It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A problem with the links at the top

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I see some changes to the buttons have been made. I think they looked better before the change to tell the truth.

However, there is a problem with the change. Many of the buttons no longer work correctly in Mozilla, Firefox, or Firebird. They worked perfectly fine before this change.

Please fix this. It works in IE and Netscape, but I cannot stand IE. The reasons are in my signature actually.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Opera 6.4

Get that.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I already have Opera.

Mozilla Firefox > Opera

Plus Opera has spyware.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Sucks to be you.

Use a Opera/Netscape/WTFEVAH

Why should an entire system be changed because of one persons browservanity.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
i am in complete agreement with you on this one elite

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The tabs at the top won't work for me when I use Netscape, but they work with Opera.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Sucks to be you.

Use a Opera/Netscape/WTFEVAH

Why should an entire system be changed because of one persons browservanity.

Do you honestly believe I am the only person who uses Mozilla/Firefox/Firebird? No child. In fact I bet more people use Mozilla, Firefox or Firebird instead of Opera.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by EliteXizer]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer Do you honestly believe I am the only person who uses Mozilla/Firefox/Firebird? No child. In fact I bet more people use Mozilla, Firefox or Firebird instead of Opera.
Child? That was uncalled for... perhaps an apology for your condescending tone? The new links are to call better attention to items that many people (especially new users) have reported they are simply "not seeing". A subtle interface is not always appropriate heuristics. I'm using Safari, which is based on Mozilla, and have no problems. The code is simple and HTML 4 compliant, there should be no issues.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I like the new links, they are a lot clearer, the only problem I have with them is that I have got to retrain my hand to move to a different part of the screen to get the most recent posts! I won't be able to do it without looking for a while.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by EliteXizer
Do you honestly believe I am the only person who uses Mozilla/Firefox/Firebird? No child. In fact I bet more people use Mozilla, Firefox or Firebird instead of Opera.

Child? That was uncalled for... perhaps an apology for your condescending tone?

The new links are to call better attention to items that many people (especially new users) have reported they are simply "not seeing". A subtle interface is not always appropriate heuristics.

I'm using Safari, which is based on Mozilla, and have no problems. The code is simple and HTML 4 compliant, there should be no issues.

I looked at the source... It simply links to [a href='#']

The # part is confusing Firefox... it doesn't know where the link goes to. It goes to, for example, on the main board page www.abovetopsecret.com...#

-And I call people children when they act like them.

"Sucks to be you.

Use a Opera/Netscape/WTFEVAH"

Seems childish to me.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by EliteXizer]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Your pop-up blocker is the problem. href="#" is a standard HTML 4 compliant method for giving a blank HREF (important for text-only browsers and search engine spiders) while launching a JavaScript onClick. The links with a "#" as the HREF are opening a new pop-up with a JavaScript.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's not my pop up blocker. The pop up blocker allows anything I click on to pop up. I also double checked and disabled it, it still just goes to www.abovetopsecret.com...# in the same window anytime I click on one of these links.,

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There have been changes to the external JavaScript link (ats.js) some browsers will need a forced refresh to recognize the changes. Have you tried that?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
FWIW, I'm using Mozilla Firefox and haven't had any problems with the new "top links" whatsoever.

-B.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
There have been changes to the external JavaScript link (ats.js) some browsers will need a forced refresh to recognize the changes. Have you tried that?

I tried refreshing and it worked. O_o

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   
i think you should change the black tabs back to how they used to be and the bts ats atsnn tabs as well.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
just my 2 cents....

make the search tab - a flashing tab with bright lights.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm also using Firefox and I don't have any problems.

And I have to say it is a superb browser, I rarely use IE any more.

new topics

top topics

join