It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BoulderMD & Titor - Same Posters, proof is in the writing!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
John Titor, like that BoulderMD poster will always have its believers and skeptics. Could even be the same people?

Look at the structures, the presentation of the articles i will make in upcoming posts and they way they present, they withdraw, and set their own guidelines for posting in order to keep posters interested.

Both their responses are very similar, very vague and what they miss in the details ruin their credibility.

They are Semi Colloquial. Semi vague, Semi Professional - the perfect mix for a Hoax. Now before any one can say this 'could be any one' please refer to the actual structures and presentation of their stories I am refering not, the actual words or the way they talk so much. The Dead give away is in the structures and presentations as mentioned above and also will be mentioned below.

it's this one quote (one of many really) by Titor and Boulder that made me realize these are very similar...

Here is a small example of Titors quote

I have nothing to sell, and there is nothing I want anyone to do. For all other time travelers out there, I have no tests for you and I would enjoy discussing your feelings and experiences after the war. To everyone else, while I’m here, I am very interested in your philosophy, religious outlooks and speculations on technology......

...In the last few months, I have had numerous extended conversations online and there are quite a few things I’ve said which can easily be checked out but haven’t. I get no pleasure out of being right when it comes to CJD disease, war in the Middle East or suffering people in far away lands. There’s nothing like the look on someone’s face when you tell them 100,000 people will be dead tomorrow. In my travels, I have discovered that most people really don’t want to know about the future because if its different than what they want it ticks them off. Actually, I don’t blame them.

www.anomalies.net...

Now look at this quote by BoulderMD

As I stated before I have no intention of posting his other predictions nor will I post any "that's what he predicted!" responses. I'm still debating about whether to say anything if/when I see his next three events occur......

.....I can only imagine the type of information a person like yourself has read on a forum like this. I can't say that I empathize because I'm not generally one given to belief in anything other than science and the empirical. If I find that I feel comfortable posting more I will.

I will say this, I'll post something next week. It won't be a prediction or commentary after the fact however.

And to the person who mentioned working with TBI patients, I've also seen the "hot" issue come up once before. This was particularly puzzling given the negative CT.

See the similarities in the writing styles?
Both have a similar structures, ''I cant admit what I know, but when it does happen you will know'' style.
They both wont release any details, but give other vague misleading details that at the same clarify their existence TODAY but nothing to prove they would ever exist in the future or these events would occur. We seem to link any vague similarities to these theories as being legitimate proof.

The grammar used is identical, the response are identical. I suggest, every one take a moment and...

Read the BoulderMD thread here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

And read Titors Thread ( the first 5 or so posts particular ive found)...
www.anomalies.net...

The similarities seem uncanny, the writing styles and in particular the structure and response format and style. I haven't gone to the effort of posting my examinations on the structures but it is easy to comprehend once you read both threads/ Either they are the same posters, or influenced by each other. My personal belief is not for the latter.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by q_ball]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Must also be noted that, both posters have disappeared and have made NO attempt at resurfacing. The introductions and conclusions are very much the same.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Interesting. I'm not up on the whole John Titor thing but have noticed from the little bit of research I have done that Titor has managed to create a vast amount of controversy around this name. I have also noticed we have two threads born out of MD's original.

I do see the similarities in writing styles and I will spend some more time on Titor..so far I do not believe a word of his suppossed time travels.

What hit me when reading MD's account was his need for accounts and verification. I immediatley thought of a black ops fishing expedition. Wasn't Titor black ops from the future?

BTW..starred and flagged..as much as I don't want to contribute to the growth of another Titor I am seriously bothered by MD's story.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
whats happening with the T&C "investigation" ??

ahh who cares?

the internet is full of freaks and weirdos...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Also note the ironies in the opening posts of both BoulderMD and also Titor

Here is Boulder...

That should at least go some distance in giving me a smattering of credibility. As for the account that I am about to relate, I can offer no proof. I can only tell you what happened.

And Titor.

Also, I realize there is no way for anyone to believe me with absolute certainty so I hope I'm at least entertaining. You may be interested to know that even in 2036, there are a large number of people who don’t believe in time travel. Are you sure the world is round?

Now they set out their own rules and basically answer their own questions...avoiding the obvious and using these so called rules or ''ethics'' basically to sway of the swarms of posters asking for more information also to keep posters interested and asking for more despite more and more vague answers.

See below...

Titor...

