It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange Mars picture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I decided to check out some Mars pics and join in and explore a little.

I was looking at this pic from Mars and the structure or rock in the middle of the picture struck me as odd.

On the Mars picks I looked at I saw either and open view or a cluster of rocks.

This structure looked like a bin you see outside of a house when their cleaning out.

It has a light brown streak along the bottom of it as well.

I did a close up of the structure and a black spot that could possibly be a probe was over the structure. Maybe it was caught while it was cloking itself because in another pic of the same structure it was gone. Or it could just be a spot.

I looked closer and to the left and right over this structure it looked like extra-terrestrials in the process of cloking themselves or interdimensional beings. Maybe it's their energy.

Could this structure be a way station of some kind? The beings seemed to be looking at the camera.

Again, this is pure speculation and I wanted someone with all of the neccessary tools to analyze the picture.

First pic

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Second pic

Could it be Noah's Ark?
Are there other structures in the open like this in other pics from Mars?

What about the two formations next to the structure?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hey good find may I ask, what rover and Sol # please?

The top left pic - the object has weird round circles on bottom- the left top picture has geometric formations- they are indeed strange. Use your PC magnifier brings out some weird stuff.

Keep 'em coming folks!! Find 'em and post 'em!

[edit on 7-6-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This has been on another thread, dont remember which one, and i did not participate in it.

But the conclusion was that it was apart of the rover that we are seeing, if i remember correctly.

If that is believable or not, i dont know....

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
Hey good find may I ask, what rover and Sol # please?

The top left pic - the object has weird round circles on bottom- the left top picture has geometric formations- they are indeed strange. Use your PC magnifier brings out some weird stuff.

Keep 'em coming folks!! Find 'em and post 'em!

[edit on 7-6-2008 by RUFFREADY]

It's from Opportunity, I'm not sure of the Sol numbers.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You are looking at photo's taken through a fish-eye lens used for navigating the Rover. Perspectives are grossly distorted and the objects are very small. The largest object in the background is probably the size of a deck of cards or even smaller.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Lets not forget the lens of the camera stretching and distorting the pictures a bit.

I have to admit, in the first one it looks like the Jawa sand crawler.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
all three "structures" are part of the rover? if someone has a link to that thread, please post it; although i will do my best to find it on my own.

www.techshout.com...

the above link contains a pic of the rover. i am at a complete loss for how it could be determined that any or all of those structures part of the rover. i am sorry for my apparent overwhelming ignorance in this, but please, explain to this to me, bc i am not seeing the connection.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

It will be a digging to find that thread, i've tried but...

all three "structures" are part of the rover? if someone has a link to that thread, please post it; although i will do my best to find it on my own.

As i said, if it is believable or not...
And also, to add, i did not read the entire thread since the technical terms were starting to go way over my head, as cameras is not my speciality

I think these images are interesting, they do start the imagination

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The images are from Spirit, Sol 1457, it says so in the URL.

If all images show the same thing then it must be part of the rover.

That would be the first thing I would look for.

Compare it with this image from Sol 1459.

And yes, I am pretty sure that is part of the rover.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The images are from Spirit, Sol 1457, it says so in the URL.

If all images show the same thing then it must be part of the rover.

That would be the first thing I would look for.

Compare it with this image from Sol 1459.

And yes, I am pretty sure that is part of the rover.

alright, so you are saying you are SURE it is part of the rover. can you show me which part of the rover you think it is?

i understand that we are supposedly looking at something (the middle "structure" or whatever you want to refer to it as) that is, according to one of the posters, about the size of a deck of cards, HOWEVER, i have looked at several pics of the rover from different angles and "blown up" and just cannot see any features that look like anything on the horizon of the pics posted by the OP.

All i am asking for is that one of those who are saying they are convinced it is the rover to show WHY they think this. i am not arguing that it is not, just don't see why one would think it is.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

alright, so you are saying you are SURE it is part of the rover. can you show me which part of the rover you think it is?

i understand that we are supposedly looking at something (the middle "structure" or whatever you want to refer to it as) that is, according to one of the posters, about the size of a deck of cards, HOWEVER, i have looked at several pics of the rover from different angles and "blown up" and just cannot see any features that look like anything on the horizon of the pics posted by the OP.

All i am asking for is that one of those who are saying they are convinced it is the rover to show WHY they think this. i am not arguing that it is not, just don't see why one would think it is.

Hi, justamomma

you will never see them because they are below the rear solar panels:
here,

you can see where they are approximately located (blue disc) and where is located the rear-haz cam (red sphere).
The object visible in the op upper left and upper right photos is the one (or an identical one) inside the white square: in the photo is visible because is a photo of a Rover not yet deployed, so the components located in the lower side of the panel are visible.
marsrover.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos

Originally posted by justamomma

Hi, justamomma

you will never see them because they are below the rear solar panels:
here,

you can see where they are approximately located (blue disc) and where is located the rear-haz cam (red sphere).
The object visible in the op upper left and upper right photos is the one (or an identical one) inside the white square: in the photo is visible because is a photo of a Rover not yet deployed, so the components located in the lower side of the panel are visible.
marsrover.nasa.gov...

oh wow!! okay, i DO see the extreme similarity and now am at the conclusion that seems the most logical.. it must be the rover. thank you for taking the time to point this out.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks for those photos, I looked for but was unable to find a photo or a diagram showing the location of the rear hazcam.

top topics

join