It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delaware House Bill 302 - Your organs are ours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
OH BOY!

I regards to organ donation - currently the law in Delaware is this -

On July 16, 1998, Gov. Tom Carper signed into law that it was required by the DMV to 'obtain information regarding an individual's consent to anatomical donation'. Code 16 Del. C Section 2724. The DMV was directed to ASK people if they wished to donate organs and if they wanted the designation to appear on their drivers license.

Pending in Delware House of Representatives is House Bill 302 which would change Delaware law to read this way - "Youa re AUTOMATICALLY deemed to have consented to being an organ AND TISSUE donor but such designation will not appear on your driver's license unless you want it to." No "opt out" provision is provided.

Any opt-out must be made by the person while renewing his license. The opt-out must be initiated by the person and the DMV will not ask the person if he/she wishes to opt-out.

So .. if you live in Delaware .. your organs belong to the state unless you specifically say otherwise during your drivers license renewal.

I have no idea what that means for people who don't drive. How would they say 'don't take my organs if I die'?? I guess they are out of luck.

I'm an organ donor so I encourage VOLUNTARY organ donation - as well as bone marrow donation which is done while still alive. But I find this new Delaware House Bill to be frightening. People have a right to do what they want with their bodies when they die. While I hate to see good organs buried or cremated, it is that person's right to do so.

This is seriously invasive.

[edit on 6/7/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Very Invasive.

I believe the Government feels it "Owns" all of us Body, Mind and Soul.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
That automatic 'organ and tissue donation' really bugs me. TISSUE? The whole body is 'tissue'. So they could, hypothetically, take the entire body of people who are homeless or who are old and have no family.

Experiements .... organ selling ....

Again - I am an organ donor so I understand the benefits ... but OMG .. this is beyond invasive and goes straight to the state owning your body.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Can someone supply a link to the bill itself or a story about this bill in delaware?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have become an adamant opponent of all organ transplants.

I see here a big money making scam. Doctors are telling their patients they need this transplant when in fact they could get well without it.

This is one of the reasons for increasing demands for a sample of your DNA.
First we have the problem of the over zealous harvesters who will proceed to cut up someone who isn't even dead.

There are already rumors (which I begin to believe) that 3rd world children are being kidnapped and their organs harvested & sold.

Then we have the matter of payment for these organs (& tissue) Another money well for the State (in addition to their drug business).

This is very Orwelian.
When will we just say "NO!" to the mattoids in government?

[edit on 7-6-2008 by OhZone]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Scary for sure. Government officials just doesn't know where to stop, do they.

I'm not an organ donor because for me it just doesn't seem right. I don't know why.

Roper

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Can someone supply a link to the bill itself or a story about this bill in delaware?

I have no link. I read it in the newspaper this morning. Sorry.
It's in the news around these parts (greater Philly area) and people
are discussing it in letters to the editors in the papers.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
That automatic 'organ and tissue donation' really bugs me. TISSUE? The whole body is 'tissue'.

Soylent Green is people, anyone? Every so often I read/see a story that only serves to reemphasize my notion that I will never be an organ donor. Never.

I'm a huge believer in states' rights. But man those states are acting almost as crazy as the federal government these days. Maryland - mandatory vaccination. Delaware - organ harvestinig. California - everything they do.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone

I see here a big money making scam. Doctors are telling their patients they need this transplant when in fact they could get well without it.

you have to be kidding right?

get on well without a transplant? way to pool everyone into one big heap without any idea of what it is for.

i was always one who wanted to take my organs with me when i die, that is everyones right and i agree to that principle.

However a good friend who suffered Cystic Fibrosis was always extra cautious. anything he did could end up in a hospital visit for several weeks at a time.

He arrived back in town yesterday after having a lung transplant interstate and i have to say that actually KNOWING SOMEONE who had a transplant really opens your eyes to it all.

Im thinking about becoming an organ donor, for without his donor he would never have had a chance at better quality of life.

oh and incase you havent researched CF, life expectancy is about 30yrs because it stunts growth and causes other problems...
he's about 34 and considered to have been one of the lucky ones to have lasted so well but each year he would spend AT LEAST a month or two in hospital with colds/flu's, pnuemonia etc.

i have known this guy many years and after seeing him sunday, i heard him TRUELY laugh for the first time ever. no coughing, no wheezing or struggling for breath with every little giggle he makes.

even the way he speaks and his whole demeaner, its so much more full of life and up beat.

so the whole "giving transplants when they arent needed coz ppl can get by fine without it" thing is the biggest load of baloney reason ive ever heard.

i dunno what backwards hospital schemes run in your area but in Australia organ transplants do not cost the patient, no health fund needed.

good ol goverment medicare takes care of it all

[edit on 9/6/08 by Obliv_au]

top topics

join