It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain would like to see a man on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
www.turkishpress.com...

+1 for McCain in my book. Sounds like he's all for human space exploration and getting the American public involved and excited.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
i'd like to see him be that man.

seriously, though...i have nothing about real space exploration. it leads us to some pretty amazing technology and also provides some great jobs. but then again, maybe humans haven't evolved to the point where they don't look to weaponizing all technology.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well at least that's something to douse the flames!

Leaders definitely need to get people going about space exploration, especially if this planet gets too messed up and we have to get out of here sharpish! Good on McCain!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GrooveCat

My question becomes where will the cash come from?
I mean if we drop the US campaign in the middle east then we will have the cash to do some real high tech space exploration.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
My question exactly Slayer. What with us also in Iraq for the next 100 yrs I guess we'll have to turn Iran to green glass and send miners in there with funny suits on to suck them dry.
Let's send McCain, Cheney, w, and Rummy. Start the training. Wonder how my car will run with radioactive oil? Hmmm.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hi jpm1602
I think it makes since? don't you?
We need to shift our resources away from war. Focus more on our children and the future of this planet instead of trying to enslave it !

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think that more vigorous NASA missions such as a return to the Moon and Mars would help boost American morale and even earn America a little more favor with the rest of the world. McCain could use this to ease the publics' apprehension if he were to start pulling America out of Iraq. In any case, the colonization of space is a worthy endeavor. Of-course currently NASA doesn't plan to venture out to Mars until the late 2030, so I'm not even sure McCain will ever be around to see that. Not unless he grants NASA a large boost in money so that they can speed up the current plan.

top topics

join