It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BoulderMD & Titor - Same Posters, proof is in the writing!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

Go read the 1st post by Boulder here...

Admin Update:

Many members have become highly skeptical of this story, and some have determined it to be a hoax. See this post for more information.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

and see what the mods have written about it being a Hoax. I debunked it (along with others too) and this is noted. This is not my true debunking..this is further debunking...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I really do understand what you're getting at, but I could make the same case concerning the posters I mentioned above (and tried to emulate a bit, just for illustration). If you look, these posters, at least 3 of them, write in similar structure, use the same form of logic, and have registered within 10 days of each other. Honestly, I've been curious as to whether they are the same person or not.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
BTW, I do have a suggestion for you, because I do believe you have a decent case... see if you can establish motive in any way. If these 2 posters (Titor and MD) really ARE the same person, what would motive be? What is the motive of BoulderMD to come back and perpetuate another hoax like this? That would help tie this all together and actually have a foundation for a case.

I am not trying to debunk anything you are saying. I really am trying to help out a bit... sometimes a challenge is what is needed to further along an investigation.

EDIT: If you couldn't tell, from my first posts, I too had the idea that Titor and MD may have been the same person. I was just hoping that there would be more evidence provided than just linguistics to make the case.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Earthscum]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

one response as to why perhaps...attention seekers.

Or maybe...
Writers trying to see how ideas would go in the public.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by q_ball

Interesting. I'm not up on the whole John Titor thing but have noticed from the little bit of research I have done that Titor has managed to create a vast amount of controversy around this name. I have also noticed we have two threads born out of MD's original.

I do see the similarities in writing styles and I will spend some more time on Titor..so far I do not believe a word of his suppossed time travels.

What hit me when reading MD's account was his need for accounts and verification. I immediatley thought of a black ops fishing expedition. Wasn't Titor black ops from the future?

BTW..starred and flagged..as much as I don't want to contribute to the growth of another Titor I am seriously bothered by MD's story.

To be honest, they could be both one and the same agency which is posting, be it an individual or a state sanctioned collective. What I mean by this is that you point out the "black ops" nature of both of these posters. So perhaps the whole thing is a psyop.

A probable justification could flow from the following points:

1. ATS, if nothing else, will draw attention to certain topics. The MSM does monitor ATS, and cites it from time to time.

2. Conspiracy buffs like those on ATS, also will go through a period of getting intrigued by a particular story, and then hyperfocus on it until it is debunked, by ourselves or by someone else. This typically means that our cycles are tied up with a specific story for a while, and that other items loose importance to us as we are focusing on this new "potentially true" story.

3. If you wanted to catch sites like this completely unaware about something, then get the majority of the members of a site wound up in multiple sensational claims. Then, when another sensational claim is reported on, it drowns in a sea of the others. This is akin to something in the network security community known as a "Stick Attack". Basically the concept is that you heavily inundate a network with attack signatures, while you focus on a specific area to actually attack, that way responses are tied up chasing wild geese.

4. Anyone could do this. But why?

So, I'm not saying this *is* what is afoot here. I'm just sayin', that you could manipulate the users of this site, and likewise the focus of the conspiracy community, in the above manner.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I could just as easily make the claim that you are Javier. q-ball.

The same aggressive anxious writing styles

Why would you post here instead of going to TTI and expressing your concerns?

You know very well that the algorithms to analyze writing styles is already in place.

Go talk to the original 8.

What are your motives?
Who are you?
Why are you making these claims now?
Why are you making these claims at ATS?

Everything you say will be brought into question as "obfuscation" until you explain yourself and your motives.

My personal opinion is that you are either seeking attention-which means you have been ignored by TPTB , You have already been discredited or found to have made irrational claims, The claims you have made are already dis-proven -OR- this is general misinformation.

The fact you came Here to make these claims at ATS already makes you suspect, instead you could have gone to TTI and gotten support.

Because this was pinned, the most responsible thing to do is to respond to it rationally, which doesn't appear to be happening.

Answer the questions, please.

-Kanigo2

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by more_serotonin_pls
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Actually, people have been convicted of criminal offences beased on an examination of written language and their style of writing. When I get into work tomorrow I think I'll print off the first few posts of the Titor and BoulderMD threads and do a proper linguistic analysis of them.

