It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Quick Fix For High Gasoline Prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The G8 - UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia and the United States - were joined by China, India and South Korea which together consume 65% of the world’s crude oil. The 11 countries are urging - say begging - the major oil producing countries to increase production substantially and promptly lest the world sink into a depression.

Q. Should we let the OIL moguls and the out of control commodity SPECTATORS kill us all?

A. No.

Solution: 1)
Close all commodity markets at once. And not to be reopened until new rules are in place. Primarily new rules must limit participation only to those who are in the industry that produces, processes and distributes the particular commodity they are bidding on or buying. “Gamblers take you business to Las Vegas!”

2)
Create an world-wide UNITARY Buying Authority - UBA - to which ALL oil producers who engage in international commerce MUST sell their product. The initial price paid to producers would be rolled back to the prevailing price on August 31, 2001. Refusals would not be accepted. NOte: The price-fix date was purpose chosen prior to the Nine Eleven Event. Blackwater would be retained on-call to seize hold-out oil fields. Halliburton would be retained on-call to operate such fields until the recalcitrant country agrees to participate enthusiastically. If you don’t subscribe to UBA, you don’t ship!

The UBA would allot oil production to every nation at 83% of the amount they received on the price fixing date. Russian as a net exporter would not be effected except the price of their crude would fall by a considerable amount. The US is the LARGEST importer of crude oil despite being the No. 3 producer in the world. You can take it to the bank the US Bush Administration would refuse to participate. So be it.

When pump prices pass the $7 a gallon mark, even George W Bush - The Decider - would wake up. The US would either “come along” or “go it alone.” Withdrawing at 13 mpd - million barrels per day - how long will our 900 million barrels strategic oil reserve last? Do the numbers.

Immediately the UBA would take applications for product in excess of the initial allotted amount. Each country wanting more crude oil most conform to Kyoto before more oil will flow. Thank you George, maybe we’ll see you here after all? Other measures such as an approved “sale” of global warming gasses quotas must be in place.

A fifty-year goal of a per capita EQUAL access to crude oil would be adopted as the guiding principle of the UBA. The obvious temptation by selfish self-serving national leaders to re-sell all or part of a nation’s allotment could be dealt with very easily.

Radiating natural elements in trace amounts would be added to the crude oil at the well-head and bar coded to each country. Then, follow-up Geiger counting bar coding devices could easily detect crude oil or refined product that had been transferred outside the UBA.

The offending country would be penalized by reducing by a like amount of its allotment. The accepting country would also be penalized by losing the same amount of its allotment. By hitting hard and quick both the seller and the buyer, I believe a re-run of the failed Iraq “Oil for Food” program could be avoided.

It is only a matter of time before the World must adopt some plan like this. If and when we pass the debated PEAK oil moment, it will become an immediate necessity. The current spike in prices is mostly attributable to our UNREGULATED commodity markets and to our UNREGULATED mutual funds, hedge funds and sovereign wealth funds. Anyone who calls buying a FUTURES CONTRACT an INVESTMENT does not know what he or she is talking about. (OK, that’s unless the fix is in). This is no game. This is for survival.

[edit on 6/8/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
That WOULD fix things alright!!!

If the powers that be wanted it to be fixed!!

The powers that be have already wrestled the ability to set the price of oil from OPEC and other oil producing countries, and are now having a field day and a party with this power! I don't think THEY want a quick fix!!

That solution #1 of yours would do it, but they just act like they don't even see that, even though they are the ones that opened that door.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
McCain (Bush Jr) and Florida’s Switcheroo Charlie Crist Blame Greens for High Price of Gasoline?

I’d like to see a trustworthy panel of 3-4 people speak to this issue. 1 from the petroleum industry. Another from the one of the regulatory bodies assigned to watchdog the industry. A career employee, not an appointee. A third who is a well informed consumer advocate and a fourth, an economist of some repute.

I don’t want to hear them assign blame or argue or advocate their own cause. I’d like each one to speak 5-10 minutes giving us their take on high prices. We can make our own decision on what is the cause and the "cure."

Perhaps it’s best for the speakers to stay at home and use the magic of satellites to bring us the four speakers in some proper order on the same program. Don’t let the speakers hear what the others are saying so the last speaker can’t “modify” his or her speaking to best the others.

That’s what I’d like to see and soon.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
In certain groups many believe what many other counties do with Nuclear Energy would help in the United States using Uranium. Other people feel that this type of energy is harmful and waistful.

Here is an artical that disspells the myths of Nuclear Energy.

