It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Quits Human Rights Council

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This should be a wake up call.

Ive been critical of govt and its policies over the last year in my own country and the US.But its time to call a spade a spade.There has been plenty bashing of the West over the last few years but this year its come to a head.That is to say TOO MUCH bashing.Im getting weary of all the bashing Canada,the United states,France,Britain,Israel and other nations who do their best to try and make a better world and then are demonized by those forces who represent nothing but hatred and darkness.

A battle seems to be forming not so much about religion but a battle between right and wrong or light and darkness.Yes we should always be on guard of our own govts should they become too self destructive.But this is an issue that our enemies are quick to exploit and are doing so right now.

If you live in America your american regardless of your religious affiliation.Same applies to other nations too.After watching these videos Western nations MUST make a stand now or there wont be a later for our future generations.Muslims must speak out and condemn homocide bombings done in the name of their faith.Muslims in America must get angry when an american is killed in Iraq by insurgents from iran or insurgents being supplied by the govt of Iran.

Iran ,Syria,Hamas,hezbollah,Islamic Jihad and other terror groups dont respect human rights at all yet hide behind these elements when we try and bring them to justice.The world is not the same as our societies.The real slavery is out there not here.Piracy is real off the coast of Somolia or Sudan.The Darfur madness is nothing more than racism against blacks at the hands of their fanatical Muslim overlords.We need to fight fire with fire and offer no quarter for none will be given to us.

The barbarians indeed are at the gates and its high time we realize this.We have the technology.We have the weapons.All we need now is the will,another issue our enemies are quick to exploit.Weve been at war since 9/11 whether we like it or not.Its time we remember that.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
No, it was the right decision. Everyone should quit it, the council has become a joke.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard you say. Poor execution is not a reason to throw away the model and you know it. If what is broken and move on, or at least have the never to admit you are a quitter. Perhaps the US Britain et al would have had more of a standing if they were the paragons of virtue vis a vis human rights, but regardless, the answer to a gathering darkness is never to turn out the lights.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

It makes perfect sense to leave. If we stay, we are giving our tacit approval to the genocide in Darfur.

Great thinking! Now we have given our explicit approval! Bravo!

The US has no interest whatever in preventing genocide.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by wytworm]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Grover, you can't just say "engage", what do you mean by that? Keep diplomatic relations with them? Have Sanctions? Keep telling them, "Bad Sudan, stop the slaughter in Darfur" ?

You know better to answer with such generalities. Give me specific ideas. When do you say enough is enough? It sounds like you would continue to talk with them while they keep the cleansing of the Region going. Sometimes you have to call countries out on their bad behavior.

Please stay on topic, I really want to hear your specific ideas for dealing with a country like Sudan. Obviously, whatever has been done, hasn't been enough to change their view. What would you do that would make them change their mind?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

So a Country like China with their Great Lead Forward and Cultural Revolution which killed 10's of Millions of People (probably 25-40 Million) is not a greater example? And those were their own citizens!!!!

You are blinded by your hatred of the U.S. to see any fault with other countries.

T

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The USA must have received permission from the Bilderbergers to do this.

I wonder if it is to permit widespread carnage in Iran or if it rather relates to the USA's Executive intending to arrest and do away with its most troublesome citizens ... like Luke Rudkowski and Alex Jones by way of example.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

Like staying there would sway Sudan.

The UN even fails to acknowledge a Genocide in Darfur. The U.S. calls it Genocide. And you want to bash the U.S. for that????

Do you consider Sudan guilty of practicing Genocide on the residents of Sudan? Soon there will be no original residents left in Darfur. You choose to ignore their plight instead of trying to help.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by pavil]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

So a Country like China with their Great Lead Forward and Cultural Revolution which killed 10's of Millions of People (probably 25-40 Million) is not a greater example? And those were their own citizens!!!!

You are blinded by your hatred of the U.S. to see any fault with other countries.

T

and wasn't USA built on genocide of 10-30 million native indian people ....

hyprocrite

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

Yea, it's easier said than done.

U think we have the money and connections to stop the elite. The elite already have their plans lock down before you were ever born. There's not a d2mn thing anyone can do to stop them.

Why don't u do something, besides talking and blaming the problems on the US citizens.

And don't say that we elected Bush, when elections are rigged.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by amfirst]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Yea, and so was every country. How do u think people come to power?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I'm quite in favor of this decision. The Human Rights Council is at best hypocritical on many levels and the United States does not need to be a part of such a low point in international government. Being a part of that Council in my opinion reflects very badly on the US by association with some very shady governments.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

Originally posted by wytworm

It makes perfect sense to leave. If we stay, we are giving our tacit approval to the genocide in Darfur.

Great thinking! Now we have given our explicit approval! Bravo!

The US has no interest whatever in preventing genocide.

Now maybe you can tell us how this decision changes one iota of what the US can do in Darfur?

Or are you just interested in spewing your hatred for the US?

[edit on 10-6-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Its not about what we can do its what we will do. Not to mention what we have done / are doing!

