It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Radio Ghost?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
So first off, I've been visiting ATS for years now, and have finally setup an account. So here's what I've been wanting to ask.

I live in central Iowa (please no Iowan jokes :duh
and for awhile worked at the local radio station KNIA-AM/KRLS-FM in Knoxville, Iowa. At the time I was working the graveyard airshift (11pm - 4am). I was in the on-air office and looked up into the passing hallway and saw something walk by. It didn't look like it was a physical, flesh and bone being...more how people describe ghosts. Like a pale reflection. It was pretty big, bipedal, guessing between 6-7 feet tall. I'm 6 even and it was bigger than me. It had a lean type body, with bony arms and legs. Not a human figure either. More creature. I remember it just walking past down the hall out of sight.

At first I was shocked and doing the whole "Did I just see..." routine. Here's my thought and question.

The radio station I worked at had two active AM towers around 100' away. Radio towers emit RF radiation...sooo could that be the true source of what I saw, or did the electricity draw it to my location?

BTW I always saw people out of the corners of my eye, but when I looked dead-on, there wouldn't be anything there. And it only happened during the graveyard shift.

What's your take?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I remember a TV show a few years ago where low frequency sound waves, from a newly installed ceiling fan, were found to be causing the fluid in a scientists eyes to vibrate and the pressure on the retina was producing images that would vanish when he looked directly at them.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
i guess technically there is no definative answer for the question you posed. ghosts are labeled paranormal bc it is beyond the "normal" realm in which we are accustomed. fascinating though to speculate that other realm. sorry i have no better answer for ya!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lowend81

Intense electromagnetic fields are known to produce sensations in the brain, of the kind you describe. In the night with no other distractions, near transmitters, it's probably more likely you would get some sensations than you wouldn't.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
You also might want to take into account the probability of high EM field concentrations from all of the equiptment. Sounds like you may have yourself a nice little "fear cage" going.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
djvexd - Never really thought of that. Doesn't the equipment and transmitter wire have sheilding to keep EM levels low? And I was at least 30 feet away from the transmitter room...hmm that's something to think about

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
alot of newer equiptment , early 70's and up, does. But if the station was wired before that, it isn't like asbestos, where they are mandated to replace or change. Alot of wiring form the 60's back were not shielded. That being said even if things are shielded properly an inordinate amount of electronics can give off enough of a field to produce that effect. Not to mention you have a transmitter with a nice little amplifier hooked to it....I am by NO means trying to chalk your experiences up to that. But definatley something to consider....do you still work there? can you maybe try some investigation? EMF readings, EVP's etc.?

[edit on 8-6-2008 by djvexd]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Sorry djvexd, I quit in the spring of '04. It would be cool to go back and do some testing but I doubt you would get any usuable EVPs. I worked there for two years and recorded hundreds of commercials without catching any EVPs. I'll see if I can get back there and do some recording, an old roomate of mine still works for the company.

new topics

top topics

join