It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doritos...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Is it just me or do they all basically taste the same? Hmmm...you have won this battle Dorito....but you have not won the war....i'm onto your conspiracy...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Can you be more specific? Do all Doritos flavors taste the same? Do all Doritos in the same bag taste the same? Do the Doritos particles on your fingers taste like Doritos? Is this Doritosology? Are you a Doritosologist? I'm thinking this must be some kind of conspiracy...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by queenT

lmfao

I don't even eat Doritos anymore, I knew something was up hmph!
Please report back on your findings there Mad

[edit on 8-6-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I mean all doritos that are supposed to be different flavors....they all seem to taste the same to me. I dunno maybe its just me.

[edit on 6/8/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well im with you on the dorito conspiracy!!!..... a few years back the cheese and cool original flavour had ''not suitable for vegetarians'' now they dont have that statement? what do they state over in usa, cos im the uk..... i dont trust them.. hahaha....

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
I mean all doritos that are supposed to be different flavors....they all seem to taste the same to me. I dunno maybe its just me.

[edit on 6/8/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

It's not the doritos, The conspiricy lies within the person licking all the flavour off your doritos. So who follows you around licking your dorito's before you gewt to them?

Something to think about.

Personally I like the flavours of dorito's and their all different.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hahaha...I almost busted a gut laughing at this. I actually did some searching on this...er...googling if you will...and came across this article...it seems I am not the only one who thinks this...and some are quite angry about it like this guy:

I have discovered the secret to Doritos supremacy in the flavored corn-tortilla chip kingdom...They have achieved dominance by making only two kinds of chips, but packaging and selling those flavors under dozens of different names for decades.

Let me break down their brilliance for you. In the beginning, Doritos’ Genesis if you will, there were Nacho Cheese and Cool Ranch. Then some genius in a marketing meeting said “Hey, we need to grow this brand, so let’s make Nacho Cheesier and Cooler Ranch instead of, uh… Nacho Cheese and Cool Ranch”. Well, that only worked for a little while, but the Pandora’s box of giving new names to the same original two flavors had been opened and there was no going back...

From the two grandfather flavors, Doritos has birthed an army of bastard child variations whose enticing names seem to promise a meal’s worth of flavors...

I realize that my theory may come across as hard to believe, but I have supporting evidence: the Doritos flavors list. If a chip is cheesy with a little heat, it falls into the Nacho family. These flavors include Nacho Chees(ier), Wild White Nacho, Spicy Nacho, Taco, Fiery Habanero, Black Pepper Jack, and Smokin Cheddar BBQ. Is there really a difference between any of the THREE types of ‘Nacho’ Doritos and the ‘Taco’ flavor, much less a difference between the three variations on Nacho? Not all Doritos fall into this category. If a chip is creamy with some added spice (flavor, not necessarily heat), it falls into the Ranch family. Cool(er) Ranch, Ranchero, Salsa Verde, and Blazin Buffalo & Ranch all fit the bill here. I think that Doritos is getting a little too forward with this strategy with their latest creation, Collisions, which combines two flavors in one bag. The flavors are Zesty Taco (clearly of Nacho lineage) and Chipotle Ranch (of Ranch lineage). What was Frito-Lay thinking; let’s not put all our eggs in one basket gentleman. Doritos fans can now just purchase one bag, and get both grandfather flavors, which is a big step back for Doritos...

Of course, not literally ALL flavors of Doritos fall into the two categories. I mean, haven’t you ever heard of Guacamole, Smokey Red BBQ, or Pizza Cravers Doritos? Of course you haven’t, because they’re all long discontinued flavors. One’s immediate reaction to such a list of discontinued flavors would likely be that the flavors were yanked because they were neither very good nor popular. Not true my friends. Guacamole was once a favorite flavor of mine, and it was often not in stock at my local 7-11 (the Mecca of Doritos) due to its rampant popularity. Guacamole got axed, like many flavors before it, because it is not a derivative of one of the grandfather flavors. Unique flavors are more expensive, so Guacamole had to say ‘Adios’.

