It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Size It Please

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think the reasons Americans are fatter than the rest of the world, is because their portions are bigger.

I think Mcdonalds can do w/e they dam well please, theyre not part of the government. Its not like they OWE us the supersize option. If you really want more fries that bad, just get another order. I would take supersize off the menu if so many people sued me for being fat, too.

Anyways, I dont eat fast food, so it doesnt matter to me.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
It's good to see some corporate responsability considering it is a product packed full of heart attack juice already.

Most people connot control their habitual intake or lifestyle, as cigarettes have clearly demonstrated.

I really don't think corporate responsibility has much to do with it.
1. they will make more money this way.

2. they HAVE to be aware of this movie Super Size Me

Spurlock, a tall New Yorker of usually cast-iron constitution, made himself the guinea pig in this dogged investigation into the effects of fast food on the body. He ate only at McDonald's for a month - three meals, every day - and took a camera crew along to record it. If a server offered to super-size his order, he was obliged to accept - and to ingest everything, gherkins and all.

Neither Spurlock, 33, nor the three doctors who agreed to monitor his health during the experiment were prepared for the degree of ruin it would wreak on his body. Within days, he was vomiting up his burgers and battling with headaches and depression. And his sex drive vanished.

When Spurlock had finished, his liver, overwhelmed by saturated fats, had virtually turned to pate. "The liver test was the most shocking thing," said Dr Daryl Isaacs, who joined the team to watch over him. "It became very, very abnormal."

Spurlock put on nearly 12kg over the period and his cholesterol level leapt from a respectable 165 to 230. He told the New York Post: "I got desperately ill. My face was splotchy and I had this huge gut, which I've never had in my life ... It was amazing - and really frightening." And his girlfriend, a vegan chef? "She was completely disgusted by me," he said.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Wow, thanks for the link, I hadnt heard about that movie.

But it only proves what seems to be already obvious.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yes, it illuminates the obvious, but more importantly, it sticks it in the foreground of thinking.

It SHOULD be obvious to everyone, but again, some are not that bright. Seems to me that anyone who couldn't figure out that a two patty greesy half meat burger with cheese, a 42 oz coke and a literal vat of oiled up french fries is not healthy in the least, should just be ignored for the intellectual midget they are.

They need help and pity.

Actually, and this will sicken you, but I have seen some fellow parents do this:

Monday-McDonalds
Tuesday-KFC
Wednesday-Burger King
Thursday-Taco Bell
Friday-Pizza night! Domino's
Saturday-Fend for yourselves night
Sunday-Microwave dinners (Hungry man).

They get it and eat it on plates at the dinner table then wonder why they are fat and complain that they can not seem to get their weight under control.

Their kids are fat and they do not seem to notice.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Yes, it illuminates the obvious, but more importantly, it sticks it in the foreground of thinking.

It SHOULD be obvious to everyone, but again, some are not that bright. Seems to me that anyone who couldn't figure out that a two patty greesy half meat burger with cheese, a 42 oz coke and a literal vat of oiled up french fries is not healthy in the least, should just be ignored for the intellectual midget they are.

I choose it call it part of the dumbing down of America.
Why would McDonalds sell food that is bad for me? Why would my govt give me the USDA pyramid if it was bad for me?
And, it's not just fast food restaurants!! Did you ever stop to notice how little real, whole foods there are in the supmarket. outside of the produce and meat section. Prett scary.
What a poor sheeple to do?????

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Its good that there gettng rid of the super size as your average Big Mac n Fries takes 2hrs of none stop running on the tred mill to burn it off. I stoped eating Mc Donalds 8 month ago and not had any since but they still entice you to eat there by putting the salad range on the menu so its a no win situation .

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
YEa its bad there takin away our choice. But do do see some good in this i mean if it can drop our freakin fat % fpr the contry to below 50% im for it. ITs pretty bad when the majority of the people in america are fat.If you think about it to look at the majority of people that are fat. We do need to do somethings about the increase of obecity in america and we need to do it within the decade. Not only is it better for the fat people it make the country as a whole look good.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It's not only the fat that is the problem.
If you had thata burger without a bun, a small fries, a salad with vinigarette and brewed ice tea, you would be eating a far more healthy meal.