Although this will make me a far less interesting time traveler, these are the rules I personally try to hold to:

1. I will not disclose any information that will cause someone to personally gain by its knowledge. This means no stock or sports tips.

2. I will not disclose any detailed information that would allow someone to avoid death by probability. This means no earthquake or bomb information.

3. I will not disclose any information that may compromise any future actions by individual people or threaten their family and well-being. I will not disclose names or events associated with individuals.

And BoulderMD

Because of HIPPA regulations I cannot reveal any information that may relate to his/her identity...

AND

I can offer no further detail regarding the patient other than to say he made quite an impression on us...

...As I stated before I have no intention of posting his other predictions nor will I post any "that's what he predicted!" responses. I'm still debating about whether to say anything if/when I see his next three events occur.

I can promise you this - I'm not here to be sensationalistic or to cause a scene. I sincerely want to hear from others that may have had this experience

Then they being the ''give a bit'' and ''withdraw'' style posts began to make sure posters don't loose interest...

BoulderMD (gives a bit)

I suppose it doesn't look like much to "reveal" a prediction after the fact, but one thing he predicted involved the Somali president Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed and an attack on his plane. When I saw the results of the Democratic nomination results tonight I quickly Googled recent news of the Somali president and found his description to be fully accurate.

AND keeps the posters coming for more...

I have no plans of talking about his other predictions, but if the first three occur then I may be compelled to talk about the remaining events. Again, I'm still convicted that this may be fruitless for me to discuss beforehand.

and now Titor Style..

Give a bit...

As far as the future goes, your worldline is about 2.5% different than mine. This is a roughly cumulative measurement based on my arrival in 1975. As far as I can tell right now, you are headed toward the same events I would call “my history” in 2036. However, the very nature of time travel states that every worldline is unique and you are very much in control of what you do and how you get there. Heck, the fact that I’m here makes it different from mine.

......After the war, the main problem was distribution. Can anyone tell me how many companies in the United States still manufacture bicycle tires today? Anyone who still has a bike in 2008 will find out

(1) Industrialized mass production does not produce the uncountable tonnage of useless consumer items so gleefully absorbed by your society. I would estimate there are about 10 units like mine (C204) and twenty larger units (C206). The main difference is the sensitivity and number of the main Cesium clocks. I would estimate that some sort of public time travel will be common around 2045.

(2) I’m not aware of any other time traveler’s “here” now. But if they are here, I’m sure they’re pouring over sports history books so they can go back in time another week and start a friendly conversation on the web.

(3) The “Mad Cow” story here is yet to begin but don’t worry, the fruited jellitine deserts are safe.

(4) I’m glad to see it’s so easy for to dismiss the Middle East. Yes, I suppose it is a no brainer but pretty soon it will be a “no arrmer” and a “no legger”.

And Now...keeps them coming for more (Titor)

Therefore, any “prediction” I might make has a slight chance of being incorrect anyway and you now have the ability to act on it based on what I’ve said. Can you stop the war before it gets here? Sure. Will you do it? Probably not.

Waco, Ruby Ridge and Elian exist in your news archives. Telling you about impending place crashes or other disasters (provided I could give you exact dates and times) may save lives at one point but cause cascading changes that take others at a later point.

Now this is not a debunk titor thread, just pointing out similarities. Though Titor did post more responses to questions, however most being very vague and rhetoric in nature revealing nothing at all and did provide more evidence. This could have occurred with BoulderMD however thread was closed before he could do this, he, like titor provided basic and vague (again) photo evidence. So if the thread had continued would have given us more clarification on the poster and perhaps similarities.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
oh geez. there are only so many ways to put words and sentences together, particularly in expositionary writing. someone also accused me of writing like BoulderMD in my first topic here. does that mean i sounded like titor too?

*edit: ok so i'm not sure expositionary is a real word...brain not in gear yet.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

I understand that, i dont want to contribute to more titor stuff either, but its just such a peculiar coincidence that these are so similar in so many ways. If Boudler was not closed it would have gone in a similar format, would have still been interesting to see where it would have gone...but Titor has come and gone, along with many others im sure, therefore ATS posters are quick to smell something fishy and begin debunking! I also doubt BoulderMD will be returning to post after this, i think his efforts where shunned when his thread got shut down

Also some one said earlier, it showed his as online at one stage, so he's been on obviously reading about these threads and laughing at all the believers dying to hear a message about the future!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yes, but its the structures that make it uncanny, look at way they post, structure and word..very similar! like a DIY guide to net Hoax's they have or some thing...

