It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we SEE Christ returning for AN ENTIRE YEAR??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
What most know as "The Day of the Lord", is the final year of the 3 1/2 period called the Great Tribulation.

To be more specific,

The Great Tribulation --> lasts 2 1/2 years
Day of the Lord --> lasts 1 year
Total = (of course) 3 1/2 years.

Now the SIGNAL that marks the start of the FINAL YEAR is the sun/moon/stars signal

Rev 6:12 And when He had opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake. And the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood.
And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, even as a fig tree casts her untimely figs when she is shaken by a mighty wind.

Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed like a scroll when it is rolled together. And every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every freeman, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains.

Rev 6:16 And they said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him sitting on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;

To summarize...at the 6th seal

1) sun turns black

2) moon turns to blood

3) heavens depart like scroll

4) great worldwide earthquake

The OT references to the 6th seal event, also mentions the stars winking out, I believe the "winking out" is what Rev 6:14 means when it says the "heavens depart like a scroll".

Now in Matt 24, it mentions that IMMEDIATELY AFTER this sun/moon/stars sign, that the SIGN of the Son of Man SHALL APPEAR IN THE HEAVENS.

Mat 24:29 And immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from the heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.

Mat 24:30 And then the sign of the Son of Man shall appear in the heavens. And then all the tribes of the earth shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of the heaven with power and great glory.

Now just to reiterate...just beforehand the sun is darkened, the moon is darkened and the stars are darkened.

Now I believe the ONLY "STAR" that will be visible, will be ONE STAR, and that "star" will be Christ sitting on his throne, and since his face shines like the sun in its full strength, that the WHOLE EARTH will see him.

Astronomers will look, and they will be able to notice that this star is moving, and it is moving towards the earth!

They will track it for that entire last year. Until "it" arrives on planet earth.

[edit on 7-6-2008 by SirPaulMuaddib]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Hmmm...i highly doubt that after:
1) sun turns black

2) moon turns to blood

3) heavens depart like scroll

4) great worldwide earthquake

Anyone is going to be around to see Jesus sitting on a star on its way to planet Earth.

Just me, but i cant see it.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SirPaulMuaddib

quote;will we see Messiah returning for an entire year?

one would think that if everyone on earth had an entire year to get over the shock of seeing Messiah coming as G-D that they would get busy and try to repent before His arrival but instead what we are shown in revelation 11 is that after 3 1/2 years of the teaching by G-D's 2 prophets in jerusalem that the followers of the beast murder them and leave their dead bodies lying in the streets for 3 1/2 days at the end of which they are resurrected and rise to meet Messiah in the air.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SirPaulMuaddib

I guess I am a little late at replying to your post.
I am wondering if you just found a Bible somewhere and read it, by yourself, without ever having any teaching on Revelations.
That would be kind of neat if you just came up with this interpretation, all by yourself.
Neat that you could be so imaginative.
Not so neat, as to being right about any of it.

new topics

top topics

join