It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA chief: China will beat us back to the moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
NASA chief: China will beat us back to the moon

CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (AP) -- The Soviets beat the United States at getting a satellite, and a man, into space. Now, the Chinese may get to the moon before the U.S. can make a return visit.

Chinese astronaut Fei Junlong exits the re-entry capsule of Shenzhou VI, China's second manned spacecraft.

Fifty years after Sputnik became the world's first artificial satellite, a new race is under way with the finish line on the moon. NASA, the former lunar champion, already is predicting defeat.

"I personally believe that China will be back on the moon before we are," NASA Administrator Michael Griffin said in a low-key lecture in Washington two weeks ago, marking the space agency's 50th anniversary, still a year away.

it is a very costly project,dont know wether it's worth it.

mod edit: cut down quote and changed to external quotes, added quote source.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I wonder what China's plans for the Moon are. They might get a person or a lander there before us, but when we go we are planning to stay full time. Beyond that NASA plans to use the Moon as a testbed for emergent technologies that would be used for a mission to Mars.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Griffin's candor startled many in the space community

All I can say is WOW!

So the US no longer has what it takes?

OMG

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Buzz Aldrin agree's, saying that in the future "people on the moon will speak Chinese."

www.revver.com...

It is interesting to note that he is on the board of directors for "Gravwave, LLC", a company founded by Dr. Robert Baker, the "King" of anti-grav research.

Moreoever, Dr. Baker (along with his team, such as Giovanni Modanese) are working alongside China to develop the High Frequency Gravitational Wave technology that might put China on the moon without rocket technology.

www.gravwave.com...&GRAVWAVE%20Joint%20HFGW%20Project.pdf

i have other info on him here.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I say let's do away with NASA
and let the market decide about how we exploit I mean explore space!

top topics

join