Also Im just pointing out these facts to ATS posters....whether or not they are valid will be proven very shortly. Even though i contributed to debunking Boulder already amongst the other users also, these may help further prove this Hoax, or for believers if they can front with effective evidence prove his existence even more and maybe even titors in the process....

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
OK, firstly, I'm not trying to derail this thread at all, but seriously... we could compare writing styles ALL DAY LONG and come up withthe same evidence.

Please, take the time and compare MD's writing style with MORE than just Titor. Try someone we KNOW is not MD or Titor. There are many ATS members that are articulate in their writing style and could be comparable to Titor or MD. Try it out for yourself. I, personally, don't feel like wasting the time... I just feel that this should've been done BEFORE posting this thread.

To me, this is pointing out that "Look! That guy has the same nose as George Bush... and a similar suit! IT MUST BE BUSH!"
Does that make sense? If you take a step back, that's about what this thread is like.

I could give the same argument that about 6 or 7 posters on ATS MUST BE THE SAME PERSON! All based on their erratic writing style.

can you tell what members i'm talking about?!?

CAN YOU???

i WILL NOT CALL YOU A FILTHY HACK!!!

because I am not that
kind of person!

but i had to put that there because

i NEEDED A BOLD LINE!!!!11!!

to illustrate point.

but I think you needs to look at things more

OBJECTIVELY!!!

Thank you for your time

Sorry, that was actually kinda fun writing that. But can you see my point? I knew a thread was going to pop up sooner or later with the claims asserted here. I guess it was inevitable.

Just my opinion,
~Earthscum

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Like i have told the poster previous to you, its about the structures being used by both posters not the words...the words are different obviously, the structures presented in the writing are very much identical and the way the story is presented is Identical.

Pay attention to these factors before you post saying ''oh any one can write that way'' etc etc

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Actually, people have been convicted of criminal offences beased on an examination of written language and their style of writing. When I get into work tomorrow I think I'll print off the first few posts of the Titor and BoulderMD threads and do a proper linguistic analysis of them.

Earthscum, it is a fact that people can be identified by their writing style. End of story. I see what you're trying to say, but alas, you are wrong.

It'll pass some time in work for me. LOL

Peace,

MSP

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Another thing I would like to state: By debunking MD right off the bat, what incentive does he have to come back and finish up? You and others have already stated that you don't believe him, and he's probably got the idea that you won't believe no matter WHAT kind, or how much evidence he gives you.

You ran him off already, IMHO. Whether he was being truthful or not, I feel he isn't going to come back and will probably just hold on to his 'secret' for fear of someone else calling him crazy or a liar.

If you had something important to say, and people started saying that you are just lying, a hoaxer, whatever... would you feel more inclined to prove it to people that take nothing as valid evidence? Walk a mile in his shoes, please. Even if he does turn out to be a hoaxer... the best way to call him out would've been "Hmm... interesting... tell us more..." NOT "HOAX! This guy is OBVIOUSLY hoaxing! GIVE US PROOF!"... it's all about strategy. Play it smart, not like someone who will accept no less than his/her OWN experience as fact.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Earthscum]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

dude... I posted STRUCTURE. Broken up lines, spaces in between each sentence. My point was to illustrate that there are at least 5 members who write in this same structure.

I'm gonna just say it now, instead of trying to be the nice guy like I was... DON'T BE A JERK, YOU GOT NOTHING!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by more_serotonin_pls

ok, I'll give you the benifit of the doubt and wait until you get back with info from a real linguistics expert.

Thank you for taking that time and incentive.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Earthscum,

Why don't you calm down? You are acting somewhat irrationally, it must be said.

I happen to think that there may be something in what q_ball has to say and I'm going to get on with looking at it tomorrow.

I think what Q_Ball is talking about is certain aspects of grammar, graphology, pragmatics, etc.

Anyone can write in broken up lines, but it's the way those words are put together within those lines, coupled with any use of punctuation etc that can determine a lot more than a mere attempt at mimicing can.

edited coz I just read your previous post. Cheers.

Peace,

MSP

[edit on 8-6-2008 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by more_serotonin_pls

Actually, people have been convicted of criminal offences beased on an examination of written language and their style of writing. When I get into work tomorrow I think I'll print off the first few posts of the Titor and BoulderMD threads and do a proper linguistic analysis of them.

