It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi PM assures Iran on security

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Iraqi PM assures Iran on security

news.bbc.co.uk

Iraq will not allow its territory to be used to attack Iran, Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki has said during a visit to Tehran.

He was speaking after meeting Iran's foreign minister and is later due to meet President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.house.gov
www.cfr.org

[edit on 8-6-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
And this is exactly what the US gets for trying to undermine, blatantly their national sovereignty. They want us out and here's the proof.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit to add National Intelligence Estimate on Iran's Nuclear Capabilities:

www.dni.gov...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

How is that "proof" that they want us out?
They say "i dont want to anger Iran"

thats not saying "I want america out now!"

if they wanted America out - they'd say get the hell out.

atleast in my, and billions of others, opinion.
If you want America out, thats fine. But dont speak for Iraq they can speak for themselves.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ybab hsur

How is that "proof" that they want us out?
They say "i dont want to anger Iran"

thats not saying "I want america out now!"

if they wanted America out - they'd say get the hell out.

atleast in my, and billions of others, opinion.
If you want America out, thats fine. But dont speak for Iraq they can speak for themselves.

Did you go through the rest of the links? If not I urge you to do so. They want us out. And this is just a move to strengthen their stance.

Edit to add this thread as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

They discuss some of the stuff in the other 3 links I provided, but from different sources.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Can't really blame them can you?

All that time spend by the allies planning and scheming in how to obtain control of that area, it's oil resources and increase 1st strike moves on invisible enemies should have been spend in building up a social structure and a national defense instead.
Education, support in manpower and then teach them how to repeat and maintain that process themselves.

How long does it take to complete a basic high standard military education? Back when you sent your boys to die in wwII many of them only had basic training and still came out on top. Why shouldn't the same be true for the Iraqis...

I hope that this statement will prove to the Iraqis that they do have a say for themselves no matter what the allies tells them or tries to blackmail em to do.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Here, here. The problem is, our empire building habit is beginning to shake our foundations loose...We're top heavy and we're coming down because of it. Bush has nailed the coffin shut on America, and he's stupid enough to bury the world in the next plot over. This has got to stop. We cannot afford to build and maintain an empire abroad and hope to achieve stability and prosperity in the US. No, I can't blame them. If they agree to Bush's term they will loose any sense of national identity left over after the sectarian bloodbath. The American propaganda machine will see to it.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

''Iraq will not allow its territory to be used in an attack against Iran ''

Are you freakin kidding me?

is Malaki going to just stand sqaure at Bush and Cheney and say NO, you cannot use Iraq in a really forecful tone?

Saddam couldnt stop Bush from enforcing his will, what chance does an American trained Iraqi Army have in refusing to do what America wants?

If there is a war between the US and Iran, Iraq soliders will be the
'cheap-solider' the US needs to avoid a draft.
All they need is a significant event that will rally Iraqi's BACK around the iraqi flag against a common enemy, Iran.

IT will be easier for the US to control the Iraqi-media and news services with a false flag event in Iraq, one leaving no doubt.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

This is true. But now the US can;t pull that crap. It won't fly. The Iraqi parliament and al Malaki are both pro-Iran, largely. The Iranians know this and won't attack Iraqi's. This sends a clear message that the affairs of Iraq are their own and they want it that way. And in a broader sense, the middle east as a whole...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Hopefully the rest of the world will oppose to this too. If not through our corrupt and back padding leaders then atleast through the voice of the individual.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The Iraqis like Iran for the most part because it helps them morally and military against the foreign invader. If they have to chose between america and Iran, they will chose Iran.

This is disgusting that the US want 50 military bases there. DISGUSTING. Even if we knew it all along that the plan was to stay there at least 30 years.

If China would invade us because we elected a moran, and we did, and say they liberated us, and planned to install 50 military bases, I would be pissed off and if I had the choice between China and Canada/Mexico/US, I would chose those who didn't invaded me.

