It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hadron collider

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
First, Hawkins didn't say all of his theory on Blank Holes was wrong.

Second, the LHC is a collider, they can be and are used for all sorts of experiments, the ones already in existence have been doing experiments for decades.

The Higgs experiment is just one of the many planned experiments.

Third, the LHC doesn't run Windows Vista ... some desktops may, Microsoft put some cash into the project too you know.

Fourth, things aren't black and white, the LHC isn't built for 1 experiment, it does allow for certain experiments that aren't possible on existing hardware to be done. The chance of a black hole to be created is just a speculation, black holes are theoretical science and no experimental or other evidence of their existence exists.

As I said before, before detonating the first atomic bomb, the fear existed that it might start a cascade nuclear effect in the earths atmosphere, that also turned out to be a worthless fear, when they learned more and more about how a nuclear reaction happens and how decay really works in these events.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by thematrix

The term "worthless fear" kinda bothers me when used in any relation to the words nuclear bomb. So far the earth is still here, but these scientists may be very out of touch with the real life and death of their work. I personally do not understand how it is ok to take the world's life in their hands, and no one has any say? I can appreciate the science, but not at the expense of life. It obviously really bothers me that the common man has no control of our world anymore.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
Now i know MAD scientists exist, do we really need to know the secrets of the Universe? DO WE?
I do not need to know, but I never let the possibility of learning anything pass me by, so if they have the possibility of learn more about the universe then I am glad that they would try to do it.

Can we all die in the process? Maybe, but after avian flu, SARS, AIDS, cancer, pollution, global warming, cold wars, world wars, religious persecutions, the plague, etc., it would be just one more possible way of dying, and I am not worried about the means by which death may come, unless I kill myself it will always be out of my control.

Originally posted by AgentScmidt
Sure, the odds of winning the lottery are slim, maybe one in 7 million - but there's always a winner of the lottery, right?

That does not work in the same way, the odds for the lottery are a mathematical certainty, these are more speculation.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

As I said before, before detonating the first atomic bomb, the fear existed that it might start a cascade nuclear effect in the earths atmosphere, that also turned out to be a worthless fear, when they learned more and more about how a nuclear reaction happens and how decay really works in these events.

So your argument is because we got lucky and the first atomic bomb didn't kill us all, this thing won't either? That's pretty weak.

Did you know the sick scientists running this thing actually HOPE that this thing creates what are called "strangelets" and will be looking for them in experiments?

Strangelets are a type of matter that turns whatever it touches into stragematter. So if one gets created, and touches the walls of the chamber it's in, that will turn to strangematter, which will touch the building and turn that into strange matter, touching the earth and turning that into strange matter, until everyone and the entire earth is one floating ball of strange matter.

The scientists actually WANT this to happen. They are NUTS.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Are they nuts, or just not as dumb as you would like them to be?

It is all theoretical. the sky is not falling.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
what would the matter do to us?
is that another destruction scenario?

[edit on 8-6-2008 by endel13]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by endel13
what would the matter do to us?
is that another destruction scenario?

The strange matter I was talking about?

Read about strangelets here:
en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, if strangelets are created it will basically be destruction for us, because us and the entire earth will be transformed into a floating blob of this 'matter'.

By the way, anyone see those newest maxim pics of Kate French? I totally wanna collid'er with my large hardon... err I mean my large hadron.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by AgentScmidt]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentScmidt
By the way, anyone see those newest maxim pics of Kate French? I totally wanna collid'er with my large hardon... err I mean my large hadron.
Don't do that!!!

It could result in some strange matter and the end of the Earth!!

On a more serious note, do you know if this collider is strong enough to create those dangerous strangeletts?

Or can it only create the same time as those created by the cosmic radiation?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentScmidt

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentScmidt

u sure u want to show kati french ur large hadron and the poor girl not a wet sunday in the grave..

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Is the HC on?
Does anyone know?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
The existance of black holes is questionable, if you want my opinion. Being a subscriber to the Plasma Cosmology theories, i am unsure if i believe in the ability of a black hole to exist on any level that we have thus far postulated.

I was just about to make the same statement when I noticed that you had already said it for me.

For such an informed group of people, the field of Plasma Cosmology seems to be sadly missing from most of the discussions around here.

www.thunderbolts.info

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join