It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and Religious Affiliations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I might not be the first person to bring this up, but is ATS being completely TROLLED by religious groups now a days?

I am a pretty regular visitor/poster. I sign on today and read a few articles and a bunch of them sound like they are trying to convert you to their religion! Specifically with the 2012 subject! I don't know how it got converted into a Christian day of reckoning against atheists/non-Christians but from what I understand this is B.C. calender scriptures of the Mayans which simply ends at December 2012.

You could all be crying wolf and the Mayans just didn't have a convenient way of going further into the calender. All things considered they lived 2000 years before it was going to occur - they probably didn't expect it to cause a complete widespread panic.

So Please, for the love of god. You can be Christian, believe in god (I do too), but don't push your religious values on people with scare tactics of eternal damnation. I don't understand why God would want us all to sit here screaming about our fates - isn't it pretty much under his control and his problem to deal with? If it's the end of humanity and we were created don't you think God would try and stop us from going extinct?

I just read about Angels coming down and killing 1/3 of humanity. That doesn't sound like what I picture Angels to be. I picture Angels to just be sweet spirits pure as water who want only the best for everyone. Why do Christians put these mixed views in our heads? To trick us into conforming out of fear of what our fates might be? Out of fear of death?

We should be very careful about this considering it's the same tactic that is fueling this war. We stay afraid of suspected terrorism, we continue to lose rights, and we continue to fund a failed war.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
you would be wise to take heed my friend,you too will stand before god one day....believe it or not...i think you miss the point,angels killing,oh it doesnt fit what you think...what you think,ever hear of the angel of death my friend,nevermind...your ears probably cant hear...by the way if you actually read the bible seeing as how you beleive in god and all,you would know what those scriptures are referring to

[edit on 8-6-2008 by pureevil81]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

Yeah, we'll all stand before God one day, and i hope he sends me back to Earth personally, I really like it here. But aside from that, your "Holy" rant is sort of put off by the fact you call yourself "PureEvil".

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
I might not be the first person to bring this up, but is ATS being completely TROLLED by religious groups now a days?

No... but it's not a common topic.

You could all be crying wolf and the Mayans just didn't have a convenient way of going further into the calender.

They also have dates later than that which are recorded. This is just the end of their great ceremonial calendar.

they probably didn't expect it to cause a complete widespread panic.

They weren't particularly concerned about other people. If things had continued the way that they were, the Mayans (if not overrun by the Aztecs) would have had a period of feasts and sacrifices.

And note that they failed to predict the end of their own civilization.

I just read about Angels coming down and killing 1/3 of humanity. That doesn't sound like what I picture Angels to be.

That's in the Book of Revelation, actually. Chapter 9, verse 15. You can look it up for yourself in numerous sources.

I picture Angels to just be sweet spirits pure as water who want only the best for everyone.

No offense intended here (I'm Pagan, so I don't have a dog in this fight), but have you actually read the WHOLE Bible? Cover to cover, without stopping -- as if it was a group of short books collected into one volume? Every study group I've seen focuses on verses or a part of a chapter and never on the whole book within the Bible. It's kind of eye-opening if you read it like you'd read a novel.

Why do Christians put these mixed views in our heads? To trick us into conforming out of fear of what our fates might be? Out of fear of death?

To convert people to save them... and "convert" means to "convert to their brand of Christianity." You'll see that, depending on the group, not all Christians are deemed "true Christians."

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wow! .. and you all proved my point. It's not that I'm not religious or spiritual but I think you are all pushing your beliefs on people and trying to convert them to the benefit of your own religion. Am I wrong?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

You don't have to read the bible to believe in god.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Religious rant and bickering is not new it has been around for centuries, In America we have many denominations of Christianity and the funny thing is how they compete with each other about who is the true church of God.

ATS is a popular site its high volume traffic attracts all kind of people, groups or else, looking for a cheap and easy way to promote views, issues and agendas, is no limited to religious rand either, if you look into the political threads you will see that is just like religious threads.

You don't have to answer to any thread that do not appeal to you and if any thread that you chose to participate have some poster bringing the wrong topic is just easier to ignore than to feed it.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

You might be right

I am a pretty regular visitor/poster. I sign on today and read a few articles and a bunch of them sound like they are trying to convert you to their religion! Specifically with the 2012 subject! I don't know how it got converted into a Christian day of reckoning against atheists/non-Christians but from what I understand this is B.C. calender scriptures of the Mayans which simply ends at December 2012.

I haven't notice the Christians hijacking the 2012, I must have missed these threads.

You could all be crying wolf and the Mayans just didn't have a convenient way of going further into the calender. All things considered they lived 2000 years before it was going to occur - they probably didn't expect it to cause a complete widespread panic.

It's almost impossible to know what there motivation was.

So Please, for the love of god. You can be Christian, believe in god (I do too), but don't push your religious values on people with scare tactics of eternal damnation. I don't understand why God would want us all to sit here screaming about our fates - isn't it pretty much under his control and his problem to deal with? If it's the end of humanity and we were created don't you think God would try and stop us from going extinct?

From my experience this is what Christianity does.

I just read about Angels coming down and killing 1/3 of humanity. That doesn't sound like what I picture Angels to be. I picture Angels to just be sweet spirits pure as water who want only the best for everyone. Why do Christians put these mixed views in our heads? To trick us into conforming out of fear of what our fates might be? Out of fear of death?

Well when God needed some one killed, mostly babies he sent angels to do the deed, so would you really want to meet a angel?

We should be very careful about this considering it's the same tactic that is fueling this war. We stay afraid of suspected terrorism, we continue to lose rights, and we continue to fund a failed war.

I agree with you here it's all based on fear.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by LDragonFire]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

Yeah, we'll all stand before God one day, and i hope he sends me back to Earth personally, I really like it here. But aside from that, your "Holy" rant is sort of put off by the fact you call yourself "PureEvil".
lol......ok hen,that wasnt a rant and........nevermind

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

yes you are right,but you cant benefit from the teachings if you dont read it

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Wow! .. and you all proved my point. It's not that I'm not religious or spiritual but I think you are all pushing your beliefs on people and trying to convert them to the benefit of your own religion. Am I wrong?
yes you are wrong my friend,i dont try to benefit anything except the well being of my friends,oh no my usernames pureevil oh no....

new topics

top topics

join