It isn't hatred for the US, its patriotism. Love of the US should have everyone in this thread rejecting this move. Barring that, love of Human Rights should.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

Originally posted by wytworm
It isn't hatred for the US, its patriotism. Love of the US should have everyone in this thread rejecting this move. Barring that, love of Human Rights should.

Bullcrap. Wrapping yourself in the flag won't cut it here; we can see right through you. And the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.

You just want to prolong the life of a crappy, impotent organization. Why? It has been shown to be corrupted by the very nations that commit genocide. You want to be part of that club? Be my guest. Me, I'll call a spade a spade.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I wouldn't wrap myself in the US Flag as I was brought up with very specific guidelines on how you treat the flag. I am disappointed you feel otherwise.

I am not wearing pants, no as I work out of my house and it is too hot today. I do wear a t shirt and some fluffy bunny slippers. So I would say your premise again is flawed.

Your attitude on the org is one i encounter frequently by those who confuse the model with the execution. The premise of the org is sound, I think there are some concerns about its execution, yes but as Americans we do not quit because things are hard right? Why not just fix it? Laziness? In this case I would imagine it gets pretty hot for Human Rights abusers to be involved with such a group. I certainly wouldn't want to represent the USA with its current stance of having no stance on human rights.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

You clearly have not been paying attention to this thread or reading the arguments. How can the we build a better UNHRC when it is run by the most undemocratic nations - with the poorest human rights record - in the world?

President Bush criticised the UNHRC last Septemeber and the President of the Council agreed with him;

Pres ident of UN Human Rights Council: We need reform

No reform has happened. The council continues to resist reform and is still bias to Israel and the West. America gave a warning for it to reform, but the UNHRC still failed to investigate nations like Burma and Zimbabwe. The European Union has even told the UNHRC to reform, but those undemocratic members would rather deny genocide in Sudan and justify homophobic and masoganistic laws in the Middle East. I'm not sure about you, but I certainly do not want to be sitting next to those hateful individuals.

Conclusion: The UNHRC is a joke and so is the UN. Both need reform or nations are justified for leaving them. Sadly, a minority of ATS members turn a blind eye to human right abuses across the world and would rather focus on the United States instead

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I keep trying to tell you that it doesn't matter what we do so long as we continue to engage and pressure countries like the Sudan to change their ways. If we throw in the towel and walk away we have effectively conceded and thrown away any chance we had in the first place. It's a cop out.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Gun HOOO
we are the yanks and we are right ALWAYS
If we now decide to leave the council its obvious its because its uselsss
It has many nations on the council that are themselfs a torturing nation ..
SO as you can see its right we leave ..
This is sooo typical USA attitude
That makes me so glad that the word finally has woken up and really LIKES the US now ....

Just because some are bad you leave and justify it ..Thsi si so childish but then again that excatly what you are a child nation behaving like one

aND ANOTHER THING ...lOST the war ? WHAT HAVE YOU LOST?? WHY THE FEAR TO LIFE UNDER MUSLIM RADICALES ..??

It wasnt muslims that demolished the towers on 911 it wasnt muslinms that lied to you to get you to attack Irak for oil

It wasnt muslims that got you to invade Afghanistan fro gas ¨pipëlines ...
stop beeing braindead and try to educate yourselfs
You life in a bubble created by your politicians and medi

YOU THINK YOUR CHRISTINA RADICALS ARE ANY BETTER ..
FFS iam an ateist and i have nothing but pitty for you believers ...
NO RELIGION :::NO WARS :::

Its that simple ..
Idiots and their religion are the cancer on the planet that need be eradicated ..
Muslims, hindus, christian
you are fools ....
Just take a minute and look into all these religions ..They are all the same ..made up ...to occupy your little tiny minds ..
You look at them the days the numbers its all the same just slightly adapted to the region it is in ..

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

You clearly have not been paying attention to this thread or reading the arguments.

You are unsuccessfully trying to conflate 'reading' with 'accepting'.

How can the we build a better UNHRC when it is run by the most undemocratic nations - with the poorest human rights record - in the world?

Read any of grover's posts. He has it exactly right. I know with certainty that we cannot do it in absentia as we join in a race to the bottom of the human rights list.

No reform has happened. The council continues to resist reform and is still bias to Israel and the West.

I wonder how successful their bias would be in the absence of Israel and/or the US embracing human rights violations. I wonder how the reform process will be enhanced now that the US has pulled out? More effective reform would you say?

The European Union has even told the UNHRC to reform, ... individuals.

Again, read any of grover's posts. Sure, the UNHRC seems toothless, perhaps it is following the lead of the US which having had teeth previously is now in the process of yanking out any remaining ones. Why should one HR violator listen to the US? Why does Israel tolerate HR abuses in the US? Why does China?

Conclusion: The UNHRC ... the United States instead

I think ATS members agree that the US is in the world and should enjoy no double standard on HR abuses.

Thank you for shifting your position from abandonment to reform.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I thought I would never see the Day when the media was stating
"THE USA" is committing torture, has secret CIA Prisons, and invading a nation that never attacked us, NEW WORLD ORDER seems pretty
primal if you ask me. keep your protection at the ready.
I think before Fall, we will see what GWB has in mind...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join