It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama becomes 297th white guy to be included on a major party ticket

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Am I seeing stars, or is this some popularity contest?

What is really funny is that people can click on stars, but they can't find the courage to say something.

I thought the star thing was to avoid the redundant posts of "I agree! Good Post." Also to avoid simply re-stating what someone else said in different words. Could be wrong though...have been on many an occasion.

I've even made a thread that got almost no responses but got stars.
I've also made posts I thought were quite profound...no stars

BTW gave you a star

[edit on 8-6-2008 by mysterychicken]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterychicken
I thought the star thing was to avoid the redundant posts of "I agree! Good Post." Also to avoid simply re-stating what someone else said in different words. Could be wrong though...have been on many an occasion.

First off, I will say I like your name.

The intention of the star was to do what you say and show agreement with a post, but I'm afraid that it is now nothing more than a tool for the sock puppets to make themselves out to be something they are not.

Don't let that discourage you. This board can be a great source of information. At least that is what I keep telling myself.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
though he shows his African American heritage more dominantly he's a redbone

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by blimpseeker
is it just me or is baraks mommy like...kinda hot?

A young Barack with his mother Ann.

i wonder if she also had a "short vagina"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7-6-2008 by blimpseeker]
another ignorant remark by blimpseeker,i speak for alot of people when i say.......just shut the....up,

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by geocom

And what in tar nation is a redbone? Do you mean Native American?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
No that is slang at least with the guys I work with for alight skinned African American personally I wouldn't care if the guys was purple or pink for that matter if he can accomplish anything that he says I will vote for him next time..

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I couldnt agree more that Obama is "white," if the game is "pick a side and ignore the mix." He was raised by his white family, in Hawaii for a fair portion, where there isnt a lot of "black culture" for him to have gotten some "black identity" from. (Those terms arent racism on my part, I personally dont believe skin color has anything to do with "identity" coming from the melting pot that is Hawaii myself)

It matters most WHO you are, how you act, how you carry yourself, who raised you. The relative pigmentation of your skin, in my humble opinion, is irrelevant.

In think he looks an awful lot like his white Grandfather.

Maybe it is just me, but he looks more like his grandfather than his father;

Here is a class photo. Clearly this is where he gained his "black identity."

I personally think it is shameful that he would turn his back on the people who loved him, raised him, and cared for him while his father ran off to pursue his career and never looked back.

While searching photos, I ran across this article, linked to a photograph of him with a woman he is claiming as his "grandmother" that isnt even a blood relative, and he never met til he was an adult.

www.freerepublic.com...

I think the author says it all.

I was raised by people who were not my own genetic relatives. I dont deny my blood relatives or my own ethnic heritage. It is a part of me, it always will be. However, the people who raised me are my family. The ones who took care of me when I was sick, who patched me up when I was hurt, who put up with my bad behavior and who I made cards for with crayons. They are, and always will be my family. My identity, and my loyalty lies with them first.

Now bear in mind they arent my "real" (genetic) family at all. I am interested in the history of my genetic line, who isnt? But ultimately, I am who and what I am today because of the day to day care and instruction from the people who raised me.

With Obama, these people ARE his flesh and blood. They ARE his ethnic heritage as well as the people who raised and loved him. For him to capitalize on the "black" side of his family and brush aside the huge contribution made by the people who bore him, raised him, loved him, took care of him, honestly that makes me think there is something wrong with the guy.

Edit to repair screwed up photo links (a couple times)

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Well if someone was purple or pink, I would question their heritage, but otherwise this is the land of tolerance. That is what America was built on. I think we should see each other as human, and we should see each other as brothers and sisters. That is the only way we as a race will survive. So many want to be dominant and will take opportunities to try to persuade others. The end result will always be the same. We either live or we die by our ability to cooperate. You make the choice.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by geocom

What African Americam heritage he has none his father was kenyan

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Oh, and I had no source. My post was a parody of what I see. The source was me.

I hereby site myself.

Get it?

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Tuning Spork]

i guess you have been plagiarized, check it.
blatherreview.mu.nu...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK

Originally posted by intrepid
I think he's beige.

