It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's over Central California 9:14PDT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I just got back from walking the dog, and during the walk I was treated to a nifty little show in the sky .
It was about 9:14 PDT and I was first walking north and I noticed a bright light in the distant NW sky. I didnt think much of at first as it looked just like a plane coming in for approach to Fresno Yosemite International,
I turned east at the next block and it passed overhead.
I would say between 5000'-7000', as it was well above Fresno PD's eurocopter that was making a transit across the city aththe same time.
It was a briliant large white light moving at a medium pace it made no sound and as it passed the light did not change at all.
If it was aircraft landing lights then they would have faded after it passed since they were no longer pointing at me, butg it stayed a brite point of lightas It passed.
It got a few miles down range when you could see and here a small prop driven plane approaching from the south, as they got nearer to each other the brite lit just went out.
Just gone, you could clearly see the green and red marker lights of the small plane as it passed, but nothing were they brite light was, it had no markers.

About 30 seconds later motion to the south caught my eye and what appeared to be a star started to move, the the one next to it started to move, then the 2 lights procceded to "dance" around int the sky.
They did looping orbits of each other for about 30 seconds then went into a figure eight pattern as they climbed towards the north.
After a few more seconds one stopped dead in its tracks while the other dissapered, then the first when speed off to the south west and was out of sight in 5 seconds.

About 10 minuted later 1-2 F16's took off from the local ANG base.
They usually head due west out to there patrols on the coast or out the water gunnery range, well this time they did a hard U-turn(take off is to the west) and headed east. Usually when they head east they take a big southerly loop away from town, this tgime they whipped right around as soon as they pulled up their gear, and headed in the same direction as the first light.

The about 10 minutes ago 2 more F16's took off and headed east.

The sky was cloudless and I AM VERY FAMILLIAR with every thing flying in the local skys and I have seen some "Odd" things moving about the night sky over the years but this was a DOOOOOOZEY.

I hope someone else saw the display.

I tried to get a vid or pic from my camera phone but they were usesless.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
i live in oregon,i was just outside looking at the night sky,since its the first clear sky weve had in weeks,going right through the dipper(not sure which one)i saw a light brighter than the stars in the dipper,passing through.i thought it was a satellite but then it just dissappeared,didnt see it again.i can identify sattelites airplanes and shooting stars easily...it was none of those....what was it?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Text Probably the Int'l Space Station...What's your zip code ? Can check orbital parameters based on your location...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
i live in san diego and around the same time on that same day me and my GF noticed a bright light in the sky towards the west. at first i thought it was a balloon or something but its movement was weird. it moved far to my right of my vision then back to where it started and sorta hovered there, kinda looked like how an organism looks under a microscope. it then started moving east over our heads then it got faster and just disapeared. the whole time it stayed the same size. we were puzzled at what it was.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

I seen one last night in BC vancouver canada. It was a shape that I didn't recognize as a plan, and it was very bright. The way I distinguished it was that it was going back and forth over and over again, and making some interesting noises. I was almost certain it wasn't a plane, do planes ever go back and forth like that? Then all of a sudden, the bright light went out and it was pitch black dark. Never seen it again, strange huh?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I am going to assume you are in Fresno, CA based on the airport comment.

Here is a 6/7 IIS - Shuttle pass for your area. They are docked. It states the magnitude was about -1.7 which is pretty bright.

Rises above horizon 21:10:02 0° 315° (NW )
Reaches 10° altitude 21:12:05 10° 322° (NW )
Maximum altitude 21:14:56 44° 42° (NE )
Enters shadow 21:16:51 17° 107° (ESE)

Notice the time frame seems to match your report. May be this is what you saw.

Visible pass link.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

You should report this to the NUFORC. Sounds like a good case they would probably make some calls to the bases.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I am going to assume you are in Fresno, CA based on the airport comment.

Here is a 6/7 IIS - Shuttle pass for your area. They are docked. It states the magnitude was about -1.7 which is pretty bright.

Rises above horizon 21:10:02 0° 315° (NW )
Reaches 10° altitude 21:12:05 10° 322° (NW )
Maximum altitude 21:14:56 44° 42° (NE )
Enters shadow 21:16:51 17° 107° (ESE)

Notice the time frame seems to match your report. May be this is what you saw.

Visible pass link.

Absolutely not the ISS/shuttle, unless it was somehow able to fly along under the other commercial traffic in the sky at the time. \
NO, I have spent many hrs watching sattelites and such and it was not in orbit.
It was bright and big, the appearance was that of bright headlight at a few hundred yards.
And the ISS doesnt explain the "dancing" pair of lights that appeared a few seconds later.

There were 6-8 reports on MUFON's website from sat. night , from around the country, about a bright light and a pair of light "dancing" in the sky.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Two nights in a row now, my G/F and I have seen these fantastically bright, whitish-blue, orb like objects. Both times, they were BELOW aircraft in the vicinity. When the aircraft moved toward them, they shot straight up into space at a breathtaking speed. The first one we saw (two nights ago) shot up then zipped off east. The one we saw last night just shot straight up until it vanished.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Can you post the link to mufon site you are using. I only saw two reports for June 7.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I posted about the news reports yesterday of sightings of some sort in San francisco and San Jose.

Maybe Cali is having a lil UFO flap.

Satellites or UFOS over San Jose

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
My friends and I saw an object that was blinked blue and white. It happened 6/7/08 in Boston. We were on our way to the store when I saw a bright object in the sky moving at a pretty high speed. It made no sound. I beleive in these things, 100%.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It appears as though I was witness to a "UFO flap"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

SWEEEEEEEET

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

LOL. Can you say ISS and Shuttle?

Just for the record, that was two sentences.

Edit to add: Carriage returns are your friend.

[edit on 6/12/2008 by Stockburn]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks
Absolutely not the ISS/shuttle, unless it was somehow able to fly along under the other commercial traffic in the sky at the time. \
NO, I have spent many hrs watching sattelites and such and it was not in orbit.

What method was used to measure the height of this object?

Have you monitored passes by the ISS, HST and iridium satellites in the past?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I believe it was the 8th of this month when my friend and I were walking on the trail in clovis, when both of us spotted what seemed like a shooting star. It was red and streaked across the sky, but was huge. It quickly " burnt out", but i still think it was too big to have fully burned up. Im not sure, but maybe someone else saw what i saw. It was around 3am when this would have happened, so most likely everyone was asleep.

::edit:: I changed the time to the more precise hour that this would have happened, my previous time of 4am would have been when i got back into my car.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by SFXBrandon]

new topics

top topics

join