Earthscum, it is a fact that people can be identified by their writing style. End of story. I see what you're trying to say, but alas, you are wrong.

It'll pass some time in work for me. LOL

Peace,

MSP

Good Work
Cant wait to see the results, you can U2U me or post them up!

And as for Earthscum

Another thing I would like to state: By debunking MD right off the bat, what incentive does he have to come back and finish up? You and others have already stated that you don't believe him, and he's probably got the idea that you won't believe no matter WHAT kind, or how much evidence he gives you.

You ran him off already, IMHO. Whether he was being truthful or not, I feel he isn't going to come back and will probably just hold on to his 'secret' for fear of someone else calling him crazy or a liar.

If you had something important to say, and people started saying that you are just lying, a hoaxer, whatever... would you feel more inclined to prove it to people that take nothing as valid evidence? Walk a mile in his shoes, please. Even if he does turn out to be a hoaxer... the best way to call him out would've been "Hmm... interesting... tell us more..." NOT "HOAX! This guy is OBVIOUSLY hoaxing! GIVE US PROOF!"... it's all about strategy. Play it smart, not like someone who will accept no less than his/her OWN experience as fact.

As i mentioned above, as it seems you didnt read my posts properly, the thread was closed. People where debunking titor but he kept on posting as the thread wasnt closed. Also titor seemed to be the first or most noted of his type to appear. Since then im sure copy cats and alike have come about, therefore our patience to deal with them has diminished. Also m,ods closing the thread didnt help, but if BoulderMD was serious he would have U2U one of the believers or Johnny Anonymous to continue his story or prove his existence

And like mentioned above, writing styles gets people in prison. This therefore is the last post of yours that I will respond to Earthscum, as your posts are appearing illogical and off topic about now.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
q-ball, sorry about that, but PLEASE, could you be a bit more objective about it? Do this for yourself... go through ATS and see how many people have the same writing style, structure, or whatever you are using for evidence. I'm willing to bet that there are others that exhibit the same style, and according to the case you are building, may ALSO be BoulderMD. You never know, you may find someone on ATS is actually BOTH Titor and MD... it's just annoying, because, like I tried to argue before, just 1 or 2 similarities (in this case, writing structure) is inconclusive at this point. It's like saying someone is guilty just because they have a deep voice like the suspect, but nothing else to back up that evidence... it's just circumstantial at the moment, and you could find MANY other people in the same area that can fit that one clue.

I hope you understand what I'm saying.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thanks serotonin for the upcoming analysis. The use of language does show some similarities but my interest is in the intent or motive hidden with in the language. I have been learning a lot about our governments interest in gifted minds..stargate stuff, but beyond in that they employ a much different tact in finding the needed talent. Anytime I see or hear someone spinning a yarn whether true or not about remote viewing every alarm in my mind gets set off.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
And like mentioned above, writing styles gets people in prison. This therefore is the last post of yours that I will respond to Earthscum, as your posts are appearing illogical and off topic about now.

See, I DO understand that, but that isn't the ONLY thing that gets a person convicted. All it does is backs up the rest of the 'circumstantial' evidence that has been shown before. There hasn't really been anything else to back up claims of hoax just yet. So, if this comes out to be a match, it's just circumstantial evidence until something more can be proven. It's called building a case, but you seem to only be using this writing structure as the ultimate and damning evidence.

I mean, at least you're trying, but you're looking down only one peephole, so to speak. Build a bigger case.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

I understand what your saying, but listen to what im saying this is the last time im going to type this.

The presentation of the arguments, the mere way they structure the story..not just the way they articulate their words...

The way they suck you into their story, the way they give clues to their so called experiences (time travel or future seeing patient etc) and the way they present their evidence, set their own guidelines and responses intentionally ignore all other questions.......post clue then withdraw, let posts build up then re appear. Im aware the BoulderMD got cut off early, but im saying what he did post, in the way he posted, kept the clues coming and drew people in, and also some of the wording coincidently (as you mentioned) is similar to Titors (and perhaps other ATS posters) but words used makes up 10% if my point..its the structures they used to tell their story..whether in japanese or english...any one can see the similarites of both stories and the styles adopted by both coincidently too..

and you keep on referring to ATS posters...do ATS posters write hoaxes like this openly and use these structures? they may use the same tone, but they dont tell stories this way.

It goes beyond what your saying in terms of structure,

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join