Myths About Nuclear Energy
By Ed Hiserodt
Published: 2007-04-30 05:00

First shift at Milwaukee’s Falk Corp. began on the morning of December 6, 2006 just like it had for decades at the giant industrial complex. The company’s skilled workers filed in, replacing the third-shift workers who were headed home for some well-earned rest after spending the night at the giant factory building gears for other industrial consumers. Without a hitch the first-shift crew picked up where third shift left off and were busily working when some began to notice signs that something was wrong. Just before 8:00 a.m. the smell of natural gas began to fill the air, and employees began to evacuate. Minutes later, at 8:07, the plant was torn apart by a colossal fireball in an explosion that rocked the city, blowing out windows blocks away. “It was like a bomb went off or a plane crashed,” said 42-year veteran Falk machinist David... more at above link.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted by MrMysticism
Just before 8:00 a.m. the smell of natural gas began to fill the air, and employees began to evacuate. Minutes later, at 8:07, the plant was torn apart by a colossal fireball in an explosion that rocked the city, blowing out windows blocks away. “It was like a bomb went off or a plane crashed . .

Dust. We recently witnessed a sugar plant near Savannah GA explode and kill 10 and seriuosly burned another 10 workers. Since Nixon's OSHA was gutted by Reagan we have had dozens of dust caused blasts to kill scores of workers. Self regulating does not work as dead workers will confirm.

I also favor nuclear power BUT I want the power companies to PAY for the plants, NOT the US taxpayers. IF we do come in, then I want it to be as a part owner. I'm tired of being ripped off by industries that can afford to pay their own way.

A very real problem with the new power plants - 80 to 200 are being licensed - is that older coal plants already paid for can produce electricity for about 10 cents a KW delivered to your fuse box. New nuclear plants OTOH will be lucky to make the same KW of electricity available to your for 25 cents.

Will we think we're just plain LUCKY to have nuke power and be glad to pay 2.5 X the price of the old carbon emitting plant users pay? Or should we also have a carbon tax or a permit system to sell CO2 permits to equalize the cost and gain some money for the US Treasury at the same time?

In other words are we going to be so happy over NUKE power when we find out EVERYONE will see his monthly bill rise from $150 to $375?

[edit on 6/22/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite

I also favor nuclear power BUT I want the power companies to PAY for the plants, NOT the US taxpayers. IF we do come in, then I want it to be as a part owner. I'm tired of being ripped off by industries that can afford to pay their own way.

In other words are we going to be so happy over NUKE power when we find out EVERYONE will see his monthly bill rise from $150 to $375?

You make two great points.

1. The U.S. Government does not have any real investment or connections for a lack of better words. The Government would never even think about it unless they had it divided three ways. Federal, Taxpayers and Corporate funding.

2. Obviously any change in the way we create an energy source because that is what oil is for, it's going to be an expensive alternative or conversion. I just feel in the long run we are going to desparately need an alternative (which takes about 8 years, three of that in creating the plants) and it will be to late. This is a process that takes longer than any single election term will last and you know how well polititions corraborate to achomplish a task that they won't profit very much from. Nill to Zip!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Obama seems to be the only politician who realizes that supply isn't the reason that gas prices are sooo high!

Obama Vows Crackdown on Energy Speculators

Sen. Barack Obama on Sunday said as president he would strengthen government oversight of energy traders he blames in large part for the skyrocketing price of oil.

The Democratic candidate's campaign singled out the so-called "Enron loophole" for allowing speculators to run up the cost of fuel by operating outside federal regulation. Oil closed near $135 a barrel on Friday — almost double the price a year ago.

"My plan fully closes the Enron loophole and restores commonsense regulation as part of my broader plan to ease the burden for struggling families today while investing in a better future," Obama said in a campaign statement.

Finally, somebody in our government who actually mentioned the Enron loophole!

Obama's campaign blamed the loophole on former Sen. Phil Gramm, a Texas Republican who serves as Republican candidate Sen. John McCain's co-chairman and economic adviser. The Obama campaign accused Gramm of inserting a provision into a bill in late 2000 "at the behest of Enron lobbyists" that exempted some energy traders from government oversightt.

No wonder McCain was siding with Bush, pushing for unneeded refineries and more oil drilling!

Jeez! One of presidential nominees economic advisers is the guy that inserted the "Enron Loophole" into the bill to allow our gas prices to go through the roof and so the companies that lobbied him could make tons of money at our expense!

Just the man you'd want sitting beside McCain and giving him economic advice if he becomes president. NOT!!!

Disgusting a presidetial hopeful would keep a guy this dirty that close to him!

top topics

join