It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican astronomer's take on alien life video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
New from Yahoo news: www.yahoo.com...

also - video.ap.org...

Very interesting! Something like this would be unheard of just a few years ago coming from anyone within the Vatican. A small step forward. It's better than nothing.

The guy who speaks at the end is obviously close-minded and scared of the thought of other intelligent life existing else where in the Universe.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think Vatican has realised that the 'age of space' is coming back, and sooner or later a (public) encounter with extraterrestrials is inevitable.
The good old church with their centuries-old 'philosophy' isn't fit for the modern age anymore, so they need to adjust it a bit, so that they don't lose the religious folk.

However, despite my opinion that they're just steering the masses, getting people to believe in the existence of extraterrestrials is a good thing.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The Earth is flat!
Oops it's round!

We are the center of the universe!
Oops Earth, the third rock from the sun!

There are no aliens!
Oops....

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
The Earth is flat!
Oops it's round!

We are the center of the universe!
Oops Earth, the third rock from the sun!

There are no aliens!
Oops....

In my opinion it is much more mature and scientific for the church to admit they were wrong on those issues than ignore their glaring inaccuracies. I mean, c'mon - would we really rather they held steadfast in their scientific positions?

No one knows for sure about alien life... the church is actually taking an amazing leap forward, as the issue is largely side-stepped by mainstream science (less-so now-a-days). Why bash the church for changing their opinion? would you rather they still preached we are the only life in the universe? Or did you expect them to get it right from 0 AD and be millenia ahead of modern science on the issue?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by clayhasychak

I'm Catholic I IMO have never seen a conflict on this matter!
God created everything around us and he has the whole universe to do with what he wants.

It's his Universe!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The Denver video has had me intrigued for days now, wanting to see the real deal in order to asses the thing for myself, However i saw an advert for it on ITN news HERE

First video in the list, and i have to admit, even with all the debunking going on, this video seriously had me rolling on the floor laughing, it isnt the real video, but please watch to the end and watch the alien with the hat on, this is so so funny, but on a sad note, it is no wonder ufology is becoming the laughing stock it is while video's like this are on the loose.

Im a firm believer, seen for myself and cant be persuaded otherwise, this however is just to funny. highly recommended viewing for all.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here's a neat little video: www.youtube.com...

top topics

join