50 military bases is quite huge. Imagine 50 military bases in California... that's the same thing.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Same thing with the insurgency. It would be un-American for us not to become "insurgents" upon the invasion of my country..Despite how much I disagree with it right now(Pay attention people sentiment here is key), I would fight any foreign invader to the death. Anything less would be treason.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
First, the Iraq PM is a puppet of the American hegemony plan,
his elitefulness known as: al Maliki/'Marlarky" (in insightfull parlance)
is but a cabal of American orchestrated 'Pawns' comprising the fictional
Iraqi government... they are not a stand-alone entity !!!!

keep in mind that 'Marlarky' has an agenda to belly-up with the Shiites of Iran...so as to play a 'get out of here' policy to the USA invaders---
but not in such a blatent way so as to make him & others (in the Iraqi democracy) appear to be adversaries of the USA and friends with the Iranian power structure.

the 'Security Agreement' that the USA says will not threaten Iran ~
might or might not threaten Iran~...but that's the faith that Iraqi leaders have to accept----under the duress the USA is placing on Iraq & their elected? leaders

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

what makes people think that the Iraqis are stupid enough to fall for a US trick like that? Iran/Iraq majority shi

if the US even tried using Iraq to attack Iran it would have two fronts to fight on
since the Medhi amy would bring in its guns

and the Iraqi army would easily turn against the US (ironic the US would be fighting people it trained)

whole thing is a Joke
and the US is just showing its true colors to everyone except in HD

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have to wonder with 50 US military bases in Iraq if the whole purpose is to keep our nation on a constant low supply of military personnel.

With the way that our nations military installations has been turned into civilian/contractors offices is not room for soldiers anymore.

This take over has been going on for quite sometime, then the so call blackwater wants to claim old military bases for their use.

Very soon we will have no soldiers in our soil but just a bunch of mercenaries for hire pay under the US corporate American government.

Has anybody thought about this one yet?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I remember what happened when a another country tried to build bases that neighbored country...almost started a war then as well. I'm sure everyone remember the Cuban Missile Crisis

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

Precisely. We bitch and moan when others' try to do it to us, but it's perfectly fine for us to violate another's sovereignty, exploit them through a humiliating and bloody occupation, and then demand that they allow us to build and maintain a military presence in their country, to allow us to attack any country of our choosing from within their borders and without an ok from Parliament, and to police their citizens without their input. This is Nazi style crap, and I don't blame them for telling us to screw off.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm a dreamer, but this is how I want it to play out.

Obama and Malaky talk about how to get the U.S. out. Obama suggests to Malaky to make an announcement that his government is now able to respond to their domestic concerns and thanks to America we have our "victory" or "freedom" or some great sound byte for the MSM.
Obama can claim victory and our troops "ALL" come home.
In reality, Obama might tell Malaky, we are leaving, how do you want this to play out for you but we are leaving and I have to sell the American people that we didn't spend our blood and treasure for nothing.

I know some of you really want some dramatics to play out in Iran but their people and our people don't want it, can't afford it.

I also know that you think that the only money making game in town is war. True for some but the vast majority of money making companies will make "more" money if there is some peace and stability. Rising gas prices sure as hell doesn't help the majority of business'
If none of us can afford to buy more crap, who do they sell it to, how then do they make their money.
The geo-political dynamics is not some coordinated conspiricy. If it is, it has always been that way and those people dying at the age of 102 have been blissfully unaware.
I don't mean to get all optomistic on everyone, (that is a bad thing around here, unless of course it is about some 2nd coming of Christ or the Grey's to save us all from this burning hell aparently so many posters live in) but things have a way of working out.
Not paying for a war can't hurt the economy.
There will be no war in or with Iran.
If the time comes to take out a few strategic targets, it won't be any surprise to the other world governments and after a couple of anti American speeches by their politicians to make the people happy, we will all go back to work.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Iran is not like Iraq. They're not going to just fold to American aggression. It will be a bloody war I guarantee it.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Lets face it- America will be using Iraq to attack Iran whether it wants it or not. With all the corruption going on in our country you better believe this Iran attack is all planned out and Iraq cant do anything about it. Iraq is still in the middle of War- Bush is going to abuse his powers yet again. Obviously since we want to establish bases there, we're planning on going in...regardless of what Iraq says.

Technically, we're already there so I don't see why it wouldn't continue as planned...

[edit on 6/8/2008 by PimpyMcgibbins]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The problem is that this administration has been promising us and the Iraqis eventual autonomy and sovereignty. And now here we are try to undermine it, on top of erasing they're national identity, and telling them we will be putting their country in further danger by attacking Iran. The only thing standing in the way of an Iranian American war is the Iraqi parliament. Congress didn't even get a memo on the security deal, so you can argue the legality of it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join