Well you know what they say, once you go beige you don't go.......ahhhh hell......nevermind.

lol

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well now...Now that we have the ability to read DNA I really think all these people who "think" they are White (as if it is some great bonus) had better do their genetic DNA geneology first.

Apparently, White America ain't as "White" as it would like to be or "thinks" it is.

Maybe it will be DNA and the African ancestry that most of us have running through our veins that will FINALLY do away with this stupid FAKE sense of division cooked up and called RACE (when there really is no such thing in the human species).

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Its strange, just because someone has a multi racial herritage doesn't mean they will be half cast. I am related to two brothers with mixed race heritage, a white Mother and a Bangladeshi Father. One is extremely white and plae whereas the other is completely dark skinned. If you saw them you wouldn't think they were brothers.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by blimpseeker
i guess you have been plagiarized, check it.
blatherreview.mu.nu...

Good God, I'm plagiarizing myself. I'll sue!

Seriously though, I don't begrudge Obama identifying with whatever side of his family he wishes to identify with if he indeed wants to pick one and only one. So be it.

I just think it's interesting that he's called "black" as if he's nothing but black and not bi-racial. So, in this satire, I called him "white" as if he's nothing but white.

Pure silliness, in't it?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
"Obama becomes 297th white guy to be included on a major party ticket"

The Media keeps saying,"Obama,The first African-American President"

and stupid people fall for it!

Just so people know,O = God in Scientology!

Obama the biggest jew/assyrian with Oprah
O,God,O,Lord

expOsed!

[edit on 8-6-2008 by meanmug]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Well dreams n chains, let me be the first to welcome you to ATS.

So this thread is what made you begin to post... why? Maybe you should read what you type and ask your self your motivation.

And the media did what?

Didn't they constantly show Reverend Wright enough for you? For someone who would like to see the media tear him a new one, I guess I would also be disappointed.

Thanks for the welcome Hal9000. No, this thread was not the first one I posted in... and I not only read what I type but I think before I do. Stop trying to insult strangers on the internet... life and love are too short.

The media has not covered anything negative about Obama as they would have on any other person running for president. He has gotten a very easy ride. He is protected by a media that is afraid to say he is anything but a saint because they are the ones who have created him... and... are referring to him as only black/African American.... and..... any and all who don't vote for him are racist..... have to be....

It can't be because he gives no legitimate solutions/answers.... it can't be because he has worshipped in a very racist, anti-American church for 20+ years... it can't be because there are better candidates out there... it can't be because the man cannot even find the inspiration or strength to cross his heart during the national anthem or wear a little, tiny pin of the country's flag for which he wnts to rule... it can't be that he is a wishy-washy, smooth talker, etc........... no........... it has to be because he's black.

That is why this thread is funny. They are toting him around on his blackness.......... people are actually saying that they are voting for him because he is black...... and yet...... it all could be reported on the same way as that original post......... but..... that does not sell tickets or show that he is any different than any other newcomer candidate with little history or accomplishments in the Amercan political arena.... which is what he actually is.

The original post is true.... it's the irony in the conspiracy... and _that_ makes it downright funny!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Would Arizona governor Bill Richardson be the first Hispanic to do the same?
[edit on 7-6-2008 by Tuning Spork]

Well for one, Bill Richardson is the Governor of New Mexico.
For two I don't believe a persona ethnic background matters at all. I could care if the next President is Black, White, Purple, Green, or even Orange as long as they can do the job. I personally don't support Obama due to my political views and the fact that he's the corporate media's candidate of choice.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000Just consider that Barack Obama maybe just what what this country needs right now. I remember reading about when John F. Kennedy was elected that it was also a time when America was divided. He was able to bring the country back together in a way that no one else could.

Bobby Kennedy's tragically short run in 1968 would be a closer comparison IMO.
They both have/had large populist/progressive movements in a time of war.
They both are/were getting out the youth vote.
OTOH, the secret service extended Obama it's protection far earlier than they had planned. IMO, I think they feared a repeat.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

My thoughts exactly, Shaunman. Anyone the corporate types like, I dont. When "We the People" come up against "We the Almighty Corporate Interests" we lose. Any politician loved by them is suspect in my eyes. No matter how promising he seems, or how well he speaks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join