It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Sport Ever...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The title speaks for itself...

Cheese Rolling...

From the top of the hill a round of Double Gloucester cheese is rolled, and competitors race down the hill after it. The first person over the finish line at the bottom of the hill wins the cheese.
Wiki

apparently its been going on for perhaps hundreds of years...

Think theres a cooler sport that this?
Post it!

Enjoy!

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here's another good sport, not nearly as entertaining but just as stupid:

Chessboxing

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Oh good god...

While this is NOT the best sport ever... it does rival on the same amount of obscenity as Cheese Rolling... just a lot more offensive...

Dwarf Throwing - Also known as dwarf tossing, this sport, which involves throwing dwarves across a bar room onto a mattress or crash mat, is so offensive that it is banned in parts of Canada, France, and the US. The first world dwar-throwing championships were held in Australia in 1986.
source

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I was going to say hockey, but all three of you beat me.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Sweet mother of god!

I want to play cheese rolling!

You have to be totaly #faced to decide to run down a near-verticle hill after a wheel of cheese...

You damm brits are INSANE!

I mean, people must be mauled during that, i can't imagine all the injures that occur... i mean, people just get paralysed all the time in that!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Yep, and there are other "sports" here which are very nearly as mad.

"Bog diving" is pretty strange, as is mud swimming, and then you have the fancy dress pram races (or any strange vehicle that can be pushed) which occurs in small towns all over the country - the idea is to have a team of 2 to 4 and push one member in the vehicle, whilst stopping at every pub on the route and downing a pint - it gets pretty funny.

Where I live, we have the Golowan Festival going on at the moment, but no really strange sports attached to it.

Some pretty strange goings on, but no sports

new topics

top topics

join