It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

black helicopter!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
so on February 3, 1999 at new hudson airport (Y47, for you pilots out there
) there was this black helicopter out on the ramp. i have more pictures, but lack the upload space. i'll put them up on a website for all to see. what i want to know is what is the thing on the bottom? know it's hard to see right now, but i'll ahve more up soon.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ya know I've seen a helicopter like that chase UFO's near crop circles before on video. That thing on the bottom may be a surveillance camera.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
That piece right there is part of the DEA task force. The thing on the bottom is an UV/infrared sensor to test for heat coming off of indoor grow operations. I was just discussing a helicopter like this in another thread. I'll edit in a link later. Awesome pic, BTW.

*EDIT: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by insite]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
as promised, here are the rest of the black helicopter pictures...

community.webshots.com...

and that wouldn't really surprised me if it were DEA as there are a ton of drugs in the detroit area.

EDIT: in one picture there is a sort of controller or something. any idea what that would be?

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Very nice pics, Just parked there taking up space.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Care to explain this one? LOL!

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yupe, thats a DEA Air Patrol Copter.

The device is exactly that, an IR/ low light/ Thermal camera system.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think it may be a FLIR Imaging System (Forward Looking Infra Red)

Link

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
thank guys. i was wondering about that.

insite... the picture won't work for me. what is it?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It looks like an infra red camera, our local police force here in the UK use the same thing! Strange that it's all black though!!!!!!

One strange thing I did notice about the pic though ... it has no registration number on the side of it??? If it was an american helicopter then it should have had a prefix of N followed by numbers .... but there is nothing ... strange huh?

AR

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ace_Rimmer
It looks like an infra red camera, our local police force here in the UK use the same thing! Strange that it's all black though!!!!!!

One strange thing I did notice about the pic though ... it has no registration number on the side of it??? If it was an american helicopter then it should have had a prefix of N followed by numbers .... but there is nothing ... strange huh?

AR

yeah, why it was black had me puzzled as well. and it did have some numbers. look toward the top of the cab, the numbers are 20820

community.webshots.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
All i know is that thing in the front looks like a pointy stick it splices telephone wires if they are in a chase and flyiny low i dont know if this is accurate i heard this somewhere. Cool pics btw

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I missed that number "20820 ", but it's not an aircraft designation as far as I know????? (could be wrong on that!)

ShadowMan: Good call on the phone cutting device, but wouldn't the downdraft of the roters move a telephone cable to much? to be able to split it in half???
(again could be wrong on this)

AR

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Im not too sure but i remmebr seeing a police video and they were discribing the parts on a police helicopter and it had the same thing and the cop said it was to cut down telephone wires. But if that where to take place with your idea well con edison wouldnt be too happy
now to your question "ShadowMan: Good call on the phone cutting device, but wouldn't the downdraft of the roters move a telephone cable to much? to be able to split it in half???" well im thinking it would cause hell of alot of trouble there are many possibilities with it getting tangled im sure and well some power lines are thicker then others and well i cant be too sure but i know the front device is for cutting them head on one slice and its done as i stated before for an example if they are in a chase and broadcasting or even chasing the car.

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by ShadowMan]

top topics

join