But they don't call him Juan McCain for nothing.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Was that post supposed to be satire? I guess that is how the 25% that still approve of Bush view the world though.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Continue Bush's winning policy on Iraq.

If that's winning policy then I pray we never have to see losing policy.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

This Obama-is-the-next-Bush stance is just as stupid as the Teenagers-are-to-blame-for-the-unemployment-rate routine. Both are pathetically hard to swallow.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I think McCain's strategy of distancing himself from Bush is a smart move on his part. Essentially, Bush is dead weight and has caused the GOP to lose several critical races.

If McCain wishes to attract a broader audience, then he must take a more moderate stance on key issues. Catering solely to the far-right is no longer a winning strategy.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Stupid yes, highly entertaining yes, sad that I can look to my president and continually find entertainment in dark comedy, yes.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
McCain's distancing from Bush is getting out of hand, and continuing to do it will hurt him in the long run.

It depends on whether or not Bush is going to end up impeached or otherwise legally confounded.

If that happens, then this could be the best possible move that any of the candidates decided to take.

new topics

top topics

join