What's wrong with America's diet is not so much the fat---it is more the cheap filler!!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I can't stand eating fast food...if I must, I will order a grilled chicken, and toss the bun out, just eat the chicken...then maybe a salad, baked potato, or chili if it is burger king or wendys. I never eat fries, unless its the good ones at the BBQ place I sometimes go to, have to enjoy yourself occasionally, but not go overboard. I also haven't eaten mcdonalds in so long I can't remember the last time I went there. And, I only drink milk or water. Sugared drinks/soda I will have a few sips maybe once a month. just gotta have some will power and not buy into all this # that they market to you.

and I think its really pathetic, that if I am out somewhere with friends or family, and dont get some junk food to eat because it's bad for me, they will say "oh, thats not healthy, that you only eat such and such foods"
Oh ok, maybe because you are so used to americans gorging themselves on deep fried # all day long, I'd rather make myself a protein shake than split a bucket of KFC thank you very much.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hey, Shoktek, thanks for agreeing with me.

I was beginning to think I was almost alone in thinking the accepted American "diet" was largely to blame for myriad health problems for a large # of the citizens in America.

Curse you, USDA

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i say:

screw mcdonalds! (except for mcflurries...mmmm...mcflurries.....)

AND

screw atkins! (this diet is for people who do nothing, if you are athletic, carbs are the best thing for you..stup)

***it is stupid to think that there is any way to lose weight other than eating less***

i dont really care about them taking away the super size menu anyway, i never had that extra quarter...."just onnnnnneeeeeee more quarter...."

SCREW YOU DRIVE THRU MAN! YOURE THE REASON IM OBESE!

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
i love fast food joints only for the fact that they are FAST food, not necessarily "good for you food" but when your hungry and on the go, these places are the best to get a meal and quick. McDonalds obviously can't be good for you after that movie/documentary about that guy that ate nothing but mcdonalds for 30 days. It just makes me mad that they are going to take away the supersize option. let us choose what we want!!

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Mickey Dee's is probably loosing their @ss somehow on not chargin enough for their supersize fries. This whole thing so stupid. Maybe they are counting on america becoming outraged that we can no longer supersize our Big Macs, then theyll bring the option back and charge 20% more.
McDonalds Sucks Anyway!!! Whataburger is much BETTER

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by chrisnolefan]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I really hate fast food myself, the only thing i like is wendys, but i rarely go there too. One time i went on vacation to florida, well, everyday i ate mcdonalds or wendys, i thought i was going to gain weight on this trip as thats all i ever ate for 15 days. i came back home and found out i actually lost 3 lbs.. i know my metabolism is fast but still, eating fast food for 15 days in a row should of made me gain some weight..

it's not only fast food though, you have to watch your sugar intake, i'd always get ice tea or something if i could. i really don't like soda, or sweets for that matter.
Since i cut down on my sugars over 2 years ago i can't eat an oreo without feeling sick. those things are like pure sugar! but thats off topic now

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
You surely don't think they changed for the good of the regular people. People will eat the same they just will have to pay more for it. Thus adding to Mc's profit margin

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yeah I moved up here to Illinois from an army base in Texas and anyways, the people down there well we never went to any fast food place but up here mcdonalds is like their life blood, I gained weight cause I actually started to like it. Then I discovered a solution.

The special K diet, by god it works, two bowls a day and Ive lost 15 pounds over the last month.

And Im talking about the cereal not Ketamine.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PEACEMONGER
You surely don't think they changed for the good of the regular people. People will eat the same they just will have to pay more for it. Thus adding to Mc's profit margin

you've got a good point there, they can 'claim' that it is for the good of the american public, but just want to make more money. hmmm..... something to think about.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by smilingsarah82

Originally posted by PEACEMONGER

you've got a good point there, they can 'claim' that it is for the good of the american public, but just want to make more money. hmmm..... something to think about.

Oh, and I think they are also trying to diffuse that 30-day movie. When that get an audience, it will give Mickey D a bad rap.
They have successfully diffused it before the movie go off the ground. And, yeah they make more $$$$$.
A WIN-WIN for McDonalds

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Has there been a set release date for the movie as of yet?
I looked, but couldn't find anything but a vague spring release date.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisnolefan
Mickey Dee's is probably loosing their @ss somehow on not chargin enough for their supersize fries. This whole thing so stupid. Maybe they are counting on america becoming outraged that we can no longer supersize our Big Macs, then theyll bring the option back and charge 20% more.
McDonalds Sucks Anyway!!! Whataburger is much BETTER

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by chrisnolefan]

Oh, I think they are making plenty already. Potatoes and flour are CHEAP filler. Huge profit margin.
I think they get rid of supersize, pretend to do it for our health. People now have to buy the extra stuff, they make more $$. So, we happily give them more to salve some consciences.
People will continue to eat too much as long as the govt (USDA) has its weid pyramid.

BTW,do they even use real beef from steers, or beef from some old cow who can't give milk anymore. It tastes like no beef I would serve my family.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join