Somewhere, in a corner office at Frito-Lay headquarters, there is a team of two guys whose job it is to create the new flavors for Doritos. One guy’s job is to sit there and think of a new permutation of either Nacho or Ranch tortilla chips. The others guy’s job is to just sit there and laugh at how stupid the stoners and fat kids are for buying the bags of the newest flavor, say Smokin’ Cheddar BBQ, and actually expecting to get something that tastes different than every other bag of Doritos. Well laugh away my man, because I’m just waiting for someone from Fox News to read this #ing post and totally bust your ass for the biggest scam in the history of the flavored corn-tortilla chips industry...

The Biggest Scam in the History of the Flavored Corn Tortilla Chip Industry

Its funny that I found this article because it is totally what I was thinking. I'm glad I found some backup here besides ATS. haha.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Hahaha.....thats hilarius! someone needs to get this guy a packet of guacomole dortios pronto!.... i love his passion!!

[edit on 8-6-2008 by cosmicstorm]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Ah. In the UK the main flavours are Cheese, cool original and a fairly new spicy one. Tehn there are dorito's dip chips which are plain (unflavoured) and lime, there may be one or two more, but we don't get all those ones listed in that quote, I guess they are only U.S versions.

The UK ones all taste different.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I hate the regular flat doritos but I love the 'puffed' doritos. Why is that? Is it the puffiness?

Rush

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

im more of a pringles person
shame they stopped doing the dips

anyhow they dont taste the same
org are the best (blue pack)

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I LOVE pringles! Oh yeah, and sunchips. Yum. Oh, and bugles. (licking lips now)

Rush

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
We have 3 main flavours of Doritioes in Australia. Original, Cheese Supreme and Nacho Cheese. Each taste completely different. Cheese Supreme is more cheesier, Nacho Cheese is a lot spicier, and Original is a lot saltier.
There's also some Mexicana flavour. Don't care much for it.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It's weird that in other parts of the world they don't have but like 3 or 4 flavors of Doritos. I had no idea. I'm from the United States (don't everyone throw sharp objects at me all at once
) and we have like 10 different flavors of Doritos and they all taste either like "Nacho Cheesier Doritos" or "Cooler Ranch" Doritos. Seriously. The dude that posted that article that I quoted from above is not joking. Its rediculous. Yeah, I like my Doritos...so sue me.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
My mouth is watering! I hadn’t had a snack in a long time. Licking off the hot stuff from off a Doritos, well, is never the same, my friend. Of course, the Cool Ranch flavor will do anytime. [I’m hungry!]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I think the mexican ones taste different, but the cheese flavours all taste the same, some are just 'stronger' than others in flavour.

Maybe they're different in Australia though. I just use them to make extremely unhealthy nachos... Delicious but deadly.

It is weird we don't get many flavours though. Want an example of this? Look up Mountain Dew in googleAU, using australian only pages or something. We don't have all these other crazy types of Mountain Dew and it has no caffine. I might be wrong about the US version having caffine though, somebody would need to clarify that...

I can't say I miss it having caffine but I wish we had the other flavours, they look awesome.

[edit on 9/6/08 by Duality]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
if you think the Cool ranch doritos, and the hot habenareo doritos taste the same....

Then you need to get your head straight....

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
dude, are you Jay Leno?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

funny enough when i worked in retail
when i served US customers they would tell me that chocolate from the US sucked compared to that in the UK

same with chrisps

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
if you think the Cool ranch doritos, and the hot habenareo doritos taste the same....

Then you need to get your head straight....

Obviously you didn't read anything I wrote or you would have read that there are 2...countem 2 grandfather flavors of Dorito. And the Cool ranch and Hot Habenero Doritos are in separate categories. The cool ranch is a grandfather flavor and the hot habenero flavor falls under the Nacho Cheese category.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join