It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Rudd to drive Asian Union

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Kevin Rudd to drive Asian Union

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

KEVIN Rudd wants to spearhead the creation of an Asia-Pacific Union similar to the European Union by 2020 and has appointed veteran diplomat Richard Woolcott - one of his mentors - as a special envoy to lobby regional leaders over the body.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.news.com.au
abc.com.au
www.radioaustralia.net.au
news.sbs.com.au

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Australia and the NWO ????
The NWO has been given a Death Threat it should Heed!
New US-led Asia-Pacific peacekeeping force and security bloc to be established by 2008.
The New World Order collision course. The coming battle for world domination between SuperPowers.

[edit on 7/6/08 by Cthulwho]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
With all this talk about the North American Union, we've also heard about a possible South American Union and now an Asian Union. Is this the first step to a one world government? To first align countries up into continents and then unite them all?

It would seem Australia, under the Rudd government, is taking a leadership role in forming an Asian Union. But is this on behalf of the NWO? Or perhaps in direct opposition to the NWO?

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I've been scratching my head over this one for the last couple of days.

It seems to me that what he's really proposing is admitting India to APEC and declaring a free-trade zone within. Given that the deal includes the USA and Canada, I'm at a loss as to how it could be seen as an Asian initiative.

I think what he's trying to do is get something in place to offset the growing influence of the SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Organisation) - which has a far more realistic chance of leading to an Asian Union than APEC, and which Australia has been thusfar shut out of.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
As discussed here: Australia takes the lead on Asia power shift. (EU-style body for Asia-Pacific)

[edit on 7-6-2008 by Shar_Chi]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Kevin07 should stop chasing whales and help the Aussie battlers.

justtofun.blogspot.com...

top topics

join