Earthscum, it is a fact that people can be identified by their writing style. End of story. I see what you're trying to say, but alas, you are wrong.

It'll pass some time in work for me. LOL

Peace,

MSP

As much as I love your Avatar "major" Lucidity, I must disagree with the above post.

Convicting people of writing stles, and makeing a match, requires "handwritten" text, not a computer font.

....They lok at the pressure of the writing, the ways certain letters curve, ect, all of which cannot be done whatsoever by looking at someone's postings on an internet forum.

Sure sentence structure and puntuation can be looked at , but that is not nearly 10% of what a handwriting analysist looks at when trying to dwar a match....

Point be made, when i looked at the first post of this thread I noticed, both Titor and boulderMD had the curious habit of starting thoughts with "....." and also ending thoughts with "...."

I was intrigued, until I realized i have that very same habit.

I'm sorry , but this post is really shooting in the dark. There is no possible way to make a definitive handwriting match by comparing computer based text, that uses the same EXACT font. As I said they may have similiar puncuation tendancies, but so do I, as do many others.

If you had handwritten letters from the two, then a comparison could be made. But no, definitely not with forum posts.

Interesting post though, as I've always been interested in handwriting analyzing, and once aspired to learn the art, and get a job in the field. Wierd aspiration huh? I don't know I just felt drawn to it for some reason. could be the artist in me.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Not true.

Someone was actually convicted of murder in the UK based on the style of text messaging.

I'll do a dig and see if I can find it for you.

Everyone loves the major.

edit - found it!!!

Here you go - click on the links...

txts xamind

Wiki about case

Hope that helps with what I'm getting at.

:-)

Peace,

MSP.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Actually, people have been convicted of criminal offences beased on an examination of written language and their style of writing. When I get into work tomorrow I think I'll print off the first few posts of the Titor and BoulderMD threads and do a proper linguistic analysis of them.

Earthscum, it is a fact that people can be identified by their writing style. End of story. I see what you're trying to say, but alas, you are wrong.

It'll pass some time in work for me. LOL

Peace,

MSP

i'd love to see the cases where people were convicted of writing styles. i can mimic ANY writing style. it's a hobby. but i didn't in my topic. and got accused anyway of being some person i had never even heard of. lol

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Did you read my post above?

One liner - prepared to take the hit.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by more_serotonin_pls

convicted of murder SOLELY on the basis of text messaging STYLE? call me skeptical or call that person screwed.

and i read it in between my last two posts. i still don't buy it. i think it's a pretty flimsy thing to hang someone on....

[edit on 8-6-2008 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Well you are nowhere near as intelligent as you clearly think you are.

Do you think judges are stupid people? Do you think language professors are stupid people?

Get a grip.

edit - sorry being a little harsh, but you get my drift.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

"Professor Malcolm Coulthard of the University of Birmingham told Chelmsford Crown Court there were differences between language used in text messages sent from her mobile phone before she disappeared and afterwards."
'He said that in one of the messages received after she went missing it was spelt "wot", whereas her usual spelling before her disappearance was "wat".'

that's a little different than what you said.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Well you are nowhere near as intelligent as you clearly think you are.

Do you think judges are stupid people? Do you think language professors are stupid people?

Get a grip.

get a grip yourself. i am merely stating my opinion, and i am not unfamiliar with the english language.

i'm through discussing this with someone as rude as you but do still look forward to seeing the listing of all the cases where writing STYLE was used to convict people.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

In ususal MSM style there was a lot more to it than that.

And to be honest, I don't really have the inclination or time to to explain it all.

Do some research and then get back to me, I respect what you're saying but I feel that you are under-informed on this issue.

peace,

MSP

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I did apologise for my harshness - I don't actually think I'm being rude.

Just frustrated.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
well done everyone-
how do we stop this in the future or can we

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fiorano

Well, first we need to determine whether it probably IS the same person.

And even then, I'm not sure how we'd stop it.

Just a general awareness - like already exists, I think.

Peace,

MSP

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Earthscum is Titor and BoulderMD.

He is here to cure the stupids.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by doctormcauley

arrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh

my head is bleeding

lol