It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virtual Strip Searching is here at airports

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
AAAARRRRRGGGGGG

Honestly, they have no right!!!!!!

The booths close around the passenger and emit "millimeter waves" that go through cloth to identify metal, plastics, ceramics, chemical materials and explosives, according to the TSA. While it allows the security screeners -- looking at the images in a separate room -- to clearly see the passenger's sexual organs as well as other details of their bodies,

NO I WON'T DO THIS!!!!! They will not do this to me!!!! I will not get on their plane!!!!! I won't!!!! Do you understand government! I won't!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
AAAARRRRRGGGGGG

Honestly, they have no right!!!!!!

The booths close around the passenger and emit "millimeter waves" that go through cloth to identify metal, plastics, ceramics, chemical materials and explosives, according to the TSA. While it allows the security screeners -- looking at the images in a separate room -- to clearly see the passenger's sexual organs as well as other details of their bodies,

NO I WON'T DO THIS!!!!! They will not do this to me!!!! I will not get on their plane!!!!! I won't!!!! Do you understand government! I won't!

Good for you. Any airline that does this, we must simply not use. Force them to treat us like human beings by hurting them financially.

We the people.....May be the three most important words ever written. When we stand together, we have power. When we let them divide us, we become powerless.

We must remember, WE ARE THE GOVERNMENT. WE RUN THE COUNTRY. THEY WORK FOR US.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I said this on a similar thread, but I personally have no problem with the idea of the scan. If it scoots me through security quicker, then fine. What I do want, however, is absolute proof and measurement of the amount of X-ray involved. "Millemeter waves" don't exist. It's a dumb term anyway. Why not "inch waves"? When you fly, you absorb a certain amount of radiation, depending upon frequency of flight and elevation. So where does this scanning lay in the broad picture of day-to-day radiation? I don't need some noob telling me it's "minimal", I want numbers.

Aside from that, anyone that wants to look at the outline of my 50-year-old body gets what's coming to them. Sort of an interactive punishment.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Umm...millimeter waves do indeed exist. It's an extremely high frequency band that has a wavelength of between 1 to 10 millimeters.

I'm sure you've heard of microwave right? The frequency range of the wavelengths used in your, well, microwave.

An "inch wave" can exist too, if you want to define it as such. It's just the measure of the length of the wave and I'm sure there's a frequency out there that measures roughly an inch long.

If you can measure the length of a wave, and it's a few millimeters long, then what's stopping us from defining it as a millimeter wave?

Want more proof? I'm sure you have a home WiFi setup. And also glance at your cell phone. They both use a millimeter wavelength to communicate with the other equipment in their respective systems.

Want even more proof they exist? Go here:

ieeexplore.ieee.org...

It's IEEE's (the major engineering research society in electronics) Xplore search results for millimeter waves. If they don't exist as you claim, then I'm sure that's got to be breaking news to those researchers and their numerous publications. Either that, or they're all "in on it".

[edit on 11-6-2008 by HLR53K]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If I'm ever asked to do this, I'm going to say: "NO, I'll take my clothes off right here, right now before I step into a radiation machine." And then maybe pull out my penis for them to "view" and wave it at them. This is discusting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join