It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haiti, Our way to control Cuba?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well my friend brought up something today that seemed very possible. He said Bush may be sending troops to Haiti not because of the rebels that are taking over, but because Castro is going to die soon because of how old he is and when he does die Bush wants to take over cuba quickly. Bush sending troops because of what is happening in Haiti at the moment is just a cover for what he really wants to do. What do you think, does it sound possible?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Do we all want to start taking bets on what lame ass excuse Bush (if he is reelected) will give as a reason to invade?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Doesn't make any sense to me - Haiti and Florida are similar distances from Cuba, and Florida has AFB's and NAS's all over the place...

Plus you have Guant�namo Bay, US Naval Station IN Cuba, as well as the US protectorates, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands in the same vicinity.

Nothing strategically could be gained regarding Cuba by "taking" Haiti.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Yep. I agree. One short hop of 70 miles from mainland US (if you count the Keys as mainland) and you're in Cuba. There is absolutely no reason for the US to be in Haiti other than as a stabilizing force.

It's highly doubtful that the US will ever invade Cuba. The hope is that when Castro dies, the regime will change it's stance anyway. Cubans are resigned to their fate whilst old Fidel is still smoking his cigars but when he dies it's more likely that Cuba will go through it's own change without outside intervention being needed.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Leveller]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I have come to wonder if maybe we use these countries as social experiments of what will work and what will not.

Im fairly sure if that dont purposly send these countries into mayhem im sure that they are taking extensive notes on everything that is happing so that they can captilize on it in some in the future.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Whatever the motive, a US military presence is still the correct and humane decision

new topics

top topics

join