It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Quits Human Rights Council

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BBTBE

That just shows how uninformed you are. The UNHRC is basically letting the lunatics run the asylum. When Sudan does not allow a UNHRC mission in to check on abuses and then says "well you didn't even go there" as their rationale as to why they are not abusing human rights, you can begin to see the problems with that group. It's a farce with no ability to do anything. Bash the US for leaving it, but it's like leaving a dysfunctional family, you are better off in the long run for doing so.
BBTBE, please state your rationale for you view. Most torturing nations actually stay on the UNHRC and manage to thwart attempts to prove their torturing.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If the U.S. is truly a sincere advocate of human rights, then why quit? It makes no sense. If you believe in the cause, don't give up the good fight.

So, the council is fret with bickering and finger pointing. It's all the more reason to stick it out, and fight for the truth. What ever happened to not giving up.

However, since this particular administration has turned a blind eye to the issue of human rights by it's actions, namely condoning torture, it's plain to see we are no longer advocates of this noble cause.

Hence, the U.S. has egg on it's face.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Good! Maybe this is this first step to withdraw completely from the UN.

This is the same UN who wanted to investigate the United States on racism, right when we were on the verge of electing Barack Hussein Obama as candidate for the Presidency.

The same UN whose so-called peace keepers are raping women and children in the Congo.

The same UN who condemmed Saddam Hussein, then at the same time lined their pockets by supporting Saddam's Oil for Food program.

Without looking can anyone name the US Ambassador to the UN? I had to look myself. Here's a hint, the guy is a Muslim, appointed by Bush, I guess that is why you never heard of him. I guess the media didn't want to give Bush any credit for this, so it went unnoticed.

The UN is completely worthless to the United States and the less involvement we have with them the better.

Please do withdraw and leave your veto at the door. We can now make real decision without America's meddling. The reason it is a joke is because you made it a joke.

You want isolation, please remove your bases from our countries also, please stay in your homeland. Please please.

You will also have to go the long way around when flying and shipping to countries you wish to invade.

While you are at it, please return the stolen artifacts of art and historical pieces from Iraq which you stole, not to even mention the people you murdered and raped.

Oh and your patents and intellectual property rights, leave them at the door too. When you close the door on the bases and listening stations you occupy in our countries, please repay the losses for the industrial espionage which you back stabbed from your allies.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by mOOmOO]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOOmOO

Please do withdraw and leave your veto at the door. We can now make real decision without America's meddling. The reason it is a joke is because you made it a joke.

You want isolation, please remove your bases from our countries also, please stay in your homeland. Please please.

You will also have to go the long way around when flying and shipping to countries you wish to invade.

While you are at it, please return the stolen artifacts of art and historical pieces from Iraq which you stole, not to even mention the people you murdered and raped.

What does the UN do? Pass resolutions, that can only be enforced by the United States anyway?

We will continue to help the worldwide community, whenever the next Tsunami, Earthquake, Aids epidemic, and other natural disaster strikes we will be there to help. We will also continue to fight against terrorism, tyranny, and anarchy worldwide. We will continue to man bases in countries that we have helped liberate over our 232 years of existance, including Iraq, and hopefully soon Iran.

Finally, don't even mention rape and the UN in the same paragraph. You definately don't want to go there.

The world can live without the UN. But it can't live without the United States of America.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

As I said, please leave your veto at the door and close it behind you.

The UN is not about "America" it is about EVERYBODY. The sooner you realise that "America != World" the better for the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

No Plainly we will keep our veto and continue to be the #1 contributer of funds to the UN.

I suggest you ask your government to request the bases and US Aid to cease. How many countries do you live in MOOMOOM?

Again, see above answer.

While you are at it, please return the stolen artifacts of art and historical pices from Iraq which you stole, not to even mention the people you murdered and raped.

Proof of stolen artifacts by the US would be needed. As to the murdering and rape, please present accurate statistics with documentation. Thank you.

Oh and your patents and intellectual property rights, leave them at the door too. When you close the door on the bases and listening stations you occupy in our countries, please repay the losses for the industrial espionage which you back stabbed from your allies.

Again, tell your countries leaders that. You can at the same time cease exporting things to the US and importing goods from the US. At the same time you can have the brightest students of your country go get higher education in another part of the world.

Also Moomoom, does your country have a problem controlling immigration into your Country? We seem to have a problem with too many people wanting to come to America? Surely your country has the same problems, no?

[edit on 8-6-2008 by pavil]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
If the U.S. is truly a sincere advocate of human rights, then why quit? It makes no sense. If you believe in the cause, don't give up the good fight.

We believe in the cause, not the venue of the UNHRC. They, despite the name, do little in the way of actually safeguarding and protecting human rights. When you have countries that deny basic human rights to half their population (women), preaching about human rights, you know something is majorly flawed with that organization. As I have said, the lunatics run the Asylum of the UNHRC.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Actually the United States is the biggest dead beat when it comes to paying its United Nation's dues.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Now if we can get the U.S. my country out of the U.N. and make them move their headquarters all would be great.

Good! Maybe this is this first step to withdraw completely from the UN.

I can't believe I agree with you two!!

But there is one difference: You want out of the United Nations because, PUBLICLY, they don't support the wars of corporate greed that you support. I want out of the United Nations because it is a world government prototype.

Your beloved heroes are all too happy to be in the United Nations, so that is how it will remain.

The same UN who condemmed Saddam Hussein, then at the same time lined their pockets by supporting Saddam's Oil for Food program.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Oh, how I love people like this.

I agree with you 100% America should leave immediately out of all bases around the world.
Then state emphatically that we will NEVER come to the aid of anyone ever again, not financially, not foodwise, medical, nothing.

We won't ship you any movies, music, or any arts whatsoever.

You'd think that would be the greatest thing that could ever happen right?
I agree, although I believe we have extremely different views of the outcome.

You probably believe that if the US were suddenly gone (completely) everything would just be fantastic, because we all know the only aggressors on the planet are the Americans.

Without America the planet would have no wars, no famine, no disease or pestulance, without our patents that we "stole" from everyone else, technology would finally flurish and global warming would be a thing of the past.

I believe exactly the opposite, that the rest of the world, especially the Middle East and Europe would collapse, from religious interest, civil unrest and domination and war from neighbors intent on stealing resources.

I believe that without the US, the population of the rest of the world would be cut in half in 50 years.

I want the same thing you do.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Agreed.
I think some posters need to put aside their political bias towards America. I wish all European nations follow America on this move. The UNHRC is controlled by individuals who are xenophobic, genocide deniers, masoganistic , homophobic and undemocratic and are using the council for their own political needs.

Try getting the council to investigate Zimbabwe, Sudan or even Algeria instead of sending "representatives" to Western nations all the time. Oh, wait...what about Tibet?!?

Tibet off the Human Rights Council's agenda

Discussion of the situation in Tibet was stifled at the UN Human Rights Council meeting in Geneva on Tuesday.

Following repeated Chinese protests, the President told NGOs that they could not limit their remarks under the agenda item before the Council to the situation in only one country.

Amnesty International

Yes. You read it loud and clear. After Chinese protest, the council agreed it cannot focus the situation on one country.

...Even though it does with Israel, America, United Kingdom and France.

And this isn't the first time Amnesty International has attacked the UNHRC

[edit on 8-6-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

What does the UN do? Pass resolutions, that can only be enforced by the United States anyway?

What do you consider "enforcement"? Bombing them?

So let me get this straight, you're all for sovereignty violating resolutions passed by the United Nations as long as the United States is the one to enforce them and as long as the United Nations, and every country on the planet, wholeheartedly and unconditionally supports the United States in that enforcement?

Hooray for the World Police!

We will continue to help the worldwide community, whenever the next Tsunami, Earthquake, Aids epidemic, and other natural disaster strikes we will be there to help.

Do you block out other foreign contributions to these disasters? Do you not see them or hear about them on your, no doubt, favorite news station, FOX News?

Do you honestly think the United States is the only one that donates? There are countries FAR less economically developed as the United States that donate to these disaster relief funds, yet all you want to do is over-hype the United States' contributions as something to be proud of.

Imagine that, humans helping other humans, no matter what borders they lie within!!! That sure is something to promote!!! Now they should listen to us and not question us for the next hundred years, right?

Countries donate to us as well, did you know that? Bangladesh isn't exactly a rich nation, and they have their own issues with monsoons and tropical cyclones, yet they donated $1 million to the disaster relief after Hurricane Katrina.

Where is your thanks to them? Is it ever NOT about how great the United States is with you?

We will also continue to fight against terrorism, tyranny, and anarchy worldwide.

And we will continue to create more in the process of "fighting" it.

We will continue to man bases in countries that we have helped liberate over our 232 years of existance

"Liberate". Is that what we're calling it now?

and hopefully soon Iran.

YEAH! YOU TELL 'EM! THOSE BAD IRANIANS! THEY TALK BAD ABOUT US, LETS BOMB THEM!

The support and justification of a war against Iran is about as mature and logical as two first graders in the principal's office arguing because one called the other "stupid" and the other responded with "idiot".

The world can live without the UN. But it can't live without the United States of America.

The world can't live without the United States, but it can live without the World Police.

[edit on 6/8/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

This is the same UN who wanted to investigate the United States on racism, right when we were on the verge of electing Barack Hussein Obama as candidate for the Presidency.

Wow, you actually typed this out, hopefully reread it, and decided to post it? I am amazed, again PR you stoop. Actually I am sure you can not see the irony in this statement, and that is no surprise.

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Right? Can anyone say "Cut and Run"?

I am amazed at how so many people toady exist with such a fatalist view of the world and everything in it, I don't know how people with this world view even get out of bed. # I can't figure why these people would even bother sleeping in a bed, the midden heap seems like the perfect place for them to lay their heads...

Yes, everything around us is flawed, just as humans are flawed. But to give up and turn our backs on everything is to loose. The path is progress not perfection. It is long past time we opened our eyes and realized the importance of dedication and work.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal

Wow, you actually typed this out, hopefully reread it, and decided to post it? I am amazed, again PR you stoop. Actually I am sure you can not see the irony in this statement, and that is no surprise.

I've said it once and i will say it again... if you don't expect reason from RR, you will never be disappointed.

Such attitudes remind me of the sulky kid who takes all his marbles and goes home because the other kids won't play by HIS rules.

The UN certainly is not perfect, but then nor are we.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

But that is not what I said now was it.

UN budget 2,380 Million US Contribution 846 Million or
36.65% of the Budget. The US is by far the #1Contributer of Funds to the UN and related agencies. Another chart shows the US Contribution at 22%, still the largest of any country.

www.globalpolicy.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
To everyone who hates and derides the U.S. for it's meddleling, war starting, destroy the world, etc.,etc. I agree with most of what you say.

As a proud American I do believe that we should let the world rot. No more foriegn aid, no more aids prevention money to Africa. No more anything to anyone who is not willing to put their own lives up for some antiquated, idealistic notions of freedom or liberty.

That may sound sarcastic but I do mean it. The U.S should not get involved with any country that condemns it's own people to starve (north Korea), lets women be treated as slaves (the entire Middle East). So on and so on.

I despise this president and everything he is told to stand for but in a few months he will be gone.

The simple fact is that we should have left the HRC when Lybia was elected to run it a few years ago.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Americans like to blame the rest of the world for thier home problems, wich leads to allienate themselfs of the rest of the world, to even get paranoid enought to attack other countries that are imposible to do damage to even thier own neigbours. Americans will autodestroy themselfes very quickly through that road. All empires have fallen in the past, this one is going the same road. If Americans do not stop being imperialistics and start behaving as a normal country, they will be seen as the 1st force of evil in this planet and in the future will be crushed by the 95% of the non american population of this planet...

Sorry to tell the truth...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Take a good look at who is in the commity. Largly despotic types that do not honor the rights of their own country men. The full scope of these commities is to reign in the freedoms here in the USA rather than to promote human rights elsewhere. While we're at it we should also walk away from the UN and evict those *plural explitive* from our soil.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If the United States had stepped away from the Human Rights Council, that can only really mean one thing. That being that the U.S. Government is not going to acknowledge human rights in open quarters, since it is already not acknowledging it behind closed doors, with the C.I.A. Black sights, where there is torture going on in the name of our freedoms, but via a surrogate country doing the actual torturing.

For instance I mention waterboarding in this thread :

G.I.Jane vs Rendition...Hollywood vs Reality...Training vs Torture...WATERBOARDING

One of, and I mean one of My sources of some of this information was this book :

Ghost Plane: The True Story of the CIA Torture Program

As well as this book also :

Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army

Which I reference in this thread here :

Blackwater : Right-Wing Conservative America, Whether You Like It Or Not...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I find is fascinating that some people are so blinded by their extraordinarily biased ideology and hatred of the US that they ignore reality. Put down your irrational hatred for the country for a minute, and look at the facts.

The facts are the HRC is a joke, and regardless of your narrow minded political ideology, its a good thing the US left - other countries should do the same. You don't worry about human rights by ignoring Darfur and Tibet.

Turn off the TV, step away from CNN, and get the facts.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join