It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress, Federal Reserve, and our money.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Section 8. The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

Maybe I am missing something, but the Constitution states that Congress MUST coin and regulate our money. So I ask, why do they not do this, while the Federal Reserve does?

Shall does not mean "if they want to." When in terms of laws, regulations, or directives, Shall is a direct command.

How is this allowed to happen, and how can we correct it?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The sceen in Harlod and Kumar escape from Quntanimo comes to mind.

That is: when the over zealious agent wipes his ass on the Bill of Rights.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Double Eights

Section 8. The Congress shall have power to lay and collect tax...

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, [...]

Maybe I am missing something...

The Congress Is borrowing money... albiet it is the Federal Reserve (which is a partnership of private corps. & bankers) but so what--- the letter of the constitutional law is being followed ...i.e. Congress is 'borrowing' inflationary monies based on the credit/faith/tax revenues of the USA.

Our Federal govt is also coining several types of coinage, but the way the worl works now, Congress cannot "regulate' the value thereof !

for instance the US mints are halting the striking of 'Silver' coins
because that appox 1 ounce of silver is changing so rapidly that the US mints would be losing money on the sale of the coins. a walkking liberty silver coin should be retailing (through the dozen or so primay dealers)
at around $25.00 each ((with all the mark-ups and handling fees added))
However that $15. worth of sterling silver imbeded in the coin's alloy is changing value so rapidly that Congress can't fix a denomination price/value on it...so it has not Dollar denomination on it--.

its like a 'forever stamp'... a losing proposition for the treasury & mint, but a bonanza for the people astute enough to have bought them coins when they were available

Your not 'missing anything' your being fed double-speak,
and a confusing cluster of explainations... one needs to get familiar with legaleeze, to kinda seperate